main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars web comics: Official thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No idea abut the symbol.

The location could also be Hypori.

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It's a mark Jeff Carlisle puts on his art, kinda like a signature.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The droid hologram's dialogue at the end, though setting up Dooku informing Grievous about Nute most likely, also fits in very nicely as a post-Malevolence situation, making it fit nicely between Destroy Malevolence and Rookies (as Grievous has been off of Anakin's scopes for weeks at that point- makes sense his rejuvenation would be then).

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I liked this one. Simple, nice showcase of each of the artists, and...Kaleeshness. :D

I was kinda hoping for a Sk'ar cameo though.

On closer inspection...the Hodges page shows a cybernetic body. So... hurm. :p

5. Charlii

Charlii Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I took that as symbolic, it's a dream after all.

6. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Kaleesh FTW. That is all. :D

7. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    lol i am curious about all the locations and the species he is fighting. Is that a severed Skrilling head?

8. GrantGoBoom

GrantGoBoom Artist: -TOPPS -TCW Web Comic VIP

Apr 25, 2005
    Yep!

And keep a close eye on the episode tonight, because you may see something that'll remind you of that page.. ;)

This "Dreams of Grievous" chapter was a lot of fun... It was cool to draw pre-cyborg Grievous sans mask. I geeked out a bit over that. And all of the other artists drew such rockin' pages..

Thanks for the nice feedback, everyone!

9. AdmirableAckbar

AdmirableAckbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2008
    That was really enjoyable.

Pity there was no Ronderu, though.

10. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    wait, don't artists get VIP red...

and I am still dying to knw the backstories of all the memories, assuming they are real memories, and what the various worlds and species were, and why he was killing a Skrilling warlord (?), and even the neat world he was leading the droids on.

[awards self 25 brownie points for spotting the Skrilling]

11. GrantGoBoom

Apr 25, 2005
    Hmm, I dunno... ? Maybe the TFN folks don't know I'm on the forums here..

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sad General is sad. :p

13. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    This was personally one of my favorites so far.

As for it being a "Dream"... these are past events. You should consider "Visionaries" as "Infinities" content because that is not Grievous' origin.

14. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    That's a shame. Especially if the new one is that crap from the Target site.
    At least they went with the Visionaries design, though - but I have a feeling that was more to appeal to Hasbro's figure than the Visionaries story.

15. AdmirableAckbar

AdmirableAckbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2008
    We'll have to consider more than just "Visionaries" Infinities, though, as Greivous' backstory has been established in other sources, too.

It'll be a real shame if they go with this inferior wannabe Jedi backstory, but I'd be confident enough someone will come along and make it fit with the other, somehow or another.

16. Charlii

Charlii Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Yes, the short Target-bio doesn't in itself overwrite anything in particular, but we'll see in tomorrows episode...

And while Visionaries in itself have always been in a slightly uncertain position as far as canon goes, it did mostly retell the story from LoE and both was later referenced in both Able's Grievious article and the Essential Guide to Aliens if I remember correctly. (and most likely CSWE as well) So it's not just one source we're throwing out, if that is indeed what they are doing.

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm mildly concerned about the episode myself, but there's nothing in that comic that contradicts Abel's article, really. It seems to suggest that he'd already lost a limb or two prior to becoming Grievous, but that's not impossible.

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I don't know how accurate that is. I'd say that, taken by itself, the Target bio overwrites most of Grievous's shuttle crash/cyborgification backstory. It can be made to fit, but as is, it's a major contradiction of Eyes of Revolution and Lord of War.

Certain point of view: Maybe Grievous sometimes wished he could be a Jedi to better defend his people from the Yam'rii? Maybe, after the shuttle crash, he had to undergo several distinct procedures before he was completely cyborgified and operational?

I don't have any idea about the "his diabolical plot" bit. You could say San Hill brainwashed him to think he'd modified himself, but I think that's pretty stupid, and I don't know how well it fits with existing stories.

Regardless, it's pretty clear that the implication is that the series of cyborgification procedures he underwent were self-inflicted and happened over a lengthy period of time, with him gradually becoming more and more robotic. The webcomic, even if you argue that it doesn't contradict anything in and of itself, supports this idea.

19. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    As for it being a "Dream"... these are past events

I'm saying it's a dream. ;)

ph

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    :D

A travesty now corrected. :)

22. GrantGoBoom

Apr 25, 2005
    Whoo hoo! :) Thanks, man

23. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    Grievous' old name does translate to "The Dreamer."

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Cool, so Qymaen Jai-Sheelal means dreamer? Awesome.

Yes, I came up with that name without help.

[face_plain]I'm a geek.

25. JMM

JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File star 3 VIP

Jul 9, 1998
    I hope this episode doesn't contradict Grievous' origins, as laid down in Insider. Between that and the new "Order 66" book contradicting the Mando article from Insider, Abel's gonna develop a complex...

But really, it could start being a big problem if it's established that all narratives (novels, cartoons, comics) can ignore and contradict any other source material. Every one of those authors will start worrying about what they're writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.