main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clones or Droids?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Matt-trooper, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Which side do you like more?

2. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    The trade federations droids are weak and useless, I quite like those driods on Geonosis with the armadillo type faces and the arm mounted blasters, they rock so much they even have the cheek to shove the weaker droids out of the way.

Those rolling droids with the portable shield generators are just bad loosers cheating...

3. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    This is like asking "Pong vs. Resident Evil 4" in terms of graphics.

4. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Simple, the answer is Pong.

But seriously, I think the whole Clone v. Droid was part of Palpy's plan. He needed to know which was better so he would have an effective army when he took over.

If the droids win, they'll kill Jedi.

If the clones win, it's the Jedi's fault for the war.

They are protectors of the peace and the common being. They blew off taking care of the problems with taxation of the trade routes, or the fact that people were getting disenfrachised with the Republic. They let Dooku go. Dooku took that anger these people had and tried to take over. How do we know that the other Jedi aren't planning the same thing. It's better to kill them with our army before they can try to enslave us with more years of war that limit our food, take away our new starships, limit our use of the HoloNet, and make life even more uncomforatable.

Either way, the Jedi are out of Palptine's way.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    clones are agreat...besides it is all a master plan by palps

6. mlbfan

mlbfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2004
    clones are better, because they are more organized and have more specific attack patterns and groups.

7. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Clones don't deactivate if the capital ship in orbit is knocked out either.

8. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Droids are interesting, but it's tough to choose them over the clones.

9. CommanderJamesBond

CommanderJamesBond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    I like em both. The CIS and the Republic are tied as my favorite faction in Battlefront.

10. Boba_Lives

Boba_Lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Clones!!! Droids are weak!!!

11. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    The Droids annoy me with their "Roger, Roger"

At least the Clones can think independantly to an extint.

12. Sev-07

Sev-07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Bah, Clones own the droids....when they have an equal amount of people.

But the droids far outnumber the clones, and the droids look cool...

13. sheep21

sheep21 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    and Clones arent?

Clones beat droids, clones can learn and adapt much quicker than the droids can, also they can live off the land if need be, ever see a tree that grows power cells? me neither.

Clones are however a considerable investment, whilst droids can be spewed out in there tens of thousands every week.

So clones are superior in arms, equipment, tactic, and learning.

However, droids are vastly numerically supierior, they dont eat and of course, a droid doesnt need to sleep.

for me however, the clones clinch it, just.

14. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Clones, definitely.

15. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    The clones because I belive it was Palpy's plan to see what was better for when he took over.

The droids are sad, super battle droids are even pathetic the destroyers with shields are a bit disent but comon

the only worthy droids ive ever seen where Grieveous's bodygaurds

16. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
  17. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    Clones are better because they are stronger, compared to the driods which are a pile of junk.

18. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "But seriously, I think the whole Clone v. Droid was part of Palpy's plan. He needed to know which was better so he would have an effective army when he took over"

I disagree with that. Palpatine already knew that droids would be ineffective to carry out his ultimate plan to eradicate the Jedi after witnessing their dismal failure on the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. This is why he set the plan for clones into effect soon afterwards, also mapping out groundwork for a Seperatist threat lead by his new apprentice to warrant what would appear to necessitate an ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC. Under his charade as Supreme Chancellor, he could never utilize the droid army of the Seperatists to take over the Reoublic and eliminate the Jedi Order. With the Republic Army, all was at his command. This was his plan from the beginning, utilizing the clone army to his own nefarious end.

19. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I liked the Clones more. They were better disiplined and more coordinated in their battle strategies.

20. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Droids.
    Sure, Clones can think. Still, if you pitch 50 smart guys with tactics against 500 guys who are retards, i still think the 500 would win.

Battle Droids are weak. That is true, but they are plentiful and make good basic infantry. Super Battle Droids are excellent. Play Republic Commando to find out.
    Super Battle Droids are heavily armoured, and arent fragile like the Battle Droids. They can fire different lasers. From normal lasers to small missiles to three shots at a time.

Anyway, then there are Destroyer Droids (those that roll).
    Their shields are really powerful, and their guns are fast. They are good enough to make Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan flee. Obvious, Droidekas are excellent, and so are Super Battle Droids.

Then we have also the large amount of different types of vehicles and stuff, that are mass produced too.
    Homing Spider Droids, Hailfire Droids, AATs, MTTs, STAPs etc. Clones have their own special units like Delta Squad and ARC Troopers, but the CIS is better in the end.

The Republic forces win because they have Jedi too... but anyway. Clonetroopers are superior to Battle Droids, but a Clonetrooper doesnt stand a chance against a Super Battle Droid or a Droideka. Geonosians are part of the CIS too, and they've got pretty good technology. Their sonic blaster fire cannot be blocked although its relatively short range.

The Droid Control ships when blown up no longer have the droids deactivated. In a cut out AOTC scene a Droid Control ship is infiltrated by Jedi under Ki-Adi and Plo Koon and is deactivated. Battle Droids fight on.
    So there :p

21. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Both sides are awesome actually. The Droids are VERY powerful. They may not have independent thinking, but if you think about it the Clones don't either. They live and die for the Republic. Just because they can think a color is pretty, doesn't really mean much. Droids kinda look cooler in their various designs but of course the clones pull ahead with the organized tactics.

22. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    Droids, no doubt.

I love the design of the Battle Droid. They look so damn cool. Additionally, I love their voices.

I wish I owned a REAL Battle Droid. I could maybe teach it to do some chores or something. Maybe teach it to speak nothing but Yoda's dialogue from both trilogies.

23. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    lol! that would be funny :)

I wouldnt mind my own pet Droideka... let him loose on the school grounds at my mean teachers.

24. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    The droids are weaker but they have such great numbers I can't help but love them

25. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    the clones definitely. people may think droids are better because they're machines and more expendable, but considering there's over a million clones and you can always make more, even though they're humans to palpatine the clones are equally expendable. plus they're smart and stronger. they're made just to fight and follow orders pretty much. palpy knew they were better than droids. the only reason he made the seperatist droid army was so that he had an excuse to get the more powerful clone army for the replublic, which he'll of course now whipe out the seperatists with his superior clones and then turn the republic into the galactic empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.