main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clouded Memories (post-Rebirth Anakin, third in Solo kids trilogy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hello, loyal readers!

It looks like this story will be wrapping itself up pretty soon, possibly as soon as the next post. However, this means that I will be starting the long-awaited sequel to "Of Pilots and Jedi", "Into the Unknown", as soon as I finish this story.

For those of you who would like to see more of the three original characters whom I have introduced in this trilogy, Nadia Montaigne, Cianna Darklighter, and Julie Daris, they will be the focal point of a story to be written by padawan lunetta and myself. I'm not sure when that one will go up, but I'll keep you posted.

For those of you who just want to see more of my writing (though I can't imagine why), a new prequel era story, "The Eternal Vow", will begin this week. It is the brainchild of Sticks; she's letting me tag along as co-author on this one.

Later, everybody!

:D

2. tech77jp

tech77jp Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    I know it's annoying for you to be bugged like this every time, but...

Do you still have interest in my site? Can I get those text docs when you're done with this story?

It's coming along great, by the way.

3. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Great post!
    I agree with JadedofMara. Let them have some happiness, despite the fact they aren't real. Hey, maybe even because they aren't real!

Whatever. That didn't even make sense to me...

*Jadis*

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Boohoo...the end of the story! :_|
    BUt yay! a lot of mely writing to be looking forward to in the coming weeks..co-writing with almost all of my favorite fanficers (that includes YOU, Luney, are you happy now?) 8-} and mely, this sequal to pilots and jedi...how far after the story will it be?

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    It will be two years later.

By the way, I'm having a slight block on the last post, probably because it's the last post... I don't want it to end either!

:D

6. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Then don't end it. :)

7. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    so when is Mel going to post the end?

9. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    *sniffle* Last post...

-------

Landing on the hidden Jedi planet was a welcome experience for Anakin. He'd never felt so happy to see the faces of his family and friends. Nearly dying had made him miss the Jedi more than ever before.

He was pretty happy with the way his life was going, despite the fact that some of the people he was closest to weren't terribly happy. Tahiri had run up to him as he came off the boarding ramp and kissed him, but she hadn't said a word to him in the two weeks since his arrival. Clearly she was still angry about his leaving without saying goodbye, but he was just glad to be around her again, even with her mad.

He'd been most concerned about Julie finding her place among the Jedi, but it turned out that there was nothing to worry about. Mara had immediately taken Julie as her apprentice, along with Nadia. Nadia and Cianna, who were quickly becoming best friends, had immediately accepted her into the fold.

What surprised him most about Julie, though, was the relationship she had so quickly formed with that new student, Nic Previn. There was so much between them that was different. He was twenty years old, had traveled the galaxy, and had been supporting himself since his parents died eight years before. She, on the other hand, was sixteen, had lived her entire life within a hundred kilometers of her birthplace, and had lived a life of priviledge. It seemed that they should have nothing in common.

But what they did have in common was what bound together all life. And that was enough for them to form a lasting friendship.

Anakin and Julie had agreed that not all the information about the Naberrie family, especially about the current royal family of Naboo, needed to be known by the Jedi. After all, Julie had heard rumors that Prince Armand might soon be leaving Naboo to do a little recon of his own. They didn't want to put that kind of mission in danger.

In so little time Julie had become a permanent fixture in their lives. It was getting harder to remember a time when she wasn't there. Every time he saw her, Anakin marvelled at the guidance of the Force that had led him to not only his family, but to such a brilliant star in the Force.

Something told him that Julie would become very important to the Jedi. He didn't have Cianna's gift for seeing the future, but Julie's extraordinary talent for healing led him to believe that she would become a pillar of this, the new Jedi Order.

A dream had come to him a few times, one in which he saw a galaxy again at peace, and his family, both his family through blood and his family through the Force, back to normal. He saw Jaina and Nadia both carrying unborn children, and he saw Cianna, the prophetess, dressed in white before an assembly. Then he looked down and saw a hand in his, and when he looked to the side, he saw Tahiri standing with him. They were at a new praxeum, and the children were looking to them for guidance.

It wasn't just the new Jedi Order. It was their Jedi Order.

-------

It's over, guys!

*bursts into tears* I can't believe I finished this! Thank you so much for putting up with me through this trilogy. I hope to see you all again in the stories upcoming for me, including "The Eternal Vow" (cowritten with Sticks, already up and running) and "Into the Unknown", the sequel to OP+J.

Thanks again!
    Mel

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    What a sweet ending. :)

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sniff* *is crying* It's over??? :( :( :( NOOOOOO ;) Very lovely ending, I love the imagery :D (And the mushiness) (Oh and nice touch on keeping His Highness a secret ;))

Can't wait for Unknown!!! :D :D

12. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Greatness, applause, etc etc. ;)
    Well done.

13. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great ending! So happy. :) Can't wait for the Pilots and Jedi sequel.

14. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Aww, it's over? :eek: NOOOOO! :_| Oh well great job, and hurry up and get working on your OP&J sequel!

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great ending, except for the word "ending" in there.
    But "great" definitely fits.
    Can't wait for the OP+J sequel.
    *makes note to self* must check boards for Mel's next story instead of just using the links *ends note*

16. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Oh wow! that was great! it was a happy ending...fits in well with luney's story, right? ;)
    To be honest with you Mely, i liked this story a lot, but it was my personal least favorite of your trilogy...which will soon be a quartet! (YAY INTO THE UNKNOWN!!!) your jag/jaina stuff is so great...but a good conclusion to a good fic!

17. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, that was really cool. I liked the vision of the future there at the end. Also glad this finished before I left. :)

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'm so sad that this is over, but happy at the same time because you are writing MORE STORIES!!!! Hurray! :D

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    What is it with Skywalker/Solo men that lead them to get hooked up with strong take charge women?

I noticed you slowed down the postings on this one. Very nice. :)

Luney at my mercy? :) I'm at hers. I beg for her to send me stuff to beta. I keep asking her for Galaxy and Shadows but what happens? She has a life! She goes to work. What's a beta to do? ;)

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    LOL at RebelMom.

Ooops, forgot I'm not a normal poster. Oh well.

Very nice fic, Mely, and I love the way it dovetails with Luney's. (Especially since her mention of your stories is what got me started on them in the first place!)

Specifics: Actually, Anakin is my least favorite of the Solo children, (Marie ducks Luney's blasterbolt) but I really liked him in this story. I'm also kinda glad Tahiri wasn't in it too much because she can get on my nerves. (Ducks again) I really like your original character of Julya/Julie though. Quick question: Is her name at all related to the handmaiden of Sabe (Jule) you mentioned in your TPM fic? Perhaps it's just a coincidence.

I should really stop asking you questions in finished threads.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that your post on September 11th was very touching. I appreciated it, even months later.

~Marie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.