main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clouded Memories (post-Rebirth Anakin, third in Solo kids trilogy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Cute :D Anakins IS such a cheater ;) Gee, I wonder why Julie would feel so close to him! And the fruit with all those bugs is gross *makes a face* Ewww ;)

I BET Anakin has a nice physique... *growl* ;)

Can't wait to see more Mely!!!

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    luney, you've got to stop that kind of commenting... ;)

Anyway, I probably won't post more tonight. I'm currently working on my other story.

3. tech77jp

tech77jp Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    Great story! Is what I *would have* said, but that's too monotonous... :)

I'll think of a unique compliment later. ;)

4. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, everybody. No, this isn't a post. There's actually a fairly amusing story about my roommate locking me out of my room while I was in the shower, but that's for another time.

Anyway, I'll try to get something up later today.

:D

5. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm a bit reluctant to say this here, starting something here that isn't on topic. But I hope that none of you here are hurt in recent events. My heart goes out to you. Other than that....I'm beyond words. So I'll leave it at that.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    no but i have a friend who goes to high school less than 10 blocks from the WTC and a bomb was found there. i dont think it exploded though.

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Thank you, Eldritch.

This is my meager attempt to at least in part reconcile this horrendous series of events in my own mind. I hope it will help one of you.

-------

Anakin spent a great deal of his time over the next week with his X-wing and Hayllar's crew. Despite the depression he felt when he saw the mangled mess of twisted metal and frayed wires, he really needed to be there. None of the crew members had ever seen anything like the X-wing. They were fascinated by it. Anakin found the situation to be surreal.

On his seventh day there, the fighter was starting to look more as it should. He was lying on his back on a wheeled cart under the engine as he sensed Julie enter the hangar. "Hello, Julie," he greeted.

"Hi, Anakin." She walked over to him and pulled him out from under the fighter by his feet.

"Hey, I was working there," he protested, sitting up.

"I know you were. It's time for a break," she replied. "Come on. We're going for a walk."

"Why?"

"Because you've been on this planet for a week and you haven't seen the ruins yet. All you've done is lie on your back under that fighter and work."

"I did get soaked the first day," he said, standing up.

"Nope. Doesn't count." She looked at him pleadingly. "Come on, Anakin, we'll take a speeder out there. It'll be interesting, I promise."

Anakin followed her grudgingly out of the hangar. He really wanted to continue work on his X-wing, but he sensed that Julie really wanted him to come. He hopped in the speeder and let her drive.

They rode in silence to a site several kilometers away from the edge of the estate. Anakin's jaw dropped as he saw the site in question. A building that had obviously once been a grand sight was now a collapsed maze of fallen stone. The ruin, as Julie had called the place, was still a formidable image, though.

He followed her into the ruin. As they went deeper into the building, Anakin asked, "What was this place, Julie?"

"It was the trade center of Naboo. When it collapsed, there was a government social event going on."

The building held the faint tint of death in the air. Following a feeling in the Force, he pointed to his left. "What's that way?"

"I don't know. I've never been down that way."

Anakin hesitated. "Can we go that way?"

"I don't see why not."

They walked side by side down the corridor to a enormous opening. The walls were still mostly intact, but the ceiling was completely gone. Anakin recognized it immediately. It was a ballroom.

The sense of death was getting stronger. He heard Julie's breathing quicken. "What is it, Julie?"

"Anakin, forty thousand people were in this building when several coordinated explosions happened. Most of them were here. Can't you feel it?"

He nodded, unable to find words.

She continued. "It's as if thousands of voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced..."

"I know," he replied.

Anakin was so engrossed in the shadows of emotions around him that it was a long time before he noticed that Julie's shoulders were shaking and tears were flowing down her face. Instinctively he reached out to her with the Force, forgetting that he was no longer around the Jedi. To his surprise, she started.

"What was that?"

"The Force, Julie," he replied softly. "You can feel the Force. That's how you can sense that death happened here."

She began to walk around. "So many innocent people died here, all because of Darth Vader. Yet, he saved our planet. It doesn't make sense."

"Violence never makes sense, Julie." He joined her and put his arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him with her brown eyes, so full of wonder, tears barely held at bay. "The violence here was so outrageous that its victims still cry out in the Force. That's why you can hear the voices of the dead."

She looked away, and her voice held a mystic quality. "It's changing... it's almost like singing."

"I know," Anakin whispered. "Someone has heard their voice, and someone will remember it."

-------

I pray for you all, and hope that the nightmare w

8. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    wow............... powerful stuff. excellent emotional post.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    nice post. liked the way you integrated the terrorists and ANH. hope everyone else is all right

10. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    As I watched news coverage today, I realized that this was the path I needed to take to release some of the emotions I've been feeling over the last twelve hours. I hope all of you will find a way to release over the days to come as well.

Oh, R...J, yes, I took that line from ANH. The reason for that will be clear later in the story.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    well, it was clear it was taken from ANH ;)
    and i can certainly understand needing to release emotions

12. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    This is a horrible tradgedy... I heard the worst story on CNN of a woman calling her husband while her plane was being hijacked.... those sick, evil, people kept passengers in the back... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! dear god why do people do things like this????????????!!!!!!!
    people used to joke about like a war happening under George W. Bush's administration... and now it's real, and no one's joking.

on a clouded memories note, it seems that Anakin isn't interested in Tahiri anymore... is he falling for Julie?

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I decline to comment on that, RMC. ;)

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    actually, seniors at my high school were seriously talking about having to forego college for the military. but since it was almost certainly terrorists, i doubt any war that results will be one of manpower.

and Anakin does seem to be falling for Julie

15. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    yeah, it wil be things like cruise missile strikes, F-117A paveway laser guided bomb dropping missoins, etc. If there's any subsequent fighting, i doubt there will be heavy casualties. These people were smart enough to hit TWC and the pentagon with 767s, but that doesn't translate to defending their camp/HQ.

16. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    We were talking about that today too, R...J. It's scary to think that if they were to call the draft, my brother is eligible, all my male friends... It's frightening.

Anyway, I'm still not commenting. ;)

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    yeah... if we can even find their hq.
    oh, did you hear that a missile struck something in Aafghanistan, where oh, whats his name,(major terrorist) is right now

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    and most of my friends either are eligible or will be VERY soon.

19. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Osama bin Laden.

However, you must remember that they have their own rather hot political situation there. It could be completely unrelated.

And I'm still not commenting. ;)

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    true. all that was said was that a missile hit something there. and thanks for the name.

btw, I take "not commenting" as meaning we're right.

21. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm still not commenting. Take it as you will. ;)

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    i told you how i'm taking it. thats speaking from experience there.

23. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Do you guys think I've handled this appropriately?

I'm still not commenting. ;)

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    handled this appropriately? yes

and I'm still taking that as a yes

25. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    *Mel sits in a corner not commenting and takes luney with her*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.