main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clouded Memories (post-Rebirth Anakin, third in Solo kids trilogy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I didnt kick your friend, I just kicked the event! *throws DRL down chute to be chopped up into little pieces while hes at it*

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I'm just passing through to up this and tell you that I've decided to start at a point near the end of this story and work my way backwards for a bit to see what Anakin and Julie should be doing now. Don't worry, it shouldn't take me that long, and I am trying to write something.

Later!
    Mel

3. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Well...hurry up up up up up up! :))

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    You dont want me to bring in my sock now, do you ;)

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    lol, R...J. I seriously doubt it would help.

However, the plan of working my way back from an event in the story that I've been planning for a while now seems to be working. I've written a little over two posts since I started that, and I think I'll only have about five posts in between. I should be ready to post more before Wednesday.

Of course, it would have been helpful to the speed of posting more if I hadn't had a concert last night and if I hadn't spent all of today with my friends...

:D

6. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey, everyone! Good news!

I've fallen back into the groove of writing pretty well, so there will probably be more up tonight.

The bad news is that I need to consult luney on a plot point, so she needs to IM me as soon as she reads this...

Anyway, I'll see you all again later tonight!
    Mel

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Scenes of ticker-tape parade on screen.

Voice-over: Across the country, nay, the globe, the peasants were rejoicing to see that Melyanna had posted! After a bloody battle with the evil forces of the Writer's Bloc, she came out triumphant with more story to show for it! The highest king and the lowliest peon joined in the resulting celebrations as equals, as the world was once again blessed with Melyanna's rapier-like wit, rapid-fire vocabulary, charming original characters, fascinating plot details-

Man #1: So show us the story already!

Movie stops as Man #1 stands up in front of the screen.

Woman #1: Yeah! Give us the post!

Man #2: We want to see Jaina in a towel again!

Child: That was two stories ago, Dad.

Woman #2: Dear, I thought you weren't going to be reading those scenes anymore.

Voiceover guy steps out from behind the curtain.

Voiceover guy: People, Melyanna said you have to watch this before you can read the next post. Now you've made me lose my place, so I'm going to have to start over again! "Across the country, nay, the globe, the peasants were-"

Child #2: Hey, this is like The Wizard of Oz! The man with the scary voice came out from behind the curtain!

Voiceover guy: I am NOT like the guy from The Wizard of Oz! Do you see a dog anywhere around here?

Dog barks.

Voiceover guy: Where are the ushers? There aren't supposed to be any animals in this theater!

Usher #1: That was your son, sir.

Voiceover guy: What's my son doing here? He's supposed to be with the babysitter.

Usher #2: The babysitter is here too, sir.

Voiceover guy: That's it, Rosalyn! You're fired!

Rosalyn: That's what you said last time, jerk. No one else is even willing to take care of your little brat.

Voiceover guy: No, this is the last straw, young lady! This time my wife isn't going to con me into calling you again!

Gasps in audience.

Voiceover guy: Oh, get over it, people! I make more money for one of these gigs than half of you make in a year!

Child #3: Daddy, can we see the post now?

Voiceover guy: NO. I'm not letting you ungrateful, unrefined people see this post until you listen to this whole thing! Now, I'm starting over-

Audience mobs the man, takes the fresh post from his hands and rips it to shreds in an attempt to read it.

Okay, that's enough of that silliness. Here's the new post!

-------

"Okay, we're in the city. What do we do now?"

Anakin had been asking those kinds of questions during the entire trip to Theed. Julie had gotten so sick of it that she really wanted to push him off the back end of the speeder. The only thing stopping her was the knowledge that if she hurt him that badly, she'd be able to feel it with the Force. She sighed. "We're heading toward the palace, Anakin."

Apparently something in her tone told him to drop the subject. The only sound she heard as they sped toward the palace was the sound of the engine. Not too far from the palace walls, she swerved to the right and headed away. From behind her she heard Anakin ask, "Julie, do you mind telling me why we're going away from the palace now?"

"Anakin, they'll never let us into the palace at the front gate. We're going to get in through a tunnel entrance down this way," she called over her shoulder.

"How do you know about it?"

"I spent twelve years of my life behind those walls, Anakin," she replied. "I learned how to sneak out into the hills."

"What?" he asked. Julie could sense more than hear his confusion.

"I'm a serious candidate for the throne in the next election, whenever that may be," she replied. "Technically anyone can run in the election, but no one outside the Naberrie line has been elected in about three centuries, and there's actually a law that says that a candidate for the throne must have been educated in political science by scholars from the Rusanev, and the only scholars alive now are in the palace. Since I'm the oldest of the Daris line of the Naber

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Arrggh! Double post!

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Very good post! :D

10. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Well I am satisfied, but not appeased! ;) I wonder what Anakin and Julie's plan is... ;)

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You and me both, sister.

Nah, I do have some ideas.

12. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ha, finally caught up. Geesh, you are a madwoman, Mel. I lost count of the number of posts in a week when i hit 10 or so. *shakes head*

Anyways, this is a really good story. I think I'm picking up the hints you are throwing out there..... ;)

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hints? What hints? I wasn't aware of any hints.

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    And it's just nine posts, wompy.

15. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Whatever, I was just guestimating. ;)

16. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Hey Melyanna, new member here delurking to tell you that i really, really like the story, (stories, actually, ive read your others and so far the jaina one was my favorite) but this is shaping up really, really, well.
    Even if you and padawan lunetta keep dropping plot hints, it still looks really good :D
    But anyway, this is great!

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    We haven't dropped any! ;) Sheesh, where DO They get such thing Mely?

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome, JadedOfMara!

I really can't figure out what plot hints you guys are picking up on that haven't been explained yet. Unless it's the really, REALLY obscure one in the post with the ruins.

19. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
  20. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    More!

-------

Anakin had been pondering their course of action for quite some time when he spoke. "Julie, did you hear more than I did about this?"

Sihouetted against the wall by a glowrod, Julie nodded. "My father called me into his study late last night and told me what was going on. He told me that the suspected ringleaders may have penetrated the Royal Guard."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We're going to find a friend of mine in the Royal Guard and get his help."

"How likely is it that we'd find your friend?" Anakin asked, his voice thick with doubt.

She glanced over at him. "Anakin, give me a little credit, at least. I contacted him before I talked to you. He'll be waiting at the end of this tunnel."

Anakin was suitably impressed. "Is he going to be able to help us?"

"Past getting us in, you mean? He'll be able to tell us something about the new people, which ones he thinks are suspect, when the royal family will be most at risk. Though I could tell you that right now," she added.

"When?" he asked.

"They arrive at the palace from their summer home in about eighteen hours. It will be fairly high-profile, because it sparks the beginning of the real political season here. It would be the perfect time to make such a statement as even a botched assassination attempt."

"Do you think it will be botched?"

"Anakin, I've heard about this group. They're a small group, but they're filled with enough hatred toward the political system of Naboo to fill star systems with their animosity. Those people sit out there on their island and fester. Occasionally they refuse to send representatives to the House of Delegates. What scares the government is that they have access to so much technology, and every male on that island is trained to use weapons from the time he's big enough to carry one. They have the perfect setup, and they could have been planning this for years. It's frightening, really."

They walked on in silence for a while. Anakin finally had to ask, "Julie, if they've been planning this for so long, how are we going to stop them?"

"The last thing they're going to expect is for two kids to come after them." She smiled suddenly. "No, the last thing they're going to expect is for one of those kids to be a Jedi."

Anakin smiled with her. After all, it was funny, and a bright spot in the overcast sky.

-------

I would seriously like to know what plot hints you're talking about that haven't been resolved. Tell me and you might get another post tonight...

(I love bribery.)

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL at the announcer scene, and still in awe of the last two posts. Great Job!!

22. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    excellant post!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was bored today.....
    so i rearranged that "what do you do with a drunken sailor" song for 4 mallets marimba!!!!! yay!
    What do you do with a drunken sailor?
    What do you do with a drunken sailor?
    What do you do with a drunken sailor earli in the mooooooooooooorning?

23. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    whups double post :(

24. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    And here I thought they were going to use the waterfall entrance. ;)

Good postie. :)

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    a little too obvious there, wompy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.