main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
  2. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    I'm glad you described the way he was dressed because I was getting a scary & humorous picture of Anakin in white tights and wings. ;)

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Happy belated sweet sixteen, Angel! Let's hear it for the class of 2002!

Happy posts but sad. Why can't Bail just fall in love with one of the handmaidens or something? Grr.

I'm glad you got over the Sithly creation of writer's block, AI. This is a very good thing. =)

4. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Great posts, Angel!

I'll cheer for the class of 2002! ('Cuz hopefully I'll graduate from college that year. :p)

5. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    More please!!!!!

6. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    JMMJ: I am tempted, at times, to give Bail some convenient way to be happy. The real Mrs. Right can just appear at the party and they can ride off into the Alderaan sunset together. But I don't want to do the obvious thing here. He's got to get a wife at some point....I really haven't decided what to do with him yet.

If anyone has any suggestions...

7. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Hmm...suggestions for a wife for Bail. Nope. No idea. But I have a suggestion for Anakin's wife. Can you guess it? heheh. I really liked the angel imagery, and of course Obi-Wan's perception of Ani was very haunting.... ;)

8. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Whatever you do, keep going! You're a talented writier!

I love this story!

9. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yes, being Class of 2002 really kicks arse.

It's a palindrome, you see? I like palindromes.

And, of course, I get the most killer graduation present of all...Episode II.

But Class of 2005 gets Episode III, which is just as good.

All right, so I admit it. I have nothing really to say. I just felt like babbling and my own thread is the best place to do it.

10. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    My parents turned 18 the year ANH was released; I turned 17 the year TPM was released. Now *that* is cool.

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    My parents were 24/25 for ANH. Blast, that doesn't fit. I'll be 18 for Ep. II, though, so that works with your list, Vee. :)

12. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Hmm, when should I START BUGGING YOU FOR MORE? ;)

heehee...touché, Angel!

aa :D

13. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay...who is responsible for letting this slip all the way back here? Well, just don't let it happen again!!!

...Oh, yeah.....we need more please! :)

14. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    2002 tisn't bad... but I've got an admitted bias towards the Class of 2001, WOOOOO!! :D

My parents were 22/31-- heck they hadn't even met yet-- when they saw ANH; but I was born the year ROTJ came out and was 17 when TPM came out, and I'll be 19 (the age of a certain Padawan, which realllly ticks off my '05 sis for some reason) when E2 comes out. So I guess that sort of halfway fits.

Anyways, UP, and MORE STORY! :)

15. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Golly, I feel old; my graduating year is in the 1900's. Okay, 1999. but still. heheh. Enough of that. More story!

16. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    I was hoping to have a post (a masquerade post: fun, fun) ready for tonight. But I built a house for Habitat for Humanity yesterday and I've been completely exhausted ever since. So look for some party-going action tomorrow.

17. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Looking forward to your next post!

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    I guess I'm the old fart here! I graduated back in 1993! GASP!

Anyway, good job with the HFH Building, Angel. That takes a lot of work! Looking forward to more story tomorrow!

19. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Nope! Try 1984!

Now I feel old!

20. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    Hey, it's nothing. Time is like an Escher drawing -- we distort the present and recent past into huge proportions, when in reality, everything is happening very fast and at a constant pace. 1984 was a second ago. You are not "old," you just got here before some of us. :)

21. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Thanks, Vee!

OK, Angel, let's get some more story going!

22. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    So here's how it works. I'm giving you the introduction now, the build-up that I always love to do. If you behave yourself and be patient and nice, you'll get the rest of the post later tonight.

I did a fair amount of thinking last night, and have decided that this masquerade will be the last sequence of this story. I think it's going to work well, but we shall see.

Start the countdown folks: Three posts left.

---But don't worry, there is plenty of room for a sequel. ;)

23. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    The hallways leading to the Grand Ballroom were dark and empty. The high curved ceilings and the gray columns were beautiful, Anakin thought, just as everything on Naboo was beautiful. But sometimes, even the most beautiful things seemed so cold and distant, so removed from the form they used to be in. This morning, the palace had been jaw-droppingly gorgeous, standing straight against time and war. Now it was beginning to remind Anakin Skywalker of a vacuous canyon, a place devoid of life and meaning.

Obi-Wan walked next to him, trying to lend Anakin as much support as he could. Anakin appreciated this, but it was only making him feel worse. This fiasco was Anakin's fault, all of it. Anakin had gone after the Queen; Anakin had almost gotten her into a heap of trouble. He hadn't listened to reason and he hadn't listened to himself. He had failed.

Obi-Wan was trying to distract him from this fact, trying to distract himself from it. Over the past few minutes, Obi-Wan had invoked a few old masters, laughed at a few of his own nervous jokes, and had patted Anakin's shoulder sympathetically. He was probably doing the right thing, but his heart wasn't in it. Obi-Wan was trying to project an image of himself to his student, an image that said that Obi-Wan could help, Obi-Wan was not afraid. But Obi-Wan was afraid, and Anakin wished that he would just come out and say so.

A low hum floated down the empty hall, sprinkled with baritone laughs and high feminine shrieks. They were approaching the party.

Obi-Wan stopped Anakin for a moment, his face tight, obviously wishing to drive something home in Anakin's head before they entered the ballroom.

"Don't worry," he said. "Whatever happens, should happen. There isn't any other way."

His advice sunk into the space behind Anakin's eyes, sunk down into nothingness, ignored and alone.

The hum continued, not really growing any louder. Not until the two Jedi turned a corner. Then the noise hit them like a tidal wave, numbing their senses and driving away any apprehension.

Anakin shut his eyes, preparing himself.

A glassy bubble floated above his head, a violet fluid tumbling along its surface in delicate waves.

Anakin opened his eyes and gaped at the thousands of bubbles flying overhead, sheltering the shining heads of the masked guests. Countless sights and sounds hit him all at once, rendering any type of sensible observation useless.

Odd, it actually reminded him of meditation.

The bubble above Anakin's head dissolved, emitting a low musical note before fading into nothingness.

He was ready.

24. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay--- you CANNOT leave off at this point! You MUST post again soon. Will Padme announce to all her true feelings for our young Jedi? I can't wait!!! Hurry please! :)

25. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Ooooo...you are truly sithly! But, I always knew that! Hahaha...yeah. Well, anyway!

I am behaving...for the most part!

PLEASE POST SOON!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.