main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Anakin spotted Bail Organa on the other side of the ballroom. He was speaking with one of Padme's advisors, flashing his pearly-white teeth and slapping his companion on the back.

Anakin didn't resent him, really. Bail seemed to be a friendly person and he certainly was an excellent politician.

Did he deserve Padme?

Anakin hopped from one foot to the other, his wings following him uncertainly.

No one deserved Padme. She was too good. Too good. Steady and strong, standing alone on the ruins of a Gungan Temple, revealing her true nature -- that was Padme.

Bail noticed the two Jedi and waved them over. Obi-Wan turned to his apprentice, the expression on his face almost pleading. For a moment, Anakin thought his master was going to ask for his student's permission to talk to Bail.

Instead, Obi-Wan whispered, "Are you coming?"

"No," Anakin said. "I'm just going to stand right here." He planted his feet on the marble floor and stood very still, watching the party. Obi-Wan looked at him for a moment and Anakin didn't even have to read his thoughts to know he was worrying about the same things that he had been pondering outside their guest chambers.

"I'm just going to stand right here, Master." Anakin repeated. "Go away."

Obi-Wan nodded and let his student be.

The party was in full swing now. Translucent curtains of bubbles wafted over the dance floor, obscuring the guests, but somehow magnifying them as well. They were dressed to the nines. Women wore huge creations that made them look more like huge mountains of expensive cloth than like anything else. Men wore strange headpieces and colorful masks, their puffy sleeves (a Nubian tradition) ballooning out, ready to explode. Alien species wore even more alien costumes.

On an elevated platform, three Killocks, their fine hair done up in fascinating vertical golden ringlets, played melodic tunes that they had written for the occasion on sets of ochre jacari flutes. The multi-colored bubbles spewed forth from the instruments, popping on cue and creating fantastic music, which the guests obviously appreciated.

The entire room was teeming with exotic visions -- with frills and tassles and masks and jacari flutes and headdresses and enormous jewels and lots and lots of bubbles -- so many visions that Anakin thought he might just pass out on the floor from sensory overload.

But he didn't pass out.

The blurry menagerie of sights and sound, the smeared mess of color and fabric, resolved itself into one white beacon of hope.

Anakin's eyes went very wide. His wings bobbed up and down for a moment, not quite sure what to do with themselves.

She was at the top of a stairwell, looking down at the proceedings. Her entrance had probably been announced somehow, but Anakin's head had been spinning too quickly to catch it.

Among the glitter and the ruffles, she shone.

He had never seen anything like it before. Never.

But Padme Naberrie, Queen Amidala, stood at the top of the stairwell, and she shone. A part of Anakin's mind, a part that wasn't completely paralyzed, scanned her, recorded every detail of her clothes, the beads, the loose dark hair, the...the wings extending from her shoulder blades, waving a friendly greeting to him.

Anakin looked terribly stricken.

A thin strand of light hair fell in his face. He didn't try to get rid of it.

Her eyes flitted over the party, flipping and diving about the room like one of the many musical bubbles. Then those eyes -- so absolutely perfect -- found a place in the ballroom to rest on.

She looked at Anakin, her pale, more than a bit terrified expression mirroring his own. She kept her eyes on him, her gaze refusing to be diluted by mounds of silk, expensive hats, or by waves of liquidy bubbles.

She looked at him.

And he could do nothing but look back.

The party stopped as the guests noticed her. And noticed him. Without any organization, without a signal, the partygoers stopped dancing and started edging towards the walls. A channel app

2. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    OH MY GOSH! I think I'm swooning right now! How romantic... I can just imagine being in that room with them. Keep going!

3. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    OH my lord heaven above!
    Wonderful!

4. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    WOW!

WOW!

That was truly amazing!!

WOW!

5. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    After a few days without a computer, I visit this site and am greeted with such a wonderful post! This was so...WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! So romantic, so sweet, so...WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that entire scene where Anakin spots Amidala and they lock eyes, and how the guest move away, making a path for the queen to Anakin, that was sooooooo.........WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, gotta leave now. I can't use my cousin's computer so long.

6. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

...words are trying to come out...but they...can't..

OH MY WORD!!! That was THE BEST thing I have ever read! That scene alone was a mixture of sight, sound, feeling, EVERYTHING!!!

Truly amazing..

There was nothing cloudy about THAT symbol of high romance! :D

aa :D

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I must continue being repetitive.

--------------------------------------------------

WOW!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Really, there's no other way to describe that scene. It was like the two angels finally found each other, in exactly the right setting - - their heaven.

Smeg, girl, you are GOOD!

8. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Yes, yes, yes!!!! that was so right! I am very happy right now. It doesn't take much to make me happy, of course, but this REALLY makes me happy. :D :D :D see my big smiles? heehee. Yipee!

9. Amianna

Amianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2000

Hi Angel of Iego!

This is a really romantic story! Please keep us romantic fools happy and post!!! :)

10. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Youza!

What a phenom post!

[shiver]How romantic![/shiver]

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Posting tomorrow. Would post today, but I just read the Hayden interview in the SW Insider and started hyperventilating. Ahem. That and I have some Chemistry I really need to do. So romantic chemistry goes on hold for the time being.

Thank you, aa, A_F, a-p, january, JMMJ, Teebones, and Amianna! Comments are very appreciated by this egotistical brat.

12. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, forgot to thank val. Thank you, val! Ok, perfectionist is leaving the building...

13. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    I just smacked myself in the face -- with 270 hours of AP Lit within the last year and your signature straight from a Keats poem, I never caught on that the title of this thread is from one of my very favorite poems, "When I Have Fears That I May Cease to Be," a wonderful poem for any writer.

I highly recommend that frequent visitors to this thread read the poem:

http://www.bartleby.com/126/52.html

14. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Yes...cool poem!! I had poetry...oh, about 10 years ago..and forgot all about this!!! D'oh!

15. Nomi_ Sunrider

Nomi_ Sunrider Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2000
    AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww That was so cute. I must read more soon. :)
    ~Callie

16. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

UP

so Angel remembers to post, let's not let this leave page 1 !!!! heh heh heh

17. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    I agree. Up!!!

This is my favorite Ani/Ami fic on this board! It's so well written! Especially that last post. *sigh*

18. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    I was wondering when someone would pick up on the title. Yes, it's Keats, and it is a fantastic poem (thanks for the link, Vee -- everyone here must hop on over and take a look).

My original plan had been to have a Keats quote before every segment of the fic, but now that seems a bit too pretentious to me. That and I'm just too lazy to look for a suitable quote for every post.

I have the foundations of an update here on my laptop, but I haven't really had any time to go over it and fine tune some things. I've been extremely cruel to you guys lately -- what with my burning-out scare and my generally tardy posting. I apologize; please forgive me. And I will post tomorrow, I swear.

19. DancingQueenAmidala

DancingQueenAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2000
    Hey, after driving 15 hours back home from visiting colleges for the last week these last couple of posts have been the best welcome home present i've had! Keep it up i don't care how late they are as long as they continue to be so incredibly good...=)

oh and i have one more thing to add that i didn't get to reply to... Class of 2001 is the best.. =)

20. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Here here, DQA! :) (Colleges... yikes... I'm *so* behind in that department...)

I like the poem... I imagine I'll probably be seeing plenty of it in my own AP Lit class this year though, ugh... the ONLY class where the teacher assigns us summer homework, BEFORE any of us have attended our first day in that class! *rolls eyes* But it's still quite a lovely piece of writing.

Oh, that last post was perfect. You're killing me here with the suspense, Angel, I need to see how this turns out! :)

21. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey, I'm with you there, Alderaan21 -- my AP lit class had a whole list of books we had to read before the year even started. And then when it did start -- major homework time! boy, am I glad I'm done with that. ;) After that class, college seems easy. heehee. But I honestly loved that class, odd as it may seem, and I gained a much greater appreciation of poetry.

Getting back on topic, then, I very much enjoyed the poem and appreciated your use of it in the title, Angel of Iego. I didn't recognize it, of course; I appreciate poetry more but I certainly am not as familiar with it as I should be, being a English major and all. and I seem to have gotten way off topic again. Anyway, I'm REALLY anxious for the next post! :)

22. Queen Amidala

Queen Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 1999
    I here you DancingQueenAmidala. I've spent the last week out east driving around visiting colleges. I had a bad case fanfiction withdrawl. Let's here it for the class of 2001! 2001 rocks the house! On other note I love this story! I'm a sucker for Ani/Ami romance stories.

Queen Amidala waves her hand:

*You will post more*

23. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    *whimpers* You're scaring me, Cindé. ;)

Yes again! Long live the Class of 2001!! Long live Ani/Ami fics! :)

(I should be out looking at colleges too, but then, I've been fulfilling my duties as Queen of Procrastination too well... and Angel of Iego is fulfilling her duties as Mistress of Cliffhangers *far* too well, hint hint... ;))

24. DancingQueenAmidala

DancingQueenAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2000
    Queen Amidala you're lucky that your parents let you look at colleges out east... mine seem to have an irrational fear of big cities. They won't even let me go to chicago with a bunch of friends if someones parents aren't driving which puts a damper on major shopping sprees =)

Oh and A21 I think I can give you a run for your money as Queen of procrastination. I haven't even returned my soccer uniform to the school from last spring... :)

And I guess I should write something about the actual topic here... Take as long as you want with the next post I'll be patient...
    *starts biting her nails and tapping a pencil on her desk*

25. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Please Angel of Iego!!! I must have that last post! I will up all of my favorites today, then I won't be back until Christmas vacation. :( :( :( I am starting in the 9th grade in a week or two and I have 12 hour-a-day band camp before that. I certainly will miss all these wonderful stories. And I must have that last post before I leave! Bye!

Uppers!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.