main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Oh that last post was EXCELLENT! I'm melting! I'm such a sucker for sap and mush. (especially when it involves Ani+Ami) Thank god Ami came to her senses and chose to be with Ani! Can't wait to see what Bail does! Keep up the good work!

2. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Fantastic AOI! :D

Great additions over the past few days.

You have to feel for poor Bail. What a shock to have your fiancee toss you over at a party. ;)

3. DancingQueenAmidala

DancingQueenAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2000
    hmm... what is this doing on page... i don't know what page this is but it is far far down... so UP!!

4. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I agree!

We need a post!

5. DancingQueenAmidala

Jul 20, 2000
    maybe if we ask nicely... please please please can we have a post... i'll go but cookies at the store (trust me i can't bake)...
    please post?

6. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I love it, I love it, I love it! Another post from heaven...Sigh.

::JMMJ goes to join all the other puddles on the floor::

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Well I CAN bake...so here are some special Wookiee Cookies, Angel. Please post for us! I'll even throw in some Qui-Gon Jinnger snaps!!! Heehee!

aa :D

8. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    *munches happily* Mmmm....yummy cookies, aa.

I haven't had much computer time of late, so my "Ami Breaks Bail's Heart" post is sort of, well, not pretty. I think I should have more time tomorrow, so (hopefully) I'll come through for you guys then.

Meanwhile, I think I seriously have to mop this floor. So many puddles of melted people on it. Thanks guys.

9. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Lol... sorry about the mess, AoI. Didn't mean to start a trend with the melting... even though it is a (however weird) form of flattery. ;)

Good luck on the Bail post! Whatever you come up with I'm positive will be well-received by this melting-tendencied crowd. :)

10. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    You know, I do like that form of flattery. Imagine if you went to a concert or something, and instead of clapping you get melted people...sounds delectable. =)

Wookie cookies? I saw that cookbook in the SW section once when I was getting my books...my brother and I had quite a few laugh attacks as we looked through it. It's funnier than the comics! (okay, so cooking is not one of best-developed talents. So sue me. [face_rofl]

I'm waiting for this promised post...I hope Ami doesn't kill Bail's ego *too* much - - I've never had anything against the guy. At least he knows when it's time to quit. =P

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Floor's mopped. You are all solidified, I hope. And I have a scene to post. =)

Once again I clock in more than twenty four hours after I planned to post. I can't apologize enough, but you all seem even-tempered enough to forgive me (right?)

But we're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel -- one post and then this story is done.

Padme made her way across the ballroom, ignoring the stares from other couples heading out for the next dance. She knew where Bail was; out on the dance floor, even though she had tried to be blind to everything but Anakin, she had nonetheless been forever aware of Bail's every heartsick grimace. Padme had made great pains to stop herself from feeling miserable, but as she neared Bail Organa, her guilt climbed up her throat and formed a sour lump behind her tongue.

Obi-Wan was making a grand effort to engage the prince, telling him a long tale about a series of bizarre adventures Obi-Wan and Anakin had had on Malastare. Bail was watching the dancing disconsolately, but as Padme approached his gaze shifted to her. She was surprised by the fact that his face was not easy to read. His expression was completely blank - Bail's eyes were bright, but his strong, thin lips were pressed together hard, the tension quite visible in his jaws. She thought he might be trying to mask a very intense rage, but Padme really couldn't be sure.

Obi-Wan broke away from his story when he noticed Bail was no longer listening, stopping midsentence. He focused his blue eyes on the Queen, making him the last person in the room who hadn't already done so.

Padme stopped in front of Bail, her slender arms falling straight at her sides. Her wings spread out behind her, shining and thin. One dark strand of hair cut across her flushed cheek, swaying with every breath.

"I'm sorry," Padme said, her voice quivering slightly. The impenetrable shield that had been guarding her throughout the party had dissolved.

Bail nodded. "Crazy world."

"I know."

Bail shifted and looked past Padme, out into the room. She turned, though she already knew what he was looking at.

Anakin was standing in the corner she had left him in, leaning against a column and meeting Bail's stare, his eyes large and round.

"Crazy kid."

Padme smiled mildly, the blush beginning to filter out of her face. "I know."

"You shall be happy then?" Bail asked.

"I hope so."

"Then I approve. My greatest wish has been for your happiness, my dear."

They both smiled and Padme embraced him, her arms curving gracefully around Bail's square shoulders.

"And galactic peace." Bail said. "Your happiness and galactic peace."

"You're halfway there," Padme said, her voice muffled by his collarbone.

"Excellent. But if Skywalker breaks your heart, I shall be after him with a hovercannon."

Padme let go of him and laughed.

"Oh, Bail, thank you. I'm so very sorry."

"Don't be, Padme. If we were married and you were miserable, I would feel far worse."

She nodded. "You're a good man."

"And you're a good woman. And I'm sure Skywalker-"

"Anakin."

"-Anakin is a very good man as well." Bail winked and flashed her his brightest, whitest grin. He had recovered enough to seem like his old self. "And Obi-Wan here is an excellent man. Better than any of us." Bail turned towards the Jedi Knight, his eyes twinkling. "You should hear his joke about the Jedi Council, my dear girl. It's the funniest thing you will ever hear."

Obi-Wan smiled. "It is not very funny at all, Padme. Bail is just easily amused."

Bail chortled merrily.

Padme felt a mound of laughter welling up in her chest. Things weren't bad at all.

Obi-Wan tried his very best to rain on her parade. "No one here seems to be too kindly disposed towards your actions tonight, your Highness."

"I've noticed, Obi-Wan."

"Their reaction is nothing compared to what the Jedi Council-"

Bail giggled.

"-will do when they hear of this."

Padme nodded, feeling very much li

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Oooo I bet he is, that sithly slimball! Awesome as ever, Angel! You handled what could have been very messy, in such a clean way. Bail was hurt, but he saw the bigger picture. Although, I sense he might be needing that hovercannon in a few years.... ;D

13. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Aaahh, more wonderful posts!

14. DancingQueenAmidala

Jul 20, 2000
    Great Post! Is now the appropriate time to start bugging for a sequel??... or maybe even a prequel (i'm not sure how that would work but i'm sure it'd be sweet)

15. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    A prequel? Nah, there really isn't that much to say.

A sequel, however, is definitely being played around with on my laptop as we speak. I'm leaving things pretty open with this fic, as you shall see.

I probably won't get to posting it until after school starts and things calm down a little here. But keep on the lookout and keep bothering me, or else I'll probably never do it. I need some direction. ;)

16. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Shameless. Absolutely shameless.

17. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Awww.. what a nice guy that Bail is, and what a slimo that Palpatine is. Okay, Angel, what next?

18. Queen Amidala

Queen Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 1999
    Oh, dear, Bail better buy himself a nice hovercannon. Aim it straight at that scheming
    Palapatine.

19. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

:screams: PAGE 9!!?? No, I don't think so!!! Keep this up at the top....!

where *are* you angel?

20. DancingQueenAmidala

Jul 20, 2000
    UP!
    i need to enjoy my last week of summer vacation so i hope you post! then we can have the sequel and then the sequel to the sequel and so on... =)

21. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    What is this? I come to peek in and NONE of the A/A stories I read are anywhere near the top?!

Must remedy this problem, yes...

Angel of Iego, you need to post. Soon. Please...but not too soon, because when you post, that means the story's over! =(

Sigh...the promise of a sequel is a good one, though. Otherwise, I'll just be heartbroken.

So where's that cannon? Bail needs to point it at Palpsy, indeed he does.

22. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    This is utterly too far down!
    Up!

23. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Still waiting for the next post... :)

24. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    This is really great!
    Please post soon!!!

25. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yikes! Page 9!!! Oh, I'm sorry all.

Been trying to end this fic with a bang (a creepy bang...hehe...) and have been doing pretty well on that front. Post is looking good, but I'm getting all nostalgic about this here thread so I think I shall be sitting on my last little effort for one more day.

But you shall get THE FINAL POST tomorrow! You shall, you shall, you shall!!!

And you shall get a sequel some time in the not-so-distant future. Thank you for your patience.

Btw, did I mention the next post shall be very creepy? ...hehe... Time for sadism, it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.