main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Writing this on a laptop? Gah, I sympathize with you completely. Congratulations on getting further than I ever did trying to write a fanfic on one of those. Have fun in Ireland...

LOL! Cute Obi post! I can understand how our future Sith Lord could be something of a headache-inducer...

2. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Love this story! Keep up the good work. I really liked the scene you just did with Obi-Wan.

3. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    hehe. love the new post! more soon, please? :)

4. Rabe02

Rabe02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 1999
    *attempting the snuggly-bunny mind trick*

More? Please, Angel? Pleeeeeeeease?
    *snif, snif*

cool.gif

5. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    UP!!!!!!!!

6. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    post tomorrow. time limit in internet cafe. ireland is nice. must go. thank you for nice compliments.

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Just bringing this to the top so I can
    bug the author about letting me link to
    this story on my website...

So, angel, can I? Huh? Huh?

aa
    ps: site is not up yet, almost, but not yet

8. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, Angel (not me...you), I'd be happy to let you link my fic to your site. Give me the address once its up. Greetings all, from the lovely county of Ireland. Land of awful weather and expensive Internet access (which means I'd better make this short). My laptop has mellowed from the change in climate and this Internet café is my savior. Despite my whinings, I actually do enjoy writing on laptops. I can lounge about, typing away on the kitchen floor, where I truly do get inspired. I'll fork over another three pounds and post more in a couple days. Bye now!

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and shifted his position on the floor. Anakin was standing in the doorway to the guestroom, rolling up the sleeves of his cloak to his elbows and then unrolling them again.

"Why do you always fidget?"

Anakin stopped abruptly, his sleeves still rolled.

"Sorry."

"I didn't ask you to stop; I asked you why you do it."

Anakin frowned. "I do it... because...I don't know why I fidget. Bad habit, I guess."

Anakin paused, waiting for his master to say something philosophic about the meaning of fidgeting. Obi-Wan would have taken him up on it, but the pains in his head were getting sharper, preventing him from truly thinking straight.

Obi-Wan shut his eyes again. "Where have you been?" he mumbled.

Anakin flicked his hair out of his eyes for the thirtieth time that day and stepped further into the room, throwing Obi-Wan a slightly confused glance.

"What?"

"I saw you slip away from the party hours ago. What have you been doing?"

"Thinking, mostly."

"Oh? That's a new one for you, Anakin."

Anakin pouted, locking his large eyes on the gray rivoc-tesh carpeting. "You're
    angry with me."

"I am annoyed with you. What you did today to me and to Bail Organa was
    inexcusable," Obi-Wan said as he massaged his right temple. "If you plan to ever become a
    Jedi Knight - and I know you do - you must learn self-control. You have to be able accept your surroundings, no matter how loathsome they really are. And don't forget..."

Anakin plopped down on the floor next to Obi-Wan, listening to the lecture with only half an ear. He had heard this very same speech before, but he was prepared to hear it again. Anakin Skywalker was a good listener.

He had become a very good listener because of the bizarre amounts of practice he'd had with the renowned art of lecture absorbing. He suspected that there was a sign hanging from the back of his tunic that was printed in basic, black letters saying- LECTURE ME. Only Jedi Masters (and Obi-Wan, who was a Jedi Master in Anakin's eyes) could see it. Whenever anyone susceptible to the sign spotted Anakin doing anything even mildly wrong, a moralistic tirade -- stuffed with incomprehensible, philosophical sayings from all the greats -- would spew forth from the afflicted Master's mouth.

Anakin had heard every lecture a Padawan could possibly hear. He had heard Master Mundi's "Your Focus Determines Your Reality" speech a total of seven times. He had sat through Master Windu's interminable "A Positive Attitude Guarantees Success" talk three times. Master Koon's "Respect Your Elders and Behave Yourself For Goodness' Sake" speech had been dispensed to Anakin a dozen times at least. He had even managed to memorize Yaddle's "A Lust For Adventure Will Get You Into A Lot of Trouble" speech. Every now and then he would let it loose on some of the younger apprentices in the Temple and watch them squirm. He had been forced to listen to Master Yoda's "Fear Leads To
    Anger/Hatred/Suffering" lecture so many times that the speech itself had been renamed by the other aspiring Jedi in the Order. Now it was just "The Anakin Lecture."

"...and after that harrowing day, Padawan Behovadesh never complained about his
    missions ever again. Anakin, do you understand the point I am trying to make?"

"Yes, Master. I realize my mistake and I shall do my best to try to adhere to your teachings in the future."

Obi-Wan moaned and flopped over backwards, sp

9. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    LOL! Great post!

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Angel (you) Thanks! This is really good.
    Much like the way I would think Anakin
    and Obi-Wan would act. Very good
    characterizations...MORE?

aa

11. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hehe. Very fun. I like it.

12. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    *Real big grin* Ani and his speeches----LOL I LOVED it!!!!! and the roughousing!!

13. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Loved that last post-LOL!! with all the hair pulling and roughhousing.
    Keep up the good work. Looking foward to the next post!

14. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    The azure monitors in the Palace Surveillance Office sparkled in the midday sunlight. The equipment packed into the small cubicle whirred comfortingly as it continuously displayed images of all the large ballrooms, side hallways, throne rooms, meeting facilities, and sleeping quarters in Theed Palace. Using these surveillance monitors, an addition to the Royal Security Force purchased with the profits of a particularly abundant jukon-fruit harvest three years before, the ?fastest eyes on Naboo? were able to move with more speed than ever.

The esteemed Captain of the Queen?s guard was seated in front of a small black-and-white screen, his dark eyes narrowed. Panaka was forever on the watch, completely ageless, and now, with one hardened hand gripping the monitor and the other resting gently on the hilt of his blaster, the Captain resembled a velvety panther prepared to strike at any moment. Even the two Jedi standing behind him felt rather humbled by Panaka?s presence.

?About twenty minutes ago,? Captain Panaka said, ?an intruder was spotted sneaking down a residential corridor in the West Wing.? He removed his hand from his blaster for a brief moment and motioned towards a different screen. ?Over there.?

Obi-Wan moved towards the monitor, immediately disappointed. The hallway was uninhabited and identical to just about every other corridor in the palace. It was not a restricted area. There were no hidden safes (none that Obi-Wan knew about, that is); there was no real reason for a mischief-maker to be sneaking around dark walkways in the West Wing of Theed Palace.

Obi-Wan made light of this slight disappointment to Panaka and immediately received a correction from the Captain. ?Nothing to be stolen maybe, but Her Majesty?s quarters, as well as many of the guests? rooms reserved for the celebration this week, are not far from here. Our unwelcome guest, Jedi Kenobi, could do plenty of damage if he continues in the direction he was heading twenty minutes ago.?

?You think he?s an assassin?? Anakin asked, the anticipation in his voice clearly evident.

Panaka turned and smirked at the young apprentice. ?That?s why I called for you. You?ve been ordered to protect Prince Organa, correct??

?Yes.?

?Well, if this intruder does turn out to have malevolent intentions, you may get a chance to show me your stuff, Anakin.?

Anakin smiled distractedly, his eyes scanning monitor after monitor for any sign of trouble. Despite his padawan?s watchfulness, Obi-Wan saw the dark-robed figure first. A hooded cloak obscured the figure?s face as it slipped out of the shadows on a large screen behind Anakin.

Panaka followed Obi-Wan?s stare and stiffened. ?The Queen?s quarters,? he whispered.

Anakin turned sharply and accidentally kicked a rather expensive-looking piece of equipment that began blinking at him angrily. ?The Queen!? he yelped.

The figure glanced from side to side, presumably to make sure that there was no one around to stop him. Then he slipped through the door leading to the Queen?s chamber.

No one in the Security Office saw the grainy image of a young woman standing on the other side of the door, holding out her hand to greet the intruder. The Naboo Security Force, with the addition of a headache-plagued Jedi Knight and his limping apprentice, were already sprinting through a courtyard, heading for the West Wing of Theed Palace.

15. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    Up up up! I love Ani-Ami-ness! Great job!

16. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    me too! me too! please, we need more story!!!

17. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
  18. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Ack!! I need more good Ami/Ani!! And just who is this intruder? Hmmm?

19. val solo

val solo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Hi! This story is quite enjoyable... so much so that I finally registered after a month or so of lurking around this place.

Please do continue----SOON!

20. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    [Skysong & Isabel are giggling]

Teeheehee...This is fun! Darth Papercut and Ani roughhousing. Master-Padawan abuse! Anakin's Lecture! Ani-Ami romance. Ooooh! I love it!

Totally cool eppy II spec fic, Angel -- hmmm, mental note: you two angels (Anakin's Angel too) write totally excellent stories.

More soon, please? With chocolate syrup and cherries and a nekkid Ani (or Obi) on top?

21. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    More! More!! Don't leave us hanging! Loving it!

22. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Anybody named Angel just has much more taste, talent, and beauty than any of those "non-angel" weirdos. Anakin's Angel agrees with me on this.

No, no, this isn't a post. Instead this is just a chance to welcome myself back to the States. Welcome back, Angel! Oh, well, thank you, thank you. Nice to be back. I'll post more later today. So glad you're all having fun with the hair-pulling.

Oh, and welcome to our land of insanity, Val and Skysong (and Isabel, too ) Bye now!

[This message has been edited by Angel of Iego (edited 06-23-2000).]

23. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    "Governor Narcon told you I was busy."

The figure in the dark blue cloak shifted under the Nubian Queen's stare. "I know, my dear. But I have to see you."

"No, you don't." Padme looked at the floor of her chamber and blew a stray hair away from her face. "You shall have your chance to see more of me than anyone could possibly handle. Until then-"

"Padme, darling-"

"Until then, I'd rather not see you."

The figure leaned in, the cloth folds of his hood brushing her shoulder. "Don't be afraid of what is to come, Padme. Our future shall be wonderful."

"Then continue waiting patiently for the wonderful future and stop bothering me in the present."

He leaned in further, letting velvet cloth that obscured his face hide hers as well. "Oh, Padme! I love-"

The chamber door opened with a mechanical whoosh and in mere seconds a dozen people filed into the Queen's bedroom.

Anakin, despite his injured foot, was the first person inside. "Padme!" he cried, lightsaber in hand.

Obi-Wan Kenobi followed his padawan over the threshold. "Your Highness?" he called.

Captain Panaka entered after the two Jedi, along with half of his Security Force, blasters pointed at the intruder. "You!" the Captain said, pointing at the figure in blue. "Hands up now! Don't move!"

The cloaked man took a step away from Padme and crossed his arms haughtily. Bail Organa, Prince of Alderaan, removed his hood. "What is the meaning of this?!"

Anakin looked at Bail, looked at Padme, and then flicked a sandy-colored strand of hair out his eyes.

Obi-Wan blushed.

Panaka stared at the Aldraanian prince stonily.

Padme began to giggle. When she finally realized this wasn't appropriately aristocratic etiquette, she bit the edge of her right palm and continued to giggle.

Bail did not appreciate the humor of the situation. He immediately placed blame for this embarrassment on his two bodyguards. "Kenobi," he said, "I know that it is your duty to protect me. I can even understand why you and your sulky apprentice feel it necessary to follow me around. But to burst in on me with an army while I'm talking to my fiancée is completely uncalled for."

Anakin looked at Padme. "Fiancée?" he said, trying to absorb the truth that that word represented.

Looking at Anakin's dumbstruck expression dispelled Padme's bout of laughter. "Oh, Ani," she said, but could think of nothing else to add.

"Yes, fiancée. We exchanged rings a month ago." Bail said. "Why are you making that face, Anakin? Were you trying to steal her away from me?"

Anakin ignored him. Or, to be more precise, Anakin did not even hear the prince to begin with. "Fiancée?" he repeated.

Everything suddenly fell into place for Obi-Wan. He turned to Anakin. "You're in love with Queen Amidala?"

"Anakin!" Bail exclaimed, shocked more by Obi-Wan's lack of discretion than by the actual situation.

"Ani?" Padme asked. Once again, she could think of nothing else to say.

"OBI-WAN!!!" Anakin looked as if he was fully prepared to go for his Master's neck at any moment. Everyone in the room (including nine well-trained security officers) was looking at him with large, surprised eyes, as if they were looking at a horrendous speeder bike accident. This is much worse than any speeder bike accident, Anakin thought. Now he was going to die. He was really going to die. What would Obi-Wan do if his apprentice suddenly collapsed like a rag doll? More importantly, what would Padme do if he were to drop dead at this very moment?

Padme finally managed to regain her composure. "Obi-Wan," she said, "I'm sure you're mistaken. Anakin is a serious student who wouldn't be foolish enough to allow anything to distract him from his work." She looked at Anakin, her dark eyes begging him to pull himself together and confirm her story.

"In love with Queen Amidala?" Anakin asked, never moving his gaze from her eyes. "Ha! That's a good one, Obi-Wan!"

Padme frowned. Anakin couldn't lie to save his life.

"I have to go," Anakin said.

He left.

24. Angel Lover

Angel Lover Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2000
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Angel Of Iego, you are so cruel to him!! No wonder he goes bad!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.