main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    CRUEL! Are you calling me cruel?

<gasps> I am shocked and appalled.

Don't worry, things will all work out for our guy in the end...oh, he goes to the Dark Side and and ends up in a walking iron lung...he he he...I guess things won't really be working out for him after all.

Now I'm depressed. I am cruel. Poor Ani. Where's my butcher knife?

2. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    I'm sorry, Iego---but you ARE!! His Master saying that in front of EVERYONE--it is a new degree of torture: I have thoroughly explored Corran-torture and Obi-torture and Qui-torture, now you bring us ANI-Torture!!!!

3. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, God. I hope I don't turn into the mistress of Ani-torture... But you're right, RogueJai. Next post will be nicer to him, I swear. I'll send him off to Fiji with Padme and some chocolate syrup (whipped cream, too).

4. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Good. He deserves chocolate.

5. Angel Lover

Angel Lover Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2000
    HE ALSO DESERVES TH WHIP CREAM TOO!!!!!!!!!

6. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Naah---I HATE whipped cream (except for the kind that's really hard. I hate Marshmallows too, so he deserves a yummy Cherry).

7. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Hard whipped cream? Never heard that one before. I'm a marshmallow fan myself -- I love anything gooey (except for peanut butter, which I'm allergic to) -- so I guess I'm an advocate of the syrup, the whipped cream, the marshmallows, AND the cherries. All this talk of desserts is making me hungry. I should be actually WRITING, shouldn't I?

8. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    of COURSE you should be writing. What I call "hard" whipped cream is like the stuff they use on pies at Marie Calendars.

9. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    [Skysong and Isabel are wailing]

AAAAAAUUUUGH!! Oh, Angel, how could you be so cruel?!!! Okay, okay, I know it's all part of the plot and all. Forgive me. I can't stand Ani abuse (and I can't stand Luke abuse either). Isabel is now planning to assasinate Obi-Wan (those of you guys watching us on the [ahem] other thread would get this ) -- how could that smegging Jedi twerp DO THAT?!!!

AUGH!

But you'll be nice to poor Ani in your next post, right, Angel? I really, really love this story. So more soon, please, with chocolate syrup, cherries and a nekkid Ani on top!! (And whatever else you'd like on your sundae -- it's yours, after all )

10. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Captain Panaka had apologized to the Queen for his intrusion and had retreated back to his surveillance chamber, taking the Royal Security officers with him. Obi-Wan would have left with them, but he was afraid that Anakin would be roaming the palace halls. The Jedi Knight was not too eager to come across his apprentice after the scene that had just played out in Queen Amidala's bedroom.

Padme looked at the floor as Bail recounted the most humorous parts of the last hour to her. The prince had not been amused by the embarrassing situation at the time, but now he seemed to find every second of his account to be side-splittingly funny. As he tried to describe the exact red hue of Anakin Skywalker's face after Obi-Wan declared that his padawan was in love with Padme, Bail sniggered so hard that the Queen thought he was choking.

Bail did not help his case with Padme as he switched from making fun of Anakin to acute jealousy.

"You don't appear to be as amused as I am, Padme."

"You shouldn't be laughing at him, Bail. He's just a kid."

"You're taking his side?"

Padme sighed violently and furrowed her brow, making her entire face appear to collapse into itself.

"You are!" Bail said, raising his voice to a squeak. "You were trying to save him before and now you're defending him again. Is Anakin really my RIVAL, Padme?"

"No!" Padme cried, suddenly furious. "No, he's not! Anakin is my friend, Bail. I knew him when he was a child. I couldn't -- I can't let him be hurt like that."

Obi-Wan, disturbed from his guilt by the royals' sharp tones, heard Padme's testament of loyalty with more than a little awe. She stood up for Anakin when Obi-Wan could not even begin to try. How long had she known him? Probably about an hour if one didn't count the week they had spent together ten tears ago. After an hour, Queen Amidala was more of a friend to Anakin than Obi-Wan had been in ten years' time.

Obi-Wan knew he wasn't much of a teacher. He was experienced and extremely well trained, but he felt completely incapable of imparting all he knew into the mind of someone else. He had been promoted to his current position far too quickly and with little thought, so little thought that during the first few months of time spent with the boy, he hadn't really even thought of himself as any kind of authority figure at all. He had acted like Anakin's buddy, his big brother, the guy who laughed with him (and at him) but never really made any effort to improve him. When Obi-Wan had finally understood how he was meant to behave with his padawan, Anakin had become so used to Friend Obi-Wan that he couldn't accept Teacher Obi-Wan. Their bond was tenuous, forever frayed by violent winds. While Obi-Wan never had doubts about Anakin's potential, the knight was afraid that the only reason Anakin was an excellent apprentice was because of his natural gifts, his brilliance. Obi-Wan's lousy schooling made little difference to his padawan.

Now their friendship -- Friend Obi-Wan who had gotten in the way in the first place -- appeared to be disintegrating as well. Obi-Wan had inadvertently hurt Anakin. After warning his student about the danger of losing one's self-control, Obi-Wan had forgotten himself and had said the stupidest, most awful thing possible. And now he couldn't even summon up enough control to go out and confront Anakin again. But if this girl could do it&

"I'm going after him."

The queen and the prince looked at the Jedi simultaneously.

Obi-Wan looked at Padme, associating her with Anakin and therefore feeling some bizarre need to throw apologies her way. "What I said&about Anakin and you&that was awful of me. I have to find him; I have to talk to him."

She stepped forward, a determined look in her eyes.

"It's not your fault, Obi-Wan," she said. "This is my mess. I shall fix it. I'll talk to Ani."

Bail watched on with mild disapproval.

Obi-Wan mulled over this for a moment. Anakin would respond better to the Queen, he thought. Maybe he would re

11. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Eight whole hours... hmmm... a lot can happen in eight hours.... ^_^

"But you'll be nice to poor Ani in your next post, right, Angel? I really, really love this story. So more soon, please, with chocolate syrup, cherries and a nekkid Ani on top!!"

She'd better be nice to Ani, Skysong... otherwise you know what will happen. ;) Umm, as to the sundae... I'll leave the latter part for Ami, it's probably better suited for her. ;) Having my sundae ruined with some person (even if it's Ani) taking up room that could be better used for chocolate syrup I guess is one aspect where I deviate from my online twin. ;) Perhaps Angel doesn't have such qualms about finding strange people in her ice cream, though....

*Sits with her bottle of chocolate syrup, draining into her mouth, waiting for next story post...*

12. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    "Waiter! There's a Jedi in my sundae!"

You're quite right, A21, that is a bit odd. If Ami were writing this story (and I assure you, she's not) she would appreciate finding her husband lounging in her ice cream. But I guess I don't. :) (no smilies...sniff)

13. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Loving the story!
    hating the new message boards :( -- but loving the new story! ;) I miss smilies! But anyway, keep up the good work!

14. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    I luuuuuvvv this story! Bail more like a rich snob!<snicker> :)Up!!!!!!!

15. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    'Course, he's not her husband yet at this current time... who knows how she might react now. ;) Ami (or Skysong) is perfectly welcome to him, but I personally eat my ice cream *alone*. :D Man, we have one A/A story with strippers, now we have one with Jedi sundaes... what is this forum coming to? ;)

I miss the smilies too, dang it. :-( I miss it that you can't post piccies anymore either.

*shudders* Careful of that spelling of 'luuv', Pikachu... it's a spelling remarkably similar to one I've seen used in conjunction with an infamous T-word fanfic... *shudders again*

I need to watch TPM now. TTFN. :)

16. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    And now for something completely different. We've lately been talking about strippers (though more on Prelude than here), Ani-torture (and how, against my will, I have become its new endorser), and ice cream (or, to be more precise, men in ice cream). So I decided to mellow myself (and Ani) out with this post. Hope ya like. Oh, and A21...I adore your signature.

The small pink stone skipped across the water, its speckled belly skating across the surface of the canal, propelling it towards the other side. The sun beat down on it, making the stone look less like a piece of rock and more like a bird, flying over the silver river. It was beautiful.

But then something happened. The stone lost momentum. It stopped flying and started bouncing, scattering shards of glassy water as it fumbled and fumbled. Finally it fell, gray foam swallowing its glittering body.

Anakin Skywalker stood very still, his head lowered as if he was mourning the passing of the poor lost rock. He bent down on one knee and fingered another stone. This one was much uglier, tan where the other had been pink, rough where the first had been smooth. Still, he liked it. He slid the stone away from the pebble-strewn ground and into his palm. He stood up and swung his arm back and forth, testing the weight of the stone, estimating the amount of spin he would have to give it to skip.

Then he reeled back, throwing his weight from one leg to the other. He brought his right arm forward and, with a flick of his wrist, sent the stone flying across the canal, leaving a tiny, perfect trail of foam in its wake.

Obi-Wan had taught him this. Anakin was not sure how his master had picked it up, but he hoped that Obi-Wan had learned it from Qui-Gon. He could imagine the Jedi Master standing here, taller than Obi-Wan, even taller than Anakin. Qui-Gon chose a grass-colored pebble, leaned forward, and launched it out over the canal. To Anakin's surprise, it skipped all the way across and hopped out of the water on the other side, ready to take the journey again.

Wow.

Qui-Gon waved to his green rock on the other side of the canal. Then he disappeared.

Anakin's tan stone also disappeared, sinking into oblivion about thirty meters out. Anakin lowered his head, once again mourning the passing of a loved one. Except this time the loved one was not a stone.

17. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Upsy-Daisies

18. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Hey! Love the updates. :)

I miss the smilies too, but they do take up bandwidth.

Thanks for posting your lastest pieces Angel.

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

'Tis me! The stripper-friendly aa!! Heehee!
    Hmmm, Obi and Ani in ice-cream?! Yeah, all we
    need is one of those lifesize champagne glasses
    that all the AHEM classy hotels use for newlyweds!
    Heh heh.

Angel, thanks for the support. We angels get
    divine inspiration, what can we say? Cool post,
    I loved the part with Qui-Gon. Keep writing,
    we must put an end to Anakin's misery!

ps: i also HATE Bail !!!
    aa :D

20. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Whoa, whoa! Don't start hating Bail! If there's anything the evil LT has taught us, it's definitely that you don't hate the third member of the triangle. Those anti-Anakin psychopaths always disturbed me more than those who just wanted to see the Queen and Obi-Wan together. So don't hate Bail. He's just misunderstood. This is very incoherent. I'm going to bed. Nightie.

21. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I'm really enjoying this story so far. Keep it up! :)

And I completely agree with you, Angel, about hating the other person in the triangle. One of the big reasons I'm against the Devil's LT is that I'm a big Obi fan, and it would make it far too easy for too many people to to hate/resent Obi-Wan for not getting his own darn woman. I believe, however, that the anti-Anakin sentiment will stick around no matter what -- some people just can't see him as anything but evil, and can't do anything but hate him. (BTW, Angel, have you been to my website?)

22. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    Eeeeeekkkk! I can't believe I spelled 'love 'like that. I think it's because, after you put " Luv ya" at the end of each messege you put in a Graduating Yearbook, it becomes a habit.(And I signed atleast 80 yearbooks.)

All this talk of 'Jedi Sundaes" is making me really hungry.( I'm a sugar-addict);-)

So..to the top!

23. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    ami-padme: No, I haven't seen your site, but I'd really love to. What's the address?

I guess your right. The anti-Anakin sentiment will always be around because people will always look at him and see Darth Vader. These people though, I think, will never be able to fully appreciate the saga. The duality of the main character has always been what attracted me to the story -- not the special effects or the space ships -- in other words, it's Anakin/Vader who I'm really a fan of. Anti-Ani people, it seems to me, are really going to miss out on the tragedy of the next two episodes if they always view Anakin as being either an annoying, whiny brat or a Sith Lord. In this fic, it's the characterization of Anakin that I'm really interested in (and the love story, of course). I haven't really even scratched the surface of Ani's hyper-complex mind (though the most recent post nailed the personality I wanted for him).

I'm trying to concoct something for tonight, but I'm going to see The Perfect Storm now, and I fear I may be too traumatized to get any of my own ideas down. We shall see.

24. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Great piece. :) You don't see a lot of fics with Anakin's POV on Qui-Gon's death.

Totally agree on the hate thing-- and I don't hate Bail anyway; so far there *isn't* a triangle with him and he *is* Leia's stepfather, and Amidala wouldn't have left her daughter with a jerk. I don't dislike Obi-Wan (but I probably would if there was a triangle), I mean he's okay and I know he's a very important character... I just get sick of hearing about him like he's God, and other characters (Ani) are poodoo.

"The anti-Anakin sentiment will always be around because people will always look at him and see Darth Vader. These people though, I think, will never be able to fully appreciate the saga."

I agree with this. People can't see past the end result, Vader, not the good Ani: they see that 'well, he ends up bad, so he's already a jerk anyway.' The movies are his story, and if you only focus on one aspect of it at the cost of everything else (re: Obi-Wan), you're missing out on a lot of what GL intended in the first place... and guilty of something the character you dislike most, Anakin, is extremely guilty of himself: bad tunnel vision. :) But that's their prerogative.

I've just always preferred Anakin/Vader (I like the love story too :)); like Angel I love the duality of the character. I love a character that's capable of showing such an amazing range of emotions, it's more realistic and appealing to me. I just don't want to see a triangle just because some people hate Ani, or prefer Obi. I don't question people wanting the triangle, I question them wanting it for reasons like hatred of another character; hate never spawned anything good. (And it's not like Amidala's knowingly going to marry someone who's an @sshole, so we *know* he's not always a bad guy anyway.)

Anyways, up, and more story! :)

25. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Do the profiles work here? Do links? I'm still figuring stuff out. At any rate, my site's address is at:
    http://www.anakinskywalker1.homestead.com/home.html

It has fics (not too many yet), fan art, essays, and a discussion board. I think it's right up your alley. :) I agree with everything you and A21 have said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.