main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Ooo! I really liked your latest post, Angel of Iego. And I agree with what everyone's been saying about love triangles and stuff -- I, for one, have always loved Anakin (well, really liked him a lot) and grew frustrated when people had no sympathy for him. It seems like the main motivation behind the love triangle is the love-Obi-Wan (which I do, don't get me wrongo!) hate-Anakin thing. I like both characters! I like all the characters! mostly. ;) Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. :) Keep up the good work.

2. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    i love this story. can't wait for more :-D

3. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    The update: I'm not feeling well. The Perfect Storm gave me a headache that I haven't been able to shake. To add to all the madness, the next post is Ani/Ami interaction, which I tend to obsess about far too much. So don't expect a new installment of Cloudy Symbols tonight, unless I finally lose the headache and my idiotic bouts of literary pickiness. I'm glad everyone is having fun. I have to take more Tylenol now.

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hope you feel better, Angel of Iego!

I saw "The Perfect Storm" yesterday, too. It's a good movie, except it gives you a feeling of being cold and wet. :) Also, that weather guy was reminding me of Palps.

--------------------------------------------------

Everything is going according to my plan...

--------------------------------------------------

:D

5. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Your right, JMMJ, the meteorologist was kinda Palpateeny (hey, a new word!). I can see him watching SW events on his computer screen, pointing to it and telling his secretary:

"See these three here? Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan. If things go as I've planned, they're gonna collide, explode, and there's going to be one big mamma of a storm."

Well, the fic is going ok, the headache is gone for the most part, so I'm going to post a very small bit of what I've been working on. There is more, but it isn't fit to post yet. So this is kind of abrupt, but...I have to stop these disclaimers...I'm getting way too verbose.

Padme stood by the corner of the boathouse, tracing the edges of brick with the tips of her fingernails. Ahead of her, Anakin was skipping stones across the canal. As she had neared the dock, Padme?s intentions had been to approach him and apologize for everything that had happened. But now, as she observed him from the side of the boathouse, she realized that she had lost her nerve.

Padme, like most people in the Republic, had never really thought about the lives of the Jedi. During her rigorous schooling, Padme had been taught very little about them. She knew the basics, of course, plus she had some background in the science, the Order?s history, and a few tidbits of Jedi philosophy from a ledger she had once read. These lessons, small as they had been, actually made her more knowledgeable than most.

She had always been interested in the Force, but she had assumed that it was something that anyone could study to understand, like biology or architecture. But now, as she watched Anakin Skywalker, Padme realized that his world was not an intellectual one. As the young man focused his eyes on his skipping pebbles, Anakin suddenly seemed to disconnect himself from reality -- Padme?s reality -- and appeared to have withdrawn to some other place, some secret corridor hidden deep within himself. He was fascinating, Padme thought. The world that he had been introduced to over the last decade was not an intellectual one at all; it was a world of mysticism, a world, Padme suspected, that would always be just out of her reach.

Now she couldn?t confront him because she felt too unworthy to interrupt his strange, spiritual trance. Maybe she should just stand here and watch Anakin, forgetting about the apology she was supposed to be delivering and the celebration she was supposed to be hosting.

?Padme??

Anakin turned away from the canal, his large eyes boring into her. The afternoon sun reflected off his hair, making Anakin appear to have a ring of golden light outlining his face. His appearance reinforced the Padme?s previous train of thought, and suddenly she became very nervous.

?Oh...hi,? she said.

He smiled at her. ?Hello. What are you doing here??

Padme gathered herself up and walked up to the edge of the dock, stopping next him. ?Looking for you,? she said.

His eyes widened for a moment, growing even larger than their normal size. Then he stooped and picked up a stone, beginning his skipping ritual again.

6. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Arghh!!! Why do all my posts come out looking so strange??? And how come I never notice it until it's too late to edit out!!!???? I'm too much of a perfectionist -- I know -- but this is really killing me! Look at the bloody quotation marks for God's sake!!! Why on earth are they question marks!!!??? Oh, boy...I think I'm turning to the Dark Side...

7. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    I, too, have been much troubled by posting and discovering that it looks very, very strange. And the edit thing is quite annoying. But your post looks fine and...I love it! ;) I just love Ani-Ami stories.

8. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Thanks, Cinde. I feel better now.

9. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Hmmm...now I'm looking at the previous post with my laptop and it looks fine. No wonder I didn't notice anything before. I think I may be just going a bit cuckoo. Well...I'll post tomorrow...to the top!!!

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    Simply wonderful, Angel dear! Amidala's observance of the Force and Anakin was beautiful!

Divine Inspiration, I tell ya! ;)

aa :D

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Bad little fic...I found you on page nine. Now you stay up there until I finish my post, y'hear?

12. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    ohhh lovely new post! of course it ended ~pout~ and now i must begin the waiting game all over again ~dramatic sigh~
    keep up the spiffy work :)

13. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Happy Independence Day Eve! I'm going to see some fireworks now! Yay! But before I go, I entreat you to enjoy some romantic fireworks of your own. Yay!

"Well, you've succeeded," Anakin said, leaning back and scanning the river.

"What?" Padme asked, jumping slightly as another stone went skittering across the water.

"You've found me. How'd you manage that?"

"Obi-Wan thought you'd be at the docks."

Anakin frowned. "Obi-Wan told you I was here?"

Padme nodded.

Anakin raised his eyebrows until they were obscured by his hair. Then he lowered them again. "I'm not sure whether to be happy or upset."

"Why should you be upset?"

Anakin picked up another stone. "Because Obi-Wan knew where I was. Either I'm getting too predictable or he's been stalking me again."

Padme laughed, her eyes sparkling more beautifully than the silver water.

Anakin skipped his stone and smiled. "You ask me why I'm upset, but you're not interested in why I'm happy."

"I know why you're happy, Ani."

His stone fell into the water, with a musical plop. He turned and looked at her, his eyes taking her in. He smiled again. "Yeah, I think you do."

She smiled back at him.

"Of course," Anakin said, dropping down among the pebbles into a sitting position, "after Obi-Wan's little outburst back there, everyone does."

Padme crouched down in front of him, scanning his face, trying to decide how to phrase her next statement. "Ani, Obi-Wan didn't mean-"

"I don't care." Anakin turned his face away from her. "Obi-Wan is always so..." He struggled, searching for the worst words he could find. "Obi-Wan is always so Obi-Wan." He frowned.

Padme sat down next to him, trying her best to ignore the small stones that immediately dug into her legs. She sighed.

Anakin continued. "He's stubborn and annoying...and always right. What he said - it was completely accurate."

Padme shifted. "Ani-"

"He's right. I love you. I do. Always have, always will."

Padme had tried to restrain herself, she had since the moment Obi-Wan had made his infamous pronouncement. But now she felt herself losing control. "How? Really, I don't understand how you could possibly lo-" she found herself unable to say the words, so she started over. "You don't even know me."

"Yes, I do. I know you. When you claimed you were just a trivial little handmaiden, I saw through it. I saw something in you that no one else saw."

"You thought I was an imaginary creature from a backwater world."

"Angels aren't imaginary!"

"Have you ever seen an angel?"

"No, but that's not the point." He leaned forward earnestly. "The point is that I-"

Padme put her hand over his mouth. "You are a Jedi. I am a queen. I am engaged. Do you understand?"

His large blue eyes peered over her hand, searching her face for something she knew was not displayed there.

"Do you understand?"

He blinked.

"Oh, you are so impossible!" She removed her hand. "I don't understand how Obi-Wan deals with you."

Anakin stared into the water, his hair falling over his face. He didn't bother to flick it off.

Padme yanked on the cord of her cloak unhappily.

"Do you want to go boating?"

She turned. Anakin was still looking at the canal with unfocused eyes.

"Do you want to go boating?" he repeated. "With me?"

Padme felt like she was in a dream, a dream where things kept flying at her and she kept dodging them.

"Alright," she said. "Let's go."

14. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Wow...you just nailed that!!

CLAP...I command ALL of you to clap until your
    hands fall bloody off!

SIGH...it makes my dialogue look wipmy in comparison. I swear Angel, if I didn't like you
    so much...I'd have to hate you! ;D

Keep writing, dear....you're doing a wonderful job!

15. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow. Now *that* was better than any fireworks we'll see on the 4th. :)

Ani and Ami and so cute together!! :squeals:

16. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    OOOOO!!!!!!! Heheh. I enjoyed that. <stares at the screen with a big goofy grin> Heehee.

I am really missing the smilies. Anyway, that was marvelous, and I am extremely eager for more. But don't feel pressured! Rushed work is seldom quality. Take your time. ;) Boy, I can't wait for Episode II!!!!

17. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Wow, guys. I'm really floored. Thanks so much for the compliments. AA, I like you, too, and I like your dialogue (Bant "drinks like a fish"...he, he, he...) Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful (huh, why'd I write that? Oh, never mind...)

And ya know what? I didn't get any fireworks! I didn't end up going! I'm so sad... But the asterisks kinda look like fireworks:

See? I'm not missing anything!!! Thanks again, guys. I love y'all.

18. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Oh, I'm so jealous! That dialogue, that interaction, was utterly perfect! (Though I did half-expect Ani to answer 'yes' to the did he ever see an angel question.) I can't wait to see where things go from here, this is so well-done... when A/A stuff is good, it's *good.* :)

19. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

This story is considered fireworks, so let's keep it UP UP UP!!!

20. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    Hi, I'm new to this message board. I usually post at nightly.net, but when I read this story at the Moons of Iego site, I just had to read the rest. I love this. It's so sweet. Ani better get the girl. *slaps her head* Obviously he does, or will. Can't wait to read the rest. Please, post more soon.

21. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    *sheepish* I suppose I had better update the story then, shouldn't I? Angel's been so good at updating, and I haven't been getting the new installments up on Moons as quickly as I should... Oy, I've been a bad webmistress. ;) (Though not *too* bad, hopefully... I'm actually quite proud of Moons of Iego) Though you didn't intend it, Januaryrain, thanks for reminding me. :)

Welcome to the board, btw. :) What handle did you use at nightly? I post there occasionally.

Of course Ani gets the girl. Otherwise, Angel of Iego might have a mob riot on her hands. *G*

22. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    Hey Alderaan...um, sorry. I forgot the rest. I love the Moons of Iego site. That's your's? It's one of my favs. I go there from time to time. I use Jed-eye Tapangela at nightly.net. It's too long so I decided to change my name. I posted a fic at your site, but never emailed the rest to you. So sorry. I'm kinda having some problems with my stories now, but I'll make sure to email the rest to ya.

23. Jedi_Gal

Jedi_Gal Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2000
    Hi everyone! I'm new here... and i luv ani/ami stories!!!!!!! Great story Angel! I luv it!!!!! I especially liked the boating bit cuz it's sort of like pacey and joey's. I luv it!!!!! anyways, luv the story (did i say that already?) keep going! =P

24. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Hi Jed-eye! Good to see you here! When you say that you're emailing A21 the rest of your story, does that mean you might be continuing "Our Story" after all? Just wondering. :)

25. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    jAnUaRyRaIn (interesting name): I loved "Our Story!" You'd better finish it, or I refuse to finish mine (that or I just won't let Ani get the girl). <evil giggle> Welcome to the boards, by the way.

A21: I didn't realize you had started archiving this on Moons of Iego. I just wanted to thank you; the exposure seems to be working well, seeing as we're attracting new people. Cheers!

I'll try to have a post by late afternoon. Hope everybody had a nice and productive holiday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.