main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloudy Symbols of High Romance (Ani/Ami)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel of Iego, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Hey, looking forward to the update.

I just adore the pace you're proceeding at. Nice and steady. :)

I visit nightly.net on occasion too. But find that most of their fanfic posts aren't fanfic at all.

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    TOP TOP TOP TOP

aa :D

3. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    :)
    (I don't have anything intelligent to say; I just love this story.)

Oh, Alderaan21 -- Moons of Iego is your site? I love that site!! ;)

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Umm yeah, Angel, I asked to archive this as soon as you started writing it. :) Do you think you could email me the story? I've tried archiving it off the forum but the stupid new 'word count' cuts off a lot of your story posts in the middle somewhere. :-(

Tapangela? I kinda figured from the mix of caps and small letters in your name that it might be you. :) It's been a while since I posted at nightly (Queen Naberrie), but I do remember you. Glad you like Moons-- and that you plan on finishing 'Our Story'-- I really like it. When you put up that notice on fanfiction.net about your fics, I thought that story had been abandoned; I'm relieved to see it isn't. Look forward to seeing it! :) And welcome to the board.

Pacey and Joey? *shudders* Dawson's Creek gives me the bejeepers, no offense... but welcome, Jedi Gal! Always great to see another Ani/Ami fan around here. :)

I get what you say about the fanfic board there, Alpha-- that's why I spend a lot of time on this board. :) On the other hand, if it weren't for the nightly.net fanfic board, I might never have found Mandate of Tyranny, a story I adore.

Whether january finishes the story or not, Angel, that doesn't excuse you from Ani getting the girl... ;)

Thanks for the compliment on the site, Cindé! :)

5. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    Oh, um...I might continue. Let's just see if I have time.

6. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey, everybody, since we're all big Ani/Ami fans here, I was wondering what you would think of a kind of Ani/Ami thread, where you can post short little things on the tragic couple. It would be the chance for anyone to just write random short stuff, like poetry and short stories/dialoges, etc. I'm suggesting this because I have a lot of little stuff I've written (I'm completely obssessed about it, if you hadn't noticed) and I'd like a place to post it and let others post their stuff.

Angel of Iego, I guess I'm using your thread to advertise, which is very cheap, but I knew everyone here would probably be pretty into Ani/Ami. So...I'll make up for it by complimenting your story again. ;) I love it! And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

7. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Just upping the post....

I, too, love talking about Ani/Ami, so whatever
    you guys come up with...I'll be sure to join.

8. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Miscellaneous Ani/Ami ramblings sounds good to me! I have a couple things locked away in the nether-regions of my laptop. I suppose I could air them out. Don't worry, I don't mind the advertising at all.

Glad to have you, Jedi_Gal. Even if you are a Dawson fan. I think you got me a bit paranoid, though. Does this fic really remind people of Dawson's Creek?

Anything else that needs to be said? Hmm... guess not. Enjoy the post (please?)

The boathouse was a sturdy wooden structure that had recently been restored from its previously dilapidated state. Despite the shiny metal boatlocks and the newly polished beams holding the roof, the whole thing still looked ancient. Boats of all shapes and size bobbed on the darkened water, creating an odd hum that sounded like the entire boathouse was breathing.

Padme gave Anakin the grand tour, explaining how the interior had been reconstructed and how the unpleasant smell of dead fish had been removed. Anakin concentrated hard and decided he could still smell something awful, but he had enough tact not to mention this to Padme.

She paused by a dark red rowboat, built for two, and shrugged jovially. "This is it," Padme said. "There's only one set of oars so I guess we can just take-"

She turned around and realized that her sailing companion was missing.

"-turns," Padme finished. She retraced her steps along the boatlocks. "Ani?"

There was a pause just long enough to convince her that Anakin had probably fallen in.

Then she heard a soft little noise and she knew exactly what had happened.

"Whoa..." Anakin whispered, completely in awe.

He was kneeling on the other side of the boathouse, bowing to a shiny little number that was pretty much all engine. It looked like a gleaming water-logged rocket with a small seat stuck on top.

"The Hydro-Logarithm 1650," Anakin said, practically drooling. "Model TXG, refined from the THG. 34 kk engine, turbo spinners, power steering." He grinned at Padme. "Cushioned seats."

Padme looked at the tiny perch on top of the engine and frowned. "Cushioned seat," she said, then changed her mind. "Cushioned stool."

Anakin's response was to hop on board and start her up. Th engine grumbled for an instant and then started roaring amiably. Anakin grabbed the rudder and looked at the queen expectantly.

She just stared at him.

He cleared his throat.

"We can't both fit on that. Come on, Ani. You know we can't fit."

He scooted forward an inch. "There's plenty of room. Hop on."

She bit her lip and shook her head.

"Padme, please? I'll - I'll let you drive."

"I wouldn't drive that thing if you paid me."

He sucked in his cheeks and looked at her with big eyes.

"Stop making that face at me!" Padme said. "I'm not going. I'm not."

He batted his eyelashes.

Padme burst into laughter. "You look like an idiot."

He grinned. He knew he had won.

She deactivated the boatlock and took a step towards the Hydro-Logarithm. "If I fall off and drown, it's your fault."

"I can live with that." Anakin grabbed her hand, and in a moment, they were both squeezed onto the seat.

He compressed the accelerator, and they jetted out the boathouse arch, cutting a silver arc across the canal.

"If you don't hold on to something," Anakin yelled over the engine, "you *will* fall off and drown."

She took a breath and grabbed the sides of his arms. "We're going to die."

Anakin laughed and squeezed the throttle. The little boat/engine took such a sharp turn that Padme could have sworn that the surface of the water skimmed her cheek.

She screamed. "We're going to die! Ani, we're really going to die!"

"I'd rather go like this than any other way!" He put on the steam and the humungous engine sang.

"You want to drown in a Nubian canal?"

"No, I want to die in the sunlight, going at a high speed."

"You're crazy!"

He rounded the corner of a marble palace, turning sharply and soaking them both. Padme leane

9. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    "She screamed. "We're going to die! Ani, we're really going to die!" "

hahaha! LOL :D

God I've been on a motorcycle ride with a guy saying the same damned thing. That's hilarious!

*Wonderful* addition AI!

Thank you! :)

10. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Great addition, and a great story!

11. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Wow, truly wonderful. The interaction, the chemistry....the HILARITY of it all...SIGH!!

Angel, you kick arse!

The REAL Anakin's Angel

Why do i suddenly feel like saying
    "Will the real Anakin's Angel Please stand up,
    please stand up..."

12. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    "We're going to die!" LOL. That's funny! Keep on writing. I loved this. Kinda short, but enough to satisfy me. I can't wait to read the rest.

13. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    "What's a duck?" --Luke Skywalker

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Anyway, I love it. To tell the truth, I can't imagine much of this actually happening in Episode II, since they'll be too busy fighting Boba Fett & Sidious & all those boring characters to do anything interesting like ride boats. But that's what fanfic is for...to write mushy romances that would never happen in a STAR WARS movie. Just kidding. It's great.

14. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    "What's a duck?" --Luke Skywalker

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Anyway, I love it. To tell the truth, I can't imagine much of this actually happening in Episode II, since they'll be too busy fighting Boba Fett & Sidious & all those boring characters to do anything interesting like ride boats. But that's what fanfic is for...to write mushy romances that would never happen in a STAR WARS movie. ;) Just kidding. It's great.

And why is this not posting? "Only one post per minute," it says. But it didn't post! <sigh> trying again. <grumbling angrily> stupid poodu

15. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey!! Hey!! Smelly poodu of the sith pits of kessel...Wow, I better watch my language. ;)
    <Subtly waving hand> "you will ignore the double posts...you will ignore the double posts"

Sorry, I've been having -- difficulties -- posting, if you haven't noticed.

16. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    That was such a fun post! Very realistic, too.(All my favorite authors are posting today! Yippee!)

Cinde, I think the server's in a bad mood today. It's logged me off ~ count 'em ~ *nine* times today! Yeeck!

Alpha, you know a guy named Ani? =)

Okey, I think this might double post. Sorry if it does!

17. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    o i love the update! more more how did she drive! :-D

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

UP UP UP..let the Queen take the wheel!

19. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Know a guy named Ani? :D LOL

I wish!

I think they must have been moving things around on the server. It was down for a bit (1:00pm CDST) and then seemed to have to build each page and thread again.

That logging off thing is annoying. Haven't had trouble at home. But it plays games at work.

20. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Yes, let Ami drive! Show a man how it's done. *G*

Actually, my sister had a substitute teacher this year named Anakin. Some of the students kept calling him Mr. Skywalker (which wasn't his name, of course), and he wasn't terribly pleased with that after a while. :) I was jealous of my sis for a while-- why couldn't *my* class be the one that got him as a substitute? ;) Shoot, she even got to watch TPM twice in school this year, during French class, of all places! I miss middle school sometimes....

Anyways, more story! :)

21. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    I've had my fair share of weird substitute teachers, but this... Were his parents big time Star Wars fans, or did they just happen to like the name? What I would do to have Anakin for my substitue teacher...he, he...

I know someone named Annie, but since she's a girl that doesn't really count, does it?

Posting later today.

22. Amianna

Amianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2000

Hi there, Angel of Iego! I just wanted to say
    that I enjoy this story. Your a good writer!

23. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Thanks, Amianna! Welcome!

Oh, and Cinde: You're right. There's no way in hell that this is like what Ep. II will actually be. My rationale for the boats and parties is that this is a rather peaceful, boringly prosperous time in Republic history (though not for long). It's the calm before the storm, so to speak.

In any other case, Padme would have protested. She would have told Anakin the truth, that despite the bountiful amounts of training she had received in a rainbow of different subjects, she really had no aptitude for piloting pieces of metal. She would have told him to drive back to the docks and let her off. She would have reminded him that they were both far too young to die.

But two things prevented Padme from rejecting Anakin's offer. The first was that it wasn't an offer at all; Anakin had meant it as a statement (something along the lines of "I'm Anakin, you're Padme, and you're driving, hon."). The second reason was that after all of the day's absurd events, Padme felt like she was the only person on the planet that was even remotely sane. Therefore she felt compelled to do something absolutely crazy.

"Is this how you steer?" Padme asked, gesturing at the rudder as the two passengers switched seats.

"Uh-huh," Anakin said, taking his place behind the queen. "And you press the accelerator -- down there, that's right -- to make you go faster."

"Oh, really? The accelerator makes you go faster?"

"Don't be smart with me, young lady. I know I'm not a very good teacher."

Padme pushed the pedal to the metal, giggling nervously as the engine kicked in. "That's because you're usually the one getting taught."

"Exactly." Anakin leaned over her shoulder to observe his student. "You're not doing so bad."

"What a lovely compliment."

They were following the canal through the residential district of Theed. Modest salmon-colored houses whisked past them, a few curious citizens leaning out the round windows to see who was riding such a noisy vehicle in the middle of the day.

Padme gently adjusted the rudder, enjoying watching the canal curve gracefully around the edges of the Hydro-Logarithm. The clear water quickly hypnotized her. Silver splashes of liquid appeared to be playing with her, responding to her every move and lapping up the sides to moisten Padme's slippers just when she least expected it. She started humming a popular Alderaanian love song to herself.

Anakin, slightly annoyed by the love song, interrupted her reverie. "You steer like a woman."

"In case you haven't noticed, I *am* a woman." She changed course and started trailing a renegade duck.

"I've noticed."

The duck turned it green head to glare at the approaching boat. It pumped its webbed feet and began to swim in a tight circle in order to avoid Padme. Instead of continuing on her merry way, Padme decided to up the insanity factor and continue to stalk the unfortunate bird. She tugged a bit harder on the rudder and continued to tail the little beast.

"Are you trying to kill that duck?" Anakin, it seemed, became overly critical if he wasn't in the drivers' seat.

"Yes," Padme said, irritated. "I'm hungry."

She was forced to give up the chase, however, when the duck came to its senses and remembered it had been born with wings.

Anakin cheered for the duck's escape, shielding his eyes as he watched it fly over the tiled roofs. "Cruelty to animals! Padme, I never knew you had it in you."

"Didn't I explain to you before that you don't know me?" Padme said, feeding the engine more gas. "What about cruelty to humans? Remember who was trying to sink us earlier?"

"I wasn't trying to sink us. I was having fun. Padme, look at those wimpy wide turns you keep making! You're too conservative."

"You're too radical," she shot back.

Anakin made several hoarse sounds to signal he was angry, but Padme suspected he was probably grinning. We've got ourselves a crafty one here, she thought. Sh

24. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    I don't know if they were fans; considering when ROTJ came out, he'd have to be my age (17) to be named after the SW Anakin (and there's no way someone my age would be substitute teaching ;)), and he was in his twenties. So I guess they just liked the name. Can't say I blame them. :)

Teehee... great post! :) And there's still plenty of that eight hour delay for these two crazy kids to get in trouble, hehe...

25. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    My prediction: Ani levitates them?

Wow, is all I can say. Ami going after a duck? hehe...anyway, I can't wait for more.

--Mr. P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.