main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C'mon, Let's Keep a Little Optimism Here - The Gusher's Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Can I just ask, because I never read any of the original leaks, what role was the fabled Oracle supposed to play before it was cut?

2. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I really like Finn was a General too

3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I *think* it had to do with the location of Vader's wayfinder.

Me too. He had a really satisfying story here, and it felt like a true continuation from where he was at the end of TFA (as well as TLJ). I want to see more Finn, especially since we think he may end up on the path of the jedi.

But that brings me to another point...the final battle and the communication/coordination between air support and ground forces was so. much. fun.

AND ANOTHER THING :D For any of those worried about the future of the franchise, there is currently a 3 page (and growing) thread on a SEC college (american) football message board, the week before the national championship game, ranking and discussing the star wars films with a similar passion as takes place here. Our GFFA ain't going anywhere soon, folks.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  4. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    LOL, his “also, thank you! Really appreciate that!” Is so in tune with his character.

5. Noen

Noen Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2019
    Saw it twice; liked it a lot. Quite a lot youngsters in the audience (20-25), which is good for the franchise and made me happy. Also, I picked up some discussions on the way out, and they seemed passionate about it. Hope they stay that way.

Acting was great, especially Kylo, and seeing Palpatine again was just great. Visuals, sounds, etc all high standard JJ style.

Plot, flow, etc ? Well, I remember once hearing something about an empire I didn't know, a mystical Force that seemed to exist (what?), a guy in a black suit calling someone else his master and the latter disappearing when killed (hmm), and a bunch of other strange things that came out of nowhere.

So i say now, what I said then. I'am having fun! Don't need to know your dna layout to have sex with you. The outer layer, will do just fine.

All good, and as with every Star Wars movie, money well spent. Looking forward for the next one.

6. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I did, although with different associations. The Exegol throne reminds me more of the one on Dragonstone (fittingly, IMO, an ancestral home of the Targaryens). Where I got an Iron-Throne vibe was on the Death Star.
    Both throne rooms are in ruin, and were previously occupied by antagonistic rulers.

7. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Isn't the Exegol throne a Ralph McQuarrie design from back in the day?
    [​IMG]

8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Ha ha! I just added that image to my post. Thanks for the back up Ricardo

10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
  11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Agreed. Han is my favorite character (other than Vader) and I really wanted to see him play a role in Kylo's redemption. Love that they talked about 3 Kylo Han mannerisms. Pointing at Hux, shrugging to the KOR and shooting without looking.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  13. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It makes his death in TFA a lot more poignant along with Luke’s mention in TLJ that he will always be with him, just like his father.

14. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    I think that Finn being force sensitive really brings home to me something silently beautiful to what Luke said to Rey in TLJ.

“To say that if the Jedi die the light dies is vanity can you feel that?”

Links to Palpatine “let that be end of the story of rebellion!”

There is that sense that if Rey (and the Ben dying) it’ll be the end of the Jedi and thus Light die...is WRONG and is indeed VANITY. Finn has the Force. The Light SURVIVES!

MJ

15. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    So is the Revenge of the Sith stuff where Anakin turns to dark to save Padme .. I’m confused now. It was a light side power but he didn’t know? Did they explain how Rey knew? They just felt they could? Are we supposed to assume something I missed?
    Yoda told Obi about Qui con and told him he had training to undergo to retain consciousness. There was a clone wars episode where Yoda completes a journey in order to achieve this power. I’d that retconned now?
    I wanted to ask people who liked the movie so I don’t get a “ it was all just vague and not explained” response but I also don’t want a .. well ... a vague or unexplained leap? Can anyone help me understand this.
    Also Obi wan saying as a ghost “ I cannot interfere”. We’ll shoot Obi you dudes CAN appear and interact in the world. What changed? Are there logical answers to these?
    Thanks everyone!

wobbits likes this.
  16. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I really do love that Finn has the Force. It was one thing the leaks didn't even say, so it felt like a nice surprise. I like that Terrio is even saying the fact Finn has it means "anybody can be a hero". I do wish they did more with it, but I hope this means we can get books/comics about him training.

Ricardo Funes and MarcJordan like this.
  17. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    But every single Jedi maybe ever was not from any special lineage before Luke. I found this the weirdest message Rian Johnson went with. I felt the ideology stuff was dumb but I get that he wanted to force feed an agenda but Rey being a nobody is not only not satisfying ( now corrected) it’s nothing new. It’s always that way with Jedi.

wobbits likes this.
  18. reyvision

Dec 12, 2017
    I agree, and it's why I never bought Rey Nobody. But a lot of people did identify with "anybody can be a hero" that Rian Johnson was angling for (even though the PT already says this), so I feel Finn does carry that weight of anybody can be a hero and have the Force.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  19. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Absolutely loved that JJ included a Reylo kiss; there was a time I thought I’d be lucky to get implied Reylo.

20. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    You don’t need to be a Jedi to have the Light. It’s the CHOICE to be a Jedi that makes it a happy ending for the Saga. This is what Rey chooses to be.

MJ

21. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It does seem it was a light side power that involves giving selflessly. Anakin was deceived and sought what he presumed was the quicker and easier path. It’s possible that even Sidious knew also but deceived him. Anakin was consumed by a possessive love. Ben discovered selfless love by his end.

How Rey learned of it is not currently known but she has been studying the ancient jedi texts.

I do think aspects of becoming a force ghost has been retconned into something that can now involve being guided to the light from others. This could be part of why Leia’s physical body remained. She stayed in some kind of spiritual limbo to help guide her son to the light at his end and both bodies disappeared as one as a result. A retcon it might be but one I can live with because there’s a beautiful and spiritual aspect to that which transcends canon for me.

MarcJordan likes this.
  22. reyvision

Dec 12, 2017
    It might not even be a retcon, really. Anakin became a FG in ROTJ and he didn't have any training. I assume Yoda and Obi-Wan helped him become one after he passed away. So in that way, Leia does the same with Ben. But I agree with you, I think it's beautiful Leia's body remained to wait for her son to join her.

MarcJordan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  23. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    The Spiritual aspect you might consider is already in the Mythology of Star Wars. George’s fantasy was influenced by religions. May the Force be with You is actually from “the Lord be with you”. And there is also a response to that “and with your Spirit”

So in essence it is not “you only live once “ but “twice “. Spiritualism vs Materialism. The Sith want to “cheat” death and remain alive to rule. But the Jedi “let go” and the reward is Spiritual life. That is you can actually help in the afterlife as a Jedi spirit , as far as it gives some advice an objective lesson but not going all the way to go the work for you. The latter still depends on the one still alive physically. The choices cannot be made for you. That’s still on you.

Just some thoughts.

MJ

Noen likes this.
  24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I like that ! Now that I think about it, it is probable !

MarcJordan likes this.
  25. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    I really like that Finn is force-sensitive, but then I would have liked that connection to the force to be the reason he was able to break from his Stormtrooper conditioning in TFA. That doesn’t really work well as an explanation when they meet Jannah and the rest of the former Stormtroopers.... unless that whole settlement on Kef Bir end up being force-sensitive. I’d be cool with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.