main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CNN, admit you know nothing about Star Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Anyone who watched Live From Skywalker Ranch yesterday will know that Connie Chung was trying to sound like she was competent with regards to Star Wars, but comments like "Yoda picking up a gun" (like he would ever use a gun?) and the like show that she had no clue what she was talking about. On a similar note, on CNN.com, they have captions such as:

In Episode II, Palpatine is elected Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. It is under his rule that the Republic crumbles and is replaced by the Imperial Empire. Palpatine reappears in Episode IV as the Emperor, plotting with his dark side pupil, Darth Vader, to convert Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the Force.

I could be wrong, but I do believe Palpatine became Chancellor in Episode I. And Imperial Empire? First of all, that is the most redundant thing I've ever heard, and secondly, it's the GALACTIC EMPIRE! Third, Palpatine was never in Episode IV, only mentioned. And fourth, his plan to convert Luke to the Dark Side wasn't until Empire.

In Episode II, when Anakin Skywalker turns to the Dark Side, Obi-Wan Kenobi sent Anakin Skywalker's lover, Padme Amidala, to Organa to hide.

Doesn't Anakin fall in Episode III?

The things some people try to do to look competent...

2. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    If they cant get Star Wars, I wonder about all their others news reports....

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Not everyone has nothing in thier life but to memorize Star Wars. I mean look at all people who you could walk up to and who doesn't know who Luke is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.