main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Well, another weekend and of course nothing new on the shelves or on the pegs! Anyone else have any luck?
    At least the new Insider came today in the mail.

2. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Yea...300 posts!!! Congrats Chewierulz. This thread rulz!!!
    I still haven't found anything new either. Has anyone here in CO found R2/w Holo Leia yet?

3. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Jedicat-so what's in the new Insider?

4. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    Hey chewie rules . mara jada is on the cover and thats all Im going to say . I dont want to ruien it for you.

5. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    MMMMMM.....Mara Jade

6. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    In the Jawa Trader they show some of the figures we have been looking for, such as Sidious hologram, TC-14 and the new Obi-Wan. Of course the question is do they actually have these figures in stock?

7. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Is anyone going the the Denver Collectors Fair on the 29th? We have been advertising it at the TV station I work at...PAX TV. They are going to be doing appraisals there with our show Treasures In Your Home. So, is anyone going to go?

8. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    What's this collector's fair about and when? I'd definitely be interested.

9. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Where's this collectors fair gonna be at? This definately sounds cool. Hey maybe all us CO collectors could meet up there. SW + the Superbowl that same weekend...whho could ask for more?

10. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Yes, we need details! Sounds like a show to check out.
    I am looking through the latest issue of SW Galaxy Collector and in its listing of SW collecting clubs is this:
    Colorado Action Figure Collecting Alliance
    (CAFCA)
    Has anyone heard of this? Would it be a good Colorado SW connection?
    What do you think?

11. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Hey everyone! I got the info. you all want! The show is at the National western Complex, at I-70 and Brighton Blvd. Its January 29th, and admission is $3. I will be there with the KPXC Channel 59 (the staion I work for) film crew! If any of you have seen Treasures in Your Home, the hos, John Burk will be there and we will be doin free appraisals! So bring some cool stuff if you come! If you havent seen the show its on at 6:30 PM on channel 59.....17 on AT&T cable...check your listings! Its a pretty neat show! Well if anoyne wants to meet there let me know! Maybe I can get you on TV!

12. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Wow, looks like I will drag this post off the second page! So, now that you know whee the show is....are you gonna go?!?!?! I thought I would get a few replies! I still have yet to find anything new. Kinda getting depressing! Whos goin to the show?!?!?!?!?!?!

13. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    I'm hoping to go to this collector's show. Are there going to be Star Wars things there?
    Anyone else going? I'll look for the PAX TV booth.

14. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Count me and OBIWATSON in! Ahh yes, collector shows...you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany!!! Nah, actually the last one I went to there was pretty cool. Nice SW stuff too.

GO RAMS!!

15. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey did anyone go to the collector's show? If so wot did ya find? Anything new? Sorry I missed it, but I blew all my $ @ the Snowcore show. BTW Chewie, why weren't you there? Bungle & System of a Down rocked!!!
    P.S. Go Rams!!!!!

16. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    WOT UP COLORADO?!?!!!!

Chewierulz here and I'm back!! Woo Hoo! So how wuz the collectors show? Lot's of cool SW stuff or wot?

Chewierulz-cuz wookies always win

17. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    O K guys whats the word on this toys r us thing I looked at the one in westminister but no luck and trying to find some body that knows what they are talking about is a shot in the dark.

So lets all be on the look out.and post as soon as you find out anyINFO. so we can all beat thouse damn scalpers to the punch.

18. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Ok guys heres the scoop on the TRU thing. I went to the store on Missippi..where I used to work and they had alot of older stuff. Darths TIE, X-Wings, T16s A-wings, Princess Leia collection, Beast Packs, and a few old figures for $1.97, also, Landspeeder, and the Hoth and Endor playsets. I talked to the manager and she told me they had all kinds of AT-ATs but at $10 a piece they lasted about 2 hours. I guess the TRU on Colorado Blvd is gettin some stuff in on Friday.....I will be there! County Line Road TRU was a bust I checked it out.

OK, on to the collectors fair!
    What a nightmare that was. We had over 1000 people show up for free appraisals, we were expecting 100. There was some old and new SW stuff there at good prices, close to retail.

BUT...one dealer tried to screw me over. I know that she wasnt into Star Wars, she just had a few loose figures on a table and I asked how much. She told me $3, which was fair, none had their weapons and they were all common. I didnt get any just then I wanted to look around some more. So I went pack to her table and the price of the figures had jumped to $8. I looked at her and told her that not 10 minutes ago you told me they were $3. So she went through the usual speech..I know what my stuff costs, blah blah, blah. I told her that it must change ever few minutes! WEll at this point people were lookin and she noticed...adn said....Well there is one in there that is $3, thats what I told you. I said No I asked in general what the figures cost and walked off. What an idiot.

OK theres my .02 get over to Missippi TRU!

19. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I checked out the TRU on Colorado and they had nothing! Nothing old from the POTF2 line, nothing new at all! I still can't find the 12" Han and of course nothing new in the smaller figures!

20. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Does anyone know what's going on at the Fan Club Warehouse. Weren't they supposed to open a new showroom or something?

21. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Wow, where is everyone? I found the new Episode 1 wave at the TRU on Mississippi. This has to be the best store I have ever been to! They had 3 cases to put out with three of each new figure in each case, it might be worth a look.
    jwkenobi, I was wondering the same thing as well, where is the Fan Club store? I have been dying to get out there, guess I will have to call them and find out.
    Come on guys I know your out there!

22. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    I'm still here! So what figures were in the new wave? I didn't know there were any new Ep. 1 figures coming out for awhile.

yippee! We made it to 9 pages. Our state is the best!

23. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Chewierulz checkin in! The Fan Club store is still off of I 70 and Peoria. But they were supposed to move after the first of the year.

WOT UP COLORADO!

24. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Sorry, guess I should have been specific on the figures. I picked up Anakin Naboo Pilot, Obi Wan Jedi Knight, and Darth Maul Sith Lord. Now its on to TC-14 and R2-B1!

25. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    I still need Darth Maul Sith Lord. Please let me know if anyone sees one. Other than that I'm caught up to the TC-14 & R2-B1 wave. Othewise nothing else new to report. 9 pages...yea yea!!!

[This message has been edited by OBIWATSON (edited 02-08-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.