main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    sounds great!

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They wouldn't have had Mando take it at all if they planned for Cobb to continue to wear the armour. him riding off with the armour will probably be important later... but probably not to give it back to Cobb.

3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    That could very well be the case. I'm just speculating here, but I do feel like Din second guessing his choice to take the armor and returning to give it back to Cobb now that his belief in his creed is waning, only to find out that Mos Pelgo in ruins as a direct result of his incorrect decision to take the armor in the first place, could turn out to be a real wake up call for Din and could ultimately serve as the inciting event that causes Boba's narrative to begin to really intertwine with Din's.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Din is going to bring the armor back to Cobb later this season to recruit him for a mission, as we saw in the later episodes of season 1. Perhaps a mission to save Baby Yoda from Gideon.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  5. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Thing is Cobbs story with the armour is complete. He ran away after an attack on his town and bought the armour to take back the town. But he clearly grew to be something better, braved and mode confident who was openly willing to give up ownership of the armour to Mando. Its that whole thing of its not the armour that makes the man.

I do not think from a story structure POV he would have taken it in the first place if he was willingly gonna let Cobb have it later. It would save time just to let Cobb keep it at the end of episode 1.

I still think Boba is getting it back. It likely was why the episode with the armour even exists.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  6. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Him going back to offer it back to Cobb would be one way to pretty directly reflect Din's growth though, and reinforce that he was wrong to take it.

And just because he goes to Tatooine to give it back to Cobb doesn't mean Cobb actually does wind up getting to take it back. Boba is there and almost certainly wants it back... and it is pretty obvious that he will get it back. Hopefully not at the expense of Cobb's life, since I really like Cobb... but that is a very real possibility.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Flyer75 likes this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The armour looked too ill-fitting for Vanth.

It's gonna look great on Temeura. :)

8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I think Cobb will have a different look/armour if we see him again.

DannyD likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't know, he seems pretty comfortable in his red pajamas.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    RetropME and bstnsx704 like this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah if we see him again am sure he will have a new costume. probably finding more useful scavenged things.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Jaxxon- likes this.
  11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Or his whole town will be pillaged by Boba or a gang of pirates, and he'll be on the bring of death, Shmi style. If only Din didn't take that armor from him, maybe he could have saved his people...

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Next time we see Cobb Vanth he will be wearing Constable Zuvio’s outfit and he will have added Gasgano’s pod racing engine to his speeder

Krueger, RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Next time we see Cobb Vanth and get a good look inside the school Stinky will be revealed, Jabba's son. He'll be the new Hutt ruler someday on Tatooine.

Bor Mullet, MrDarth0 and RetropME like this.
  14. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    On that note, be it Rotta or some other Hutt, I do feel like The Mandalorian is the perfect place to bring another Hutt into the narrative fold of Star Wars again. Kind of shocked that we are five Disney-era films in and we haven't seen one; I guess they were saving Jabba for the Solo sequel that isn't going to happen.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And thank god for that

B3, Fredrik Vallestrand and RetropME like this.
  16. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I don't think we are seeing Cobb again unfortunately.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Not in the rest of season 2 anyway.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m totally fine with that. He played a great character, but his world is local. Mos Pelgo is the place for him. Not cavorting around the galaxy battling Moffs in Star Destroyers.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I still have a gut feeling that Din's arc will circle back around to Cobb and Mos Pelgo once he starts shedding more of his Children of the Watch Creed doctrines. If a Mandalorian is more than the armor, and Din is on the path to learning that himself, then maybe the armor should exclusively be for Mandalorians, either.

And then... enter Boba Fett.

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Imo they’re obviously going to ship Cobb and Cara during a mission supporting Mando since theyre both the “marshal” of their respective outer rim towns.

Stretching it a little further, maybe this lays the groundwork for some sort of “outer rim alliance” spanning multiple planets that is independent of the new republic?

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I highly doubt that.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    this is a fictional story in which two separate people are both “the marshal” and will probably meet up again with Mando at the end of the season. I doubt that’s a coincidence

the show could use a LITTLE romance innocent romance, not sure why people are so avoidant to that sort of stuff when it made up the backbone of the first two trilogies

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Mando should only meet Cobb again if Mando goes back to Mos Pelgo, IMO.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Agreed. At this point, I like that the show seems to be building up its own little roster of "contacts" that Din has on various Outer Rim worlds. If he sets down on Tatooine, he's likely going to link up with Peli Motto or Cobb Vanth before starting his mission. On Nevarro, he has Greef Karga and Cara Dune. On Trask, Frog Lady and her husband.

Bor Mullet and El_Machete12 like this.