main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

Well there is that rumor he would be in The Book Of Boba. so who knows.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    TadoFett, MrDarth0 and Jaxxon- like this.
  2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    gosh... I really hope he is in boba!!

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Timothy Olyphant's Cobb Vanth look is Timothy Olyphant's Timothy Olyphant look.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Boba Fett vs Cobb Vanth could happen since one is a criminal and the other a lawman.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I really hope we see Cobb in BoB

TadoFett likes this.
  6. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I really hope they show some history between the two. Boba seemed to have tracked his armor down and should have known Cobb was wearing it for some time.

So it'd be weird if they've never crossed paths in canon. Whether before or after the events of Chapter 9.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think it would make sense for the 2 to have a history. we know Cobb bought the amour from jawas. so whats Boba gonna do exactly? appear every so often and beg for his armor back? i imagine if Boba wanted it back. he would just take it back. whether Boba knew he had it... who knows. but i do think it would be abit complicated to say Cobb was aware it was Bobas armour.

TadoFett likes this.
  8. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I think you mistook me saying "history" as something long and drawn out but I just meant a brief interaction sometime after Chapter 9 or something. If Boba was ready to have Fennec kill Grogu for his armor, I'm sure he wouldn't have been too happy with Cobb wearing it either. How personal and dramatic they want to make that story is entirely up to Favreau and his team. Hell, they could show Boba giving him the full Jodo Kast treatment after Chapter 9 for all we know? Probably won't go that far, but still...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    TadoFett likes this.
  9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Going back and re-reading the Cobb Vanth chapters, the mysterious black-robed Tusken on a giant bantha in Empire's End really reads like it's Boba. I highly doubt that was Wendig's intent, but it's fun to look back on.

Boba must have considered Cobb Vanth as worthy of the armour. There may be a comparison between Cobb and Jango in BoBF.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I just kinda assume Boba gives up the armour for a while. maybe he loses his memory, has a crisis of sorts, ect ect. i don't think he would let Cobb have his fathers armor and then only decide to take it back once Mando takes it. i'd assume something happens in that time and he only decides to take it back just as Mando gets it.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I think boba let Cobb keep the armour to keep his tone safe. it was an honour thing but once he knew the town was safe then he decided to take it back.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba seems to have a sense of honor. He lost the armor to the Jawas. Cobb Vanth made a purchase to become it's new owner. Although he has claim to it, to steal it from Cobb after he bought it would be dishonorable. Other than that there would really be no explanation lol

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  13. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Did you guys forget he was ready to kill Grogu if Din didn’t hand the armor over?

I’m sure there’ll be a good explanation but I don’t think it’ll be as easy as he was just letting Cobb hold onto the armor out of being nice.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  14. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I don't think anyone's saying he was "being nice", more that he saw Cobb Vanth using it for a good purpose. BoBF may well have a scene where Boba is ready to kill him, but reconsiders.

Din, on the other hand, just takes it and hoards it in his ship. Boba doesn't care about the creed, he doesn't want the armour to stay in a cargo hold, or be melted down or sold.

Makes sense to me.

Grey Matter likes this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Boba Fett operates by a code, but this code is probably amoral in the sense that he'll sometimes engage in honorable, moral action, and other times disgraceful, unethical action. Such a code may seem contradictory until understanding its premises better.

As for Cobb Vanth, I was always doubtful that they'd bring such a great actor in for only one episode when their were future shows coming he'd be a great fit for. I'm certain we'll see more of Olyphant in SW, and Book of Boba Fett makes a lot of sense.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett is the most ruthless bounty hunter out there after Cad Bane, meaning sure he has honor but if he gets paid to kill someone he'll do it, the comics make him out to be this hearless bastard who kills anyone no matter what.

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Hope they'll keep him like that. One of the reasons why I always liked Boba in the old school EU.

18. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    lets hope so...

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    But why, then, did Boba assume Mando wasn’t going to use it for a good purpose?

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Quick! Someone get Cobb to the mod parlor! Man needs a sweet robo arm.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    I'm already the biggest Timothy Olyphant fan in pretty much any room I walk into but Cobb truly needs to lead his own series.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Please..no...

but they better not have killed Raylan..I will be miffed.

RetropME likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He had so much plot armor he could only be shot once

B3, BigAl6ft6 and Fin McCool like this.
  24. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    He's not dead. They made a point of showing him get shot in the shoulder and Bane tells the townspeople to get a stim.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When he rides in on the Sarlaac next episode, people are gonna freak.