main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Coffee!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Dobrolous, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's a thing on flights?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If you get free booze, yes?

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm a budding self made Brewster.

I brew small, craft batches of coffee at home. 1-2 cups at a time, either via French Press or through carefully monitored pour over. I also make my old cold brew. I'm picking about the beans I buy, knowing the flavor profiles I love, and researching similar flavors to add to the repertoire. Grind only just before brewing, and grind to meet the tools in using.

Almost always drink coffee black. However, have been experimenting with a second French Press to foam milkn to create cortado, and playing with the idea of roasting my own beans

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What beans do you like

5. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I also really like Italian espresso. I had some at a place in Rome called Antonini and (don’t judge:p ) McDonald’s by the Vatican. Obviously Antonini was better, but I was pleasantly surprised by the McDonald’s expresso. They even served it in a ceramic cup.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Do do do do dooo - I’m likin’ it

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hell no.

8. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    I love coffee, but only when I brew it at home (or one of my work buddies brew it at the office). Aside from that, I tend to avoid coffee!

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Cool ones.

10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I like big dark ones

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I tend to favor Central and South American beans. Brazil has some phenomenal gems and Costa Rica, as well. I find African beans to be a bit little more difficult to get consistency from.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i used to be a french press guy, then i broke my french press while trying to wash it with one hand after i broke my hand last year. after that i switched to pour over and haven't gone back, though i do kind of miss my french press and will probably get another one at some point. i use dark italian roast beans for the most part, but occasionally get a bag of sumatra if i feel like mixing it up. that's just my morning cup of coffee. there's also a coffee stand like ten feet from my office and every morning at ten i get a latte (aka a children's coffee) and a muffin.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Mmm,.. Coffee

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Black as pitch and strong enough to strip paint or GTFO

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I need to spend more time honing my craft with the pour over. When I get it right, it's phenomenal. But I have too many peaks and valleys. My French press gets me much more consistency in my cups of coffee. And is easier to navigate with two babies.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Tanzanian coffee from Wawa is pretty good. Normally, I just drink Folgers Colombian as I like a good medium roast. If it's too light or too dark, I don't enjoy it that much. I typically like it strong, but not overpowering like Starbucks seems to be. I do like the taste, but I also use Splenda and some flavored creamer so it's pleasing to my palate and not super harsh. I like French Vanilla or Caramel. My wife like Coconut. It's funny - she hates the smell but loves to drink it.

I'm pretty much dependent on a least one 16-20 oz serving a day. If I don't have it, I get a headache so hooray caffeine!

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Which is it? You Drink Folgers, or you like a good medium roast?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I get an organic Mexican from my specialty store around the corner. It's the best we've found for moderate priced, but good, coffee if we're not dragging pounds of it back from Costa Rica or the DR when we travel.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ok.. I gotta start making my coffee a little but stronger..

20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I don't think I'm able to appreciate the difference between good coffee and cheap coffee (same with a whole bunch of stuff really), so good coffee would be wasted on someone like me.

21. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I like my coffee black as midnight on a moonless night...
    I'm not much of a connoisseur or anything, but i can tell that my own store-bought and brewed coffee tastes better than your average cup from the shop with a two-tailed mermaid on the logo.

firesaber likes this.
  22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    stick it to the merman

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    To be honest, if you enjoy your coffee black, you shouldn't be all that surprised that you don't enjoy the coffee from a place who makes their money from adding things to their coffee. Coffee that is intended to be drank by itself should be crafted, selected, and brewed differently than coffee that you intend to add milks, sugars, etc. to.

24. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    Maybe this goes in "first world problems", but after months of believing my coffee thermos holds 17oz (4.25 cups), I discovered that it only holds 12oz (3 cups). I must rethink this container...

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000