main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collecting and the Coronavirus - Delays and Other Info

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 4, 2020.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    CNN Business

Hasbro has confirmed that they are experiencing supply problems due to the coronavirus in China. The article is pitched as a delay to Baby Yoda toys but Hasbro has said that if things don't get back to normal by June/July there will be a shortage on a bunch of toy lines, not just Baby Yodas.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    whostheBossk and Findswoman like this.
  2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess this was to be expected. I work for a customs company and all outbound goods from China are starting to be impacted. I wonder when Sideshow will be impacted

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Is their stuff made in China as well? Article just mentioned Hasbro.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I got notifications yesterday that my Hot Toys Qui-Gon and Solo - Han Solo Deluxe figure are both delayed possibly out until July so I'm expecting an announcement from them soon.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If they make an announcement you can put it here and I'll change the thread title to make it a general coronavirus and delayed stuff thread.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Sounds good. So far nothing for certain.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Comic Delays

Comic readers might want to check out the above post in our Lit forum.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that if you are ordering non-essentials from Amazon (US and UK) you might wait a lengthy time for delivery. I ordered some books over a week ago. Part of the order came this week via Royal Mail but the rest has an estimated delivery date of Apr 1-2. I saw over in one of the Community threads (What was Your Last Purchase, I think) that someone ordered birthday presents and their shipping date was changed from April 1 to April 24 with no notice.

9. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    My ESB Luke Skywalker Jacket from Film Jackets has been delayed until at least April the 18th. :(