main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Collecting Contingent

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I saw that too. Very strange. Especialy considering the timing: today (the 10th) is the grand opening of their new venture, STARWARSSHOP.com. But, being a subscriber, you probably remember how clandestine the switch from Wizards was back in 2002. Something's afoot. -Campbell

2. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I waited up til midnight last night for ShopStarWars.com, then I thought well maybe it west coast time. I got up at 3am here, and the store still wasnt open. Then I checked it at 630 when I got up for work, and now Im checking it again before I go to work, and its still not open. Today is the 10th, what a cruel horrible joke to play on the fans. Even when AOTC opened on the day it was supposed to, they had a 12am showing.

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, I waited too, and got on for about 20 minutes around noon. Since then, things have been down. Other than the first 500 orders getting the old Revenge patch, I'm not too excited. It was good to see they sell cases of figures and ships at fair prices, but there's nothing that I really want. I'm considering the AotC snowglobe and the ESB art portfolio, but more than likely, I'll not be ordering today. -ce

4. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    I picked up the fans choice figure #5 Captain Antilles today at the Super Target on West 50. Was looking for the new galsses but no luck.

Dale

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I haven't found any new figures at all, but did get Maul and Obi-wan cups at Millenia Target. Also, they had the Council scenes marked down to $13.48.

Lastly, KB in the maul (sic) is boarded up.

6. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Campbell my man, you need a cell phone.

7. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I think Campbell likes to be unreachable. Or is it that you want to save every last penny for SW collectibles?

Melanie

8. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree. Campbell, come on, cellular telephones are *exceedingly* cheap nowadays. In no way do you need a some Uber Model, just a generic one like I have, no color screen, no camera, nothing, just a cell phone that works when you use it. At the very least, you should have one for emergencies.

Campbell, do it for us...

Brandon

9. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I have my last Nextel phone (only about a little over a year old) but I really don't think he would take it.

Melanie

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I think Campbell may like to be unreachable, too.

Money is a significant part of it, though. I won't afford hi-speed access for my computer, thus I need a landline. I don't want two phones so I'm stuck with the one I really need. I also am not keen on the quality of most cell phones. While it's true I've literally spoken on them maybe a dozen times, Melanie's Motorola is the only one I've really been happy with as far as sound is concerned. I think I spend about $65 a month on decent internet access, local and long-distance calling. I haven't found a way to beat or come really close to that with a mobile phone.

Back to the topic of movies. That's a good education for me about the selections at other theaters. Unfortunately all of those are farther from me than Enzian. So, while I do get the occasional very small movie fairly early at AMC Pleasure Island, Enzian still is the only consistent choice.

And... while I'm not too far on the inside, I will be happy to give my feedback to the powers that be that while I was volunteering there were a "few people that mentioned French Fries being a good addition to the Enzian menu."

And lastly, I hear from Coliseum of Comics that later this year an ALL-DIGITAL 18 screen theater at Fashion Square Mall will be opening. Can this be true?

-Campbell

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Actually, it's 14 screens. whoops.

CartoonNetwork.com has a great contest where the winner gets to be a toy designer for a day. Unfortunately, it's void to residents of Florida. Hope my Dad (in Kentucky) wins. :)

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Seem to've double posted, so let me see what I can say for myself in this one-

Might be worth checking TRU- the silver clone has been found on pegs in Times Square. This will be part of a promotion in early April, but scans at $4.99 if you find it.

yup, that'll do.

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Sorry about the weird post about movies. Of course it belongs in the Florida Film Festival thread.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

14. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    I found them, repeat Ive found them!

Ive been to Target everyday for the last week and a half and I finally found the Obi Wan and Darth Maul Collector glasses at the Target by the Florida Mall. They had 3 Mauls and 2 Obi Wans, needless to say they only have one Maul left now. Yep picked up two of both of them. Maybe trade away later, who knows.

Dale

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Velly intelestink.
    Those are the ones I found the other day too. Maybe those are the only two being shipped right now? Hope so. Congrats.

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Mousedroid.com has published pictures of the new Playskool releases. Looks like Hasbro will soon be releasing 2-packs of the little figures. I like the looks of them, especially Yoda + Clone Trooper, and Obi-wan Kenobi + Jango Fett.

Also, just checked KillerToys.com and they list OTC items IN STOCK, as well as the Dagobah wave in stock. Seems unlikely, but interestingly early. Hmm.

Lastly, Dale, I got jealous and placed a bid on the Kinder Hippos. -Campbell

17. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Campbell,

Very cool man. If you win, you can join the uber-secret kinder hippo club with Brandon and I. Hope that's proper garmmer. Lol.

Dale

18. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Steve Sansweet is the man, dont know how many saw his "Rancho Obi-Wan" last night on Cartoon Network. Man he has the greatest Star Wars collection in the world. Hope he shows up at Star Wars Weeekends again this year. I passed on getting his autograph last year, stupid mistake. Wont make it again if hes there this year.

Dale

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I didn't ask for his autograph, but I talked to him for a few minutes at a special Fan Force party at C2. I actually helped him identify some of the Imperials (original actors) that were guests there. -Campbell

ps- I got to see the Rancho tour taped. I was disappointed that it was done by such an idiot too, and the editing was horrible. Example: Sansweet approached a bronze life-size statue of Yoda and says, "And this is one of my favorite pieces," and before it was even in focus they cut to commercial. Ugh.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If you want a jump on next week's Silver Clone Trooper figure, check out Amazon- they've got it on sale for $4.99 and free shipping right now! At TRU next week it'll be free with a $14.99 purchase, but too many times they have nothing I want so I'm taking the plunge now.

21. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    sorry dale I went back to my target and the glasses were gone....along with my chairs :(

22. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Ia,

Thanks anyways.

Campbell,

I tried ordering them but it wouldnt let me add them to my shopping cart. I could add everything else,. just not that. Weird.

Dale

23. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    I didnt get a chance to order the Silver Clone on Amazon this week. I headed over to Toys R Us after reading a post on RebelScum. Forgot that they came out today, but they are selling them for 4.99. You can get a free one if you buy 14.99 worth of Star Wars toys. So I bought 3 Silver Clone Troopers, and got a fourth one free. Awesome deal. Better get them while you can. Now Im off to the gym.

Dale

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    While I'm not certain it serves TRU's purposes, being able to outright buy the figure is a really nice thing for the fans. I haven't made an exciting find in one of their stores in ages, so your plan sounds like the best I've heard. If my Amazon 2 arrive in good condition I think I'll not even stop in a store.

25. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If they arrive. Still waiting.

In KB stores today through Saturday any toy purchase over $30 gets a 20% discount. Might be worth a stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.