main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Collecting Everything in one big go and another question.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darthmaul208, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Hello Lit community,
    Christmas is coming up and Wheat better present than the whole of the legends universe! haven't read much only a few important novels and comics but I know most of the main plot points and the interesting stuff. I have the Guide to the books and it's good and all but I think I want to read them first before I read summaries of them. My question:
    How could I collect the books in chunks? Is there a complete series edition boxset or do I have to buy each separate novel separately (there's over 100!)
    Same with the comics.
    Also How are they organising the books with the new Legends banner and does it matter?- Will they rerelease them in the future with more stuff/ boxset/collected edition?
    On a separate note I heard a while ago that there was a double pack of the Jedi Path and Book of the Sith coming. What happened to it?
    Long winded I know but please help out.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Why, not only is there a box set of the entire Legends universe, look how many colors it comes in!

[​IMG]

But seriously, no, there's just way too much, and from too many different publishers, for anything approaching a comprehensive set. The biggest single "chunk" of EU I can remember seeing is the Kindle set of all 9 original X-Wing books--and even that's missing Mercy Kill.

It's possible they'll do more batches like that at some point, but they would absolutely be digital only--if you're looking for hard copies, one at a time is your only real option (though several trilogies have been printed together), aside from getting lucky and grabbing someone's entire collection on eBay. There's bound to be lots of those popping up in the next year as people ragequit over the reboot.

Comics are slightly easier--just go to DarkHorse.com and search for "star wars omnibus". Though you've only got a couple months left before they're out of print, and even if you get all of them there's lots of assorted stuff that never made it to omnibi.

Good question about the Legends reissues--there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it yet, but at a bare minimum, everything from the past eighteen months or so (going back to Crucible) is getting a banner on its paperback edition. Before that it's kind of a crapshoot--depends on which books need new printings in the coming years, I'd imagine.

3. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    The first three books of the New Jedi Order series, Vector Prime and Dark Tide I-II, were released in a boxed set a while ago but idk how easy it is to find still.

A few novel trilogies were reprinted as omnibus collections: the OT novelizations, the PT novelizations, The Han Solo Adventures, The Lando Calrissian Adventures, and The Dark Lord Trilogy, which collects Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, and the Episode III novelization (so you'd have that book twice if you bought all the trilogy collections).

If you're collecting kids books as well, the first six books of the Young Jedi Knights series were collected in two omnibuses called Jedi Shadow and Jedi Sunrise, and two of Jude Watson's books, Legacy of the Jedi and Secrets of the Jedi, were reprinted as a single collection as well. I think there's an ebook collection of Ryder Windham's four biographies of Luke, Obi-Wan, Vader, and Maul in the works as well.

If you feel like you have to own them all (versus just borrowing them from the library) your best bet would be to buy them digitally and save some money.

4. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Trust me.....owing a complete set is going to be tough if you really do mean 'complete'! I mean how many people here own 'Watch Out For The Wookiee' from the PlaySchool Millenium Falcon toy?

LelalMekha likes this.
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    ... or The Maverick Moon.

6. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    That's ones easy to find haha

LelalMekha likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Indeed. But I mean, you have to know it exist in the first place. Same thing with, eh, let's say... The Imperial Troop Transporter booklet.

8. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Yea, that's a tough one to track down.....and I've been looking!

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Pfft, Maverick Moon, Watch Out For The Wookiee, you guys aren't thinking big enough. Rise of the Dark Falls, there's a sign of completionism.

Just to not confuse the original poster, Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls isn't real. :p

10. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I've got the omnibus that includes the whole trilogy! That slipcase is a work of art