main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Collecting] Star Wars Miniature Game

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Not sure how many recovering miniature wargaming fanatics exist here...buuuuuut...

The Star Wars Miniature Game is out. :D The first set is called Rebel Storm, and as with any Wizards of the Coast game, I imagine they'll try to capitalize on the OCD-ness of every geek and come out with a few additional sets to keep everyone buying them. :) I used to love miniature gaming, and while the WOTC games aren't quite geekish *enough* for me, their clickie games are usually fun if you have a house full of people. That, and who can say "no" to sending an army of Slave Leias against an army of Mara Jades? ;) [face_devil] :D

Rebel Storm Set List

Rebel Storm Set Gallery

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    All I got to say is.......quarter-scale R/C aerial combat with TIE Interceptors and X-Wings.....YYYEEEAA!

OR......

12" collector pieces & scale equipment used on somebody's lawn reenacting say.........the Hoth battle!

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Ive played the roleplaying game,Its fun.I just want the miniature figures the Boba Fett is seeling on ebay,and Its already over $35.oo dollars.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah. The unique pieces are crazy. I have a few for the BattleTech and Mage Knight games that are worth around $40.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    The RPG is nice. I've pondered getting a game going, but it'd sorta be restricted to P-town peoples unless we made a thread for it or something, or only played once a month or so.

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So how exactly do you play. Olso do the figures come in a box and howmany do you get at once? How much do they cost?

Explain

Pleas Explain

7. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    You get 7 random plastic figures per box. No way of knowing what you get until you buy.

Kev

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    More info is here... "What Are Star Wars Minis?"

The starter box with all the rules comes with 8 figures and 2 exclusives. Unless WOTC has started doing things differently, each starter box will have identical contents with every other starter box. And while you never know what you're getting in the booster packs, a lot of online collectable card game dealers will let you actually pick what pieces you want at a fairly acceptable price.

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I just found a blurb about it at http://www.pjcc.com in their newsletter -- that's where I used to get my Mage Knight and MechWarrior pieces. They'll probably start selling individual pieces soon.

10. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Sounds cool, I think that I might have to play this game. Can you have multiples of differenct characters while playing the game? Can there be Dark side vs. Dark Side.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm pretty sure you can. Usually the only restriction on the rules is that you can't have multiple unique characters on the same "team" or whatever...so you can't have a squad of Bobas and Vaders. But you should be able to have battles between individual Vaders and whole squads of troopers.

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Those are sweet!!! do you know of a place in town where we can buy them josh?

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    The Alternate Universe on 24th and Grand, and the Dragon's Den on Santa Fe should both have them. I haven't called to check, though.

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    cool deal. I have seen a lot of talk about these. even a bit in the trading forum so i was starting to wonder what they were all about. i might just have to go and pick up a set for myself, just to see how cool they are.

15. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Its your move sold out in one day,still looking for them.

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    These mini games are like that. They're usually impossible to find for the first 2 weeks, but gamers are notorious for being hardcore ADD and by the end of the month every single store will be overstocked in them and having sales. LOL. [face_laugh]

17. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I just found the start set on lunch,but no boosters.I will keep looking.

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Rachel and I broke down and bought 2 starter boxes. We haven't played yet, but the rules seem simple enough, but you can always make it more complicated. LOL.

The minis are a decent size, but the overall cost of the boosters would make it improbable to play some really impressive battles, or field a large number of troops. Still, though, the possibility exists -- it's juts a matter of getting the troops.

The pic is a bit blurry, but that's a quarter, to show the general size of them.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/sw-minis.jpg]

19. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    LOL I have a completed 60 figure set still sealed for sale. ;)

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Cool. :D I'm not too into the whole collecting bit of it -- I just want a hugemongous Stormtrooper army. LOL.

Or maybe an army of Jawas.

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hmm...although... [face_devil]

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Your up here North B88 go to Free Time Comics, they are on Federal & 104th by King Soopers, love those guys, they don't gouge the prices.

Or when down south check out Clockworks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.