main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection Display suggestions, tips, advice

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 7, 2018.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Facebook user Patrick Binks said he purchased the Baseball bat display cases from Michaels to create his really cool figure display boxes in this pic below ( he added the lighting):

[​IMG]

I just checked and today they are 1/2 off!

2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Everything is backlogged at my house again! I have 12 new cubicles for the bedroom, bottom eight for unmentionables and pants and top four and tops for figures, also a corner six shelf unit for leftover stuff from forementioned stuff. It all arrived in December but with guests and son's new semester of school starting and nephew's last couple of months of electrician's studies... all remains in boxes cluttering up bedroom and making near impossible for getting to my daughters chest drawers and my side of bed, I truly am to big to be crawling across the whole bed to get to my side. LOL! My son leaves for summer with his fiance in Mid May. Please please let all be completed in bedroom before then, if I have to hold off till end of summer I will never stop crying this summer.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh man - this is so cute! This would be great to put my whole R2 collection on.

cathiecat likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OMG! I just bought 2 of these. They're foldable, cardboard. I don't know where I'm going to put them and I don't care. I might have to get hooks to put on the back for them and hang them on my wall. Great way to get a bunch of Pops displayed!

[​IMG]

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok I 100% recommend the Pops shelves! They are a little tricky to put together, but really aren't hard.

Here's how mine look!

[​IMG]

My Potato collection is currently sitting on a bunch of my Sideshow boxes as a means to get them out of the way.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What are the shelves made from - heavy cardboard? That's what it looks like to me.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They are heavy cardboard. You fold everything over a couple of times to help to reinforce the shelves - they're like work file type boxes. I wouldn't put anything that's hugely heavy on the middle shelves since the shelves themselves aren't super strong, but they're sturdy enough for holding many pops and the larger scene, ship, and critter type pops.

I stacked 2 one on top of the other.

I might get one more to hang on the wall. I realized that I was kind of drowning in Pops - this was a good way to get a bunch of them off of my regular shelves to make a little wiggle room on them.

They'd totally work for 3 3/4" and 6" figures also.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't have enough Pops to justify something like that (nor any place to put it). My Pops are mostly still boxed and they are stacked on each other.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah well I had to move things around for them, hence my Potatoes sitting next to them. I like them, they're about the size I expected, they're not small. They do have holes in the backs so you can hang them.

I really want to rework my shrine room, I have room for more bookshelves and I can finally clear through all of my boxes that are sitting around (and maybe get some remaining stuff out of storage). I need to get my craft room together first though since I want to move my huge desk that's in my SW room out of it first and put it in there. This is an ok start though to get some things out and on display that weren't previously (a ton of the sequel Pops.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    whostheBossk and cathiecat like this.
  12. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Can't wait to see the sequel props.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Mine? They're up on those shelves. 3rd and bottom shelves.

14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    AMAZING!!!! just looked closer at the pics.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I might pick up one more of these. I've got enough pops that could invade another that I can put on my wall. I like getting them off of shelves that are starting to get too crammed. I need to look around and see if I have room to put up a second one. The shelves really can fit lightweight smaller stuff. So I could potentially fill another one w/ other non-Pop items also.

16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Cool can't wait too see photos

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I picked up a few cases from Michaels and they are great for displays. Waiting to get another 40% coupon to buy another one.
    I need to take over another room in the house as I have run out of space. I just have to figure out a way to do it without my wife noticing.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think she might notice a whole room suddenly filling up, Mike!

cathiecat likes this.
  19. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Nah.... no way....errr

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well you can keep sending Jeanette off on vacations so she's not home to notice....

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I only had 1 preorder this pay period, I'm thinking the time has come for me to get my bookcases for my craft room, get all of my dolls (and other fandom stuff) out and on display, and work to get it completed. I'll need to get someone to help to drag my giant desk in there that's currently in my shrine room. It'll also mean my shrine room will be in chaos, but that's ok. That means if I get my craft room 100% done this pay period I can work on the shrine room for next check. By May I should be done with it.

Also on agenda is to buy myself a sturdy step ladder so I can finally rearrange my displays properly that are on the top of my shelves.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just ordered another one of these to get more Pops off of shelves.

23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I have a Summer project on my hands. Tonight I picked up 2 large handmade glass doored front display cases at Savers Thrift that perfectly stack on each other.

I need them to be taller than they are (they're already pretty tall - probably 2 feet tall each) and build a bottom part for it and surround it to enclose the whole piece - and I'll have a very cool new display case!

Starting base cost is $16 for the 2 cabinets. I just need to measure them and decide how tall I want the piece and see about getting the wood pieces cut for it. My sister was good in woodshop (I sliced my hand open w/ a chisel - I wasn't so great) but we can work together to put it together.

My sister suggested maybe I should cover the sides w/ photos and such for decoupaging - I think that might need to be in the cards, I have a LOT of random paper stuff and stickers that I can use on it.

I'll be sure to take photos as I go. So excited!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    whostheBossk and cathiecat like this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Excited to see your progress.