main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection Display suggestions, tips, advice

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 7, 2018.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    whostheBossk and cathiecat like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Create your own exploding Death Star IKEA lamp: HERE

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Amazing I love it!!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    How often do y'all dust your figures and shelves? I wanted espresso colored shelves to show off my figures colors. It takes several hours to dust everything and I don't have the time to do it monthly. I don't want to put them in cases, do you think I could get away with using a static duster on visible surfaces?

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Dust? I dust when I see that it needs to be done. I have so much stuff I usually do it in stages. But then again my room is shut off and I only go in there a few times a week.

7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I have all my collectibles where no matter where I look I can see them, and now I am rearranging to put more in living room since with my son not here there is lots of empty space to enjoy. I suppose I could just do it one bookcase at a time but it doesn't ever feel dusted that way. I envy those people that can live with nothing to stare at and have almost completely bare spaces and shelves, but I have too have things to look at or I go crazy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hey all - I'm moving soon and want to get some nicer display cases/shelves for my new office/SW collection room. Wondered if anyone had some suggestions for some good/reasonably priced cases and/or shelves? I'd like to get some cases so I don't have to deal with dust. Also any Funko displays or shelves that anyone uses and likes?

9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I would hit up the Goodwills and thrift stores for the cases/displays. I found my display cases at a place on an app that has stores selling equipment and found them at a Business moving in and wanting to get rid of stuff.

Jedi Knight88 and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  10. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Always good advice

11. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Hey All,
    I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, but I want to display my 12" figures. Anyone know where I can get some stands for them? My IG-88 is so top heavy, when I just stand him on a desk he falls over immediately.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Kaiser metal stands work well. You might need some larger ones for bigger figures.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. NotClownJ0KER

NotClownJ0KER Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    I used shelving I bought at Home Depot to display my collection.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  15. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    Very late to this thread, there are a lot of great ideas and thoughts here. Whenever I eventually move from my current location (hopefully around December) the main thing I'm going to focus on when it comes to my collection and display is going to be anything and everything Phantom Menace. Not just for the toys but the books and the many other things released over the years too. To be honest, I'm struggling to come up with any ideas right now, but I imagine once I get moved in, I'll be able to come up with some pretty cool ideas. I bought quite a few really cool store displays that I got off of eBay, no real idea yet on how to use those. I'll have to keep everyone posted on how all this goes.

16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I hope all goes well

whostheBossk and TsmHedorah like this.