main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania, GMEX - Manchester

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Lord Tice and Jairen - just PMd you with some potentialy exciting news about FF-UK at Collectormania - hope to hear from you soon! :)

2. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Spoke to Paul earlier. Blimey, this meet is really gonna be a cracker for FF-UK. I'd have volunteered to help on the day but think I may be busy waiting to see Michael Shanks.

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Exciting news? Oooh, intruiging! [face_thinking] :p guess we wont find out what it is until we get there huh?

4. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    nah....Paul called me to say we were ok to hand out flyers, then said that we will probably be able to have a table there too at the event...for free!!!!
    I nearly fell on the floor! :eek:

Not really sure what we can do with the table other than put the flyers on it and chat to people, but Phill is going to bring the banner and hopefully [face_praying] think of ideas like when he did Signotopia what he did with the table there.

if anyone has any ideas then please do shout up!

I will be happy to man the table for some of the time, with anyone else who wants to join me at any point (would be nice to get around too and maybe go to an odd talk...?) so we could shar out the duty. Maybe we could operate a drop in type of affair so everyone gets chance to help for whatever time they can spare and still have fun and get to look around?

What thinks ye?

5. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Sounds good to me :)

I'm happy to cover over lunch while you get refueled - not allowed to eat solid food so would keep me free of temptation. Not got a costume though.

Seems the table is a definite from what Paul said last night. He's such a nice fella even though he's from Basingstoke - no one's perfect hehe ;)

6. Hothmeister

Hothmeister Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2006
    I would be happy to help out, although I won't be coming in costume and I haven't pre-ordered a ticket.

Speaking of which is anyone else "paying on the door"??? I will be able to get over anytime as I live close by

7. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Thanks for that - look out for the Jedi's and the stall then - see you there!

Dont worry - theres a whole load of people paying on the door so you wont be 'last in'!

Last time I suggested a meet time was 11.30-12.00 at the steps at the front of GMEX - unless anyone else has a suggestion? :confused:

8. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Thought it was earlier - me getting confused due to age. That time is fine by me.

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I think I only thought of that time to allow people who were travelling to get there....only the autograph hunters will be there at the crack of dawn I guess....and I am not personally fussed about autographs though...

I will be setting off at 08.00 myself from Darlo, so couldnt get there earlier anyway unless I am able to wrench myself out of bed at some ungodly time like 04.30 or something to get there for 09.00 (dont forget - a man has to moisturise and all, each morning - we dont just drop out of bed caveman style anymore...? Well, not me anyway! [face_blush] )

I will hit Manc at about 10.30 and then meeting TimB and others at the hotel before hitting the GMEX....

10. Hothmeister

Hothmeister Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2006
    11:30 - 12:00 is good for me, see you there!

11. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think I am going to get into Manchester Oxford Road for 9:40am (either that or 10:40 which is too late). The hotel is about 10-15 mins walk from there if I am reading the map right. At the mo, I believe I am meeting Therion (Matt) and another poster I know from the DHC forums at Oxford Road, then will walk to hotel to meet Jace. Any one needs my moby no., PM me :)

We need to get an idea for a rota for the table, and what are the convention rules on unmanned tables?

I think I am gonna do that quiz thing I mentioned at the next meet (York?), I got some small prizes, but it looks like it may be a little hectic at the convention what with Jedi protection, tables and talks, plus I haven't sorted out the quiz itself, I am knackered and don't have the energy to do before Sat lol. Sorry guys [face_blush]

12. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ok, I'll be on the 9:26 York to Manchester Piccadilly arriving at 10:51 so aim to meet me then Caroline. Thank you for leadin this senile old bugger.

We'll then go to meet Jace at the Hotel so I can drop off bags. Aim to be at the GMEX by 11:30 - 12 at the latest meet us outside there then. (aby one requiring my number to help you find us, just PM me.)

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Not sure if anyone was intending to go to these (I was if I can be there), but the first of two SW talks in on Saturday at 12pm -

12:00-12:30 - STAR WARS ORIGINAL TRILOGY - Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker

Second one is Sunday,

11:00-11:30 - STAR WARS PREQUEL TRILOGY TALK - Ray Park and Jay Laga'aia

And I doubt Hurley (who is replacing Boone) will talk, the Boone talk was scheduled for Sunday and Hurley is only there for the Saturday.

14. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    :eek: Chris, if you are a senile old bugger then I'm a wobbly corpse lol

I estimate it will take us about 30 mins or so to get to the hotel given that Deansgate Lock is on the other side of the City. May try pursuade the hubby to bring the car and park at the hotel.

Tim - got no firm plans re talks. The Ray Park one does spark my interest though.

15. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'll most likely spend my time getting autographs, or being at the FFUk table

16. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Seems Saturday is the day of our group costume so I'll be wandering around with a bunch of people dressed up in HP costumes. I'll be easy to spot if anyone wants to meet up with me, I'll be all in black and tagging along behind the one dressed up as Voldemort and next to Lucius :p

17. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well, I'm off to bed and with me going to suzy's tomorrow I may not be on again before the meet so I look forward to seeing you all on sat. If ppl need to contact me and havn't got me number Jace has it, Dave too and a few others, ask nice and they'll let you have it.

Untill Sat then my friends, adue

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Amber, I'm going to meet you lot, I want to see your HP costumes and meet you and Emma. She was to far from us at the GOF prem.

19. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey everyone sorry i havent been on in a while i've just moved house and been pretty busy, I didn't think i could make this however im free this weekend but haven't booked a ticket. The site says there will be on the door tickets for sale i was wondering if they will be any early bird tickets available on the door tomorrow if anyone knows thankyou.

20. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Cool :D

eek my Bellatrix one isn't very good as I have been sick all this week and will be drugged up to the max this weekend to survive it. My cold seems to getting worse and not better [face_plain]

I know, the GOF premiere was a shambles. I got separated from Emma as well and she was too far away to even speak to :(

21. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hi - I am not really sure about early bird tickets being still available myself, but probably worth having a look on the main site here for more info or on the Showmasters forum board (where there seems to be a lot more info)

Hope this helps?

http://www.collectormaniagmex.co.uk/index.html

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?s=3f31d8f58748e54b2c5a66881e7a8474&showforum=57

22. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    right well, all set now, even tho some one seems to have taken my costuming mojo. Everything I make lately just isnt coming out right. We are aiming to be there 11ish so meet you infront of the main doors about then.

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    See you tomorrow Verity :cool:
    We'll be there sometime around that time. Just finishing packing my jawa provisions :p

24. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    bags packed and ready for Jedi action! [face_dancing]

25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Almost sorted (in typical student style heheh)

See you all tomorrow! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.