main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania Midlands - Coventry (March 1st and 2nd)

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    I might be attending this one and thought id throw it up for a possble future meet!

http://www.collectormaniamidlands.com/

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I really do want to go support Showmasters in this new venue, but it also comes around the time of the first joint FF-UK North / Scotland meet in Edinburgh, Jedi Con in Dusseldorf and some other meets (Collectormania Manchester). So I am not sure, I could do a day trip maybe.

Will be good to see Coventry at the other meet, to see what the place is like.

Just said to Dave and Suzi (FF-UK North CR) too, once you have had your first meet of 2008, I am sure the peeps of Fan Force UK North would be happy to do a joint FF-UK North / Midlands meet too, maybe somewhere on the border. That can be discussed after Jan 19 anyways, and won't happen for a few months (March is real busy for FF-UK North members).

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Just said to Dave and Suzi (FF-UK North CR) too, once you have had your first meet of 2008, I am sure the peeps of Fan Force UK North would be happy to do a joint FF-UK North / Midlands meet too, maybe somewhere on the border. That can be discussed after Jan 19 anyways, and won't happen for a few months (March is real busy for FF-UK North members).

Nice idea, Tim. Means me and hal can probably attempt to make our third meet together as RSAs :p

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    That make you two official then? :p
    Heh, walked slam bang into that one ;)

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I think Mrs H and my harem will object to that insinuation, Tim :p

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hmm, not sure I'm comfortable with where this is heading [face_thinking]

7. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    Hey, Rebeljediknight_88 did I see you in cossie at the Annual Star Wars event at the Marriott Cardiff just before christmas? You were wearing a biker scout uniform weren't you or have I got it completely wrong???

If it was you will you be trooping at Collectormania Cov?

8. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    wow im famous! ;p yes it was me - was my first troop as a scout and i glad i only did a small convention in it i have found some things that need modifying lol (trooping around the town was the best bit hehe)

and as for trooping in collectormania i have to admit i havnt a clue yet march seems so far away lol

9. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Question is- will Hal be standing up this time? :p and will Mr Flibble be joining us again?

Yeah, it'd be good to have a joint meet, but as Tim says, it's not likely many Northerners will be able to make anything until at least April or later, to be honest. I'm sure we'd definately be up for something though! :D

10. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    Where do you get your costume bits from?

11. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well i got the armour from a friends friend the rest came from my wonderful friends over at KOTE and a few pieces i found myself :)

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I'll be at Collectormania, but I'll be working with KOTE that weekend. I'll see you all around the place.

13. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thats gd!! might have a meet for us after the event - maybe sum drinks or something just to calm down

phil maybe you and the others (duno who is goin) might join us?

14. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    I'm coming too! :D I can give lifts to some people from Cov train station as well, to get to the Ricoh. I'm not sure what buses are like. In any case I should have 3, possibly 4 spaces in my little car :)

Fran x

15. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I won't be around on the Saturday... any chance of the meet being on the 2nd?

Also, excuse my ignorance--is there a fee for the day, or how exactly does the event work? I've never been to one of these...

16. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    OPEN: SATURDAY - 9AM TO 6PM, SUNDAY - 10AM TO 5PM
    SATURDAY ADMISSION: Early Bird £10 (from 9am). Standard (from 11am) Adults £5, kids £3 (under 12)
    SUNDAY ADMISSION: Early Bird £10 (from 10am). Standard (from 11am) Adults £5, kids £3 (under 12)

i was planning on going saturday due to being unsure if i have th car - trains are bad on sundays!

but i shal try and follow the majority - what do others prefer?

17. Capt-Hightower

Capt-Hightower Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2008
    I won't be coing to this as i can't afford it. My bank account has been shut down by them as thats how much i am in the red !!!! so have fun all that go.

18. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    I'll be there both days look out for Master Collectables!

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    So what day are most people going? I can make one day, but not the other.

20. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    Due to financial constraints I shall be unable to attend Collectormania. :_|

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    bump!!

so who is going and on which day??

Saturday
    Rebeljediknight_88
    Lowri
    DrPaine

Sunday
    Sauntaero

22. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I don't think I'll be able to make it--just too much going on this weekend... :(
    But if you're going somewhere for a meal/drink afterward, let me know and I'll see if I can get there.... hope you have tons of fun anyway!

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Not gonna be able to make it this time, I generally need to know which day to go at least a week in advance to get a train ticket etc :(
    Hope it's a good show, have fun! :)

24. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well im off to bed now!! see whoever is going 2moz!!

25. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    Great to have met you properly today rebeljediknight_88 and Lowri (oh and Capt. Hightower). Hope your mom like's her present!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.