main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's Tap Cafe X

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    </center>

WELCOME TO THE TAPCAFE X !!!!!!

It seems like only yesterday that the TAPCAFE was started up by Linda and now here we are at V 10.0 !!! Our members gather together here to talk about anything and everything. EP III gets closer and closer and so has our fine group here. 2004 has been a very uncertain year but we have been here together to support each other during the sad times as well as to congratulate each other during the happy times. So many of us here are thousands of miles away from each other and in other parts of the world but here we are together in a place where there are no borders and that my friends is very special indeed !!! As always we invite lurkers out there to post in the CAFE and introduce yourself. As we approach the release of Episode III we look forward to meeting and making many new friends. You will not be ridiculed in here or have anything to fear so please do not be afraid to post :)
    The Cafe has been completely renovated and sports a completely new look from its brand new lounge to its massive bar complete with a waterfall. Several skylights as well as a huge gargoyle greet patrons as they enter the Cafe. We have openings for a DJ, cook and bouncer for those of you who are interested. We also require a replacement for Flo so please let me know if you are interested in these openings.

May we always find the time,
    to say a little hello.
    To all great folks here,
    that we have grown to know

In good times and the bad,
    we are here together.
    No matter where we are,
    or how bad the weather.

For our times in the Cafe
    we will reminisce of those days.
    Of a long time ago
    In a galaxy far far away

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, it's open now...I was waiting for it to become un-stickied. ;)

Good morning everyone! :D

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Roseanna :) You got the first post, how are you doing !!!

4. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    ;)!!!GOODMORNING!!Collector's !!![face_dancing]

[:D]!!!How Is EveryBody Doing!!!:D

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Kenneth OUT!!!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I got the last post in the old one but missed the first one in the new one. Oh well!

Happy Friday everyone! Got my copy of Battlefront and the Strategy Guide at lunchtime. Game had a special price for both (and I had a voucher for £2.00 off on top of that). So that's my buy for the day.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey Mike and Kenneth, and LAJ! :) I was hoping that I'd get the first post. :D

I'm doing well this morning, although I'm a bit tired from lack of sleep. And it's Friday, which is great. I have a fun-filled weekend coming up with two FanForce meets that both allow me to escape Boston for a couple days. I'm really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately it's time for class...bah. :p

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got about 50 minutes to go before home-time :)

8. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    HEY ALL, WELL i'M FIXIN' TO HEAD OUTTA HERE AND GET ON THE ROAD TO GO HANG OUT WITH DARK_JEDI_KAM FOR THE RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL.

Well see if D.C. has any cool stuff to be found, maybe I'll find some Star Wars minatures.

Y'all have a great weekend.

9. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Morning, all. Another fine day at work. At least I have Battlefront to look forward to tonight & I'm hosting an OTC Marathon tomorrow @ my place for the Omaha Fan Force. An entire day of Star Wars with the full blessing of the missus. Gives her an excuse to get out of the house.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey spooky - have a good weekend. Happy hunting!
    craigrr - that sounds like a good weekend to me!

11. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Thanks, you too LAJ. :)

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Say hi to Tim for me Jason. Craig it sounds like a blast. I have not had a big FanForce party in years.
    I am glad that you came by the Cafe and posted Craig !!! Laj I cannot wait for this week to finally end as it has been a crappy one. I am hoping that a
    few friends will be coming by today and tomorrow as
    it would be nice to have some company. No offense to my rabbits :) I need to do more detailing work in the SW room this weekend.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm just the opposite Mike - I want peace and quiet to get through the rest of the OT DVDs this weekend. There I was last night, all set to put ESB on the PC, and AOTC came on Sky Movies. So I opted for Daddy Fett. Will try to do ESB tonight. Might try to play some Battlefront as well.

14. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I don't know what I want, maybe quiet so I can get more points for the game I am playing as members seem to be quiet now on the task front. Probably because we got most completed now...yay us :p

15. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hello everyone!

Someone asked in the last Cafe how everyones DVD day went.My wasn't that great, I had to wait till I got out of school and work before I could get it.I thought one of my friends could take me to get it be non of them could so my mom had to take me :( Im such a loser LOL I didn't get them till like 7:00 at night, then I made a stop at my local comic book shop to get some comics :D

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Better late than not at all, darthspino :)

Well, that's freedom for me now. Catch you later after ESB!

17. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Thanks, Mike. It's good to be back. My Fan Force friends keep razzing me because I haven't been to a meeting or outing in a while so I figure a showing @ my place might make up for it. Besides, it'll give me a reason to get the house cleaned up again.

Battlefront is turning out to be very addictive. I'm not particularly good at it, but man, is it fun. Especially when you have an AT-AT at your disposal. The only real gripe I have with Battlefront is not with the game, but the manual. Whose bright idea was it to print the various control lists in black on a dark grey background?

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well you will not have to worry about me harrassing and asking you so many questions Jeannette so you should be very happy :)

Laj I usually prefer having people over as I love to entertain and now that I am by myself I feel very lonely.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Craig can you believe that I have a XBox hooked up on
    a 52" HDTV and I have never played it [face_laugh]

From what I have seen it looks like a great game :)

20. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    "Craig can you believe that I have a XBox hooked up on a 52" HDTV and I have never played it"

OMG Mike that is s cool! You gotta hit that! :cool:

21. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Dude! What are you doing here on the boards? A set up like that REQUIRES you play sick, leave work(or wherever you are) & go home & play it! Hell, I thought it looked good on my PS2 & a 27" TV. I can only imagine how it looks on a 52" screen.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I bought the XBox for Jeannette when she was here but I never as much as even tried it out as I am more of a home theatre buff...

23. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey Mike, i could stop by with battlefront...

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    that sounds good Jim is it a HDTV 1080 res game as I
    have the HDTV connection for the XBox...

25. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    It sure is Mike....and you can do split screen so we can play at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.