main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's Tap Cafe XIII

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was thinking more of a quick jump in to cool off. The ducks and geese looked like they were enjoying it!

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Les how was the swim :)

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm working on my lovely dark summer tan by hopping into my pool every morning for at least 30 minutes. I was sad, yesterday I pulled on one of my trusty Speedo swimming fins and the back ripped off :_| :_|

So I'll have to buy a new pair when I get paid next :(

4. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Anybody watch the MTV movie awards? The band Gnarls Barkley performed in Star Wars costumes. They played their song "Crazy" which sounds something like 70's era soul music. I was already a fan from hearing them online, but this performance really sealed the deal. If you get a chance to catch a rerun, it's a little over 45 minutes into the show. I highly recommend it to Star Wars fans and fans of interesting music.

5. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Wow...it sure is quiet tonight. I guess I'll go finish that Young Ones DVD I borrowed.

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Good morning RW and others!

Gnarls Barkley is pretty cool, RW. Too bad I missed the awards. But then again, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Tool concert in Dusseldorf! Maynard (the singer) looked just like Travis Barker from Taxi Driver.

It's gonna be another warm and sunny day, which will last at least until Monday. So we're all set for a good weekend!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. We have the same weather here, Incom. Sunny and warm with a bit of a breeze as well. It's supposed to be hot all weekend.

Well, only about 6 hours or so until the World Cup kickoff - Germany vs Costa Rica at 5pm UK time. I'm ready!

8. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Oh yeah, that's due as well :)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - Holland start against Serbia & Montenegro on Sunday at 2pm UK time.

10. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Morning guys! :) Another beautiful day here today too, pity I'm not able to enjoy it though as I'm stuck in the office all ady! Hope the weather lasts into the weekend!

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It is in my area, JED1 - hope it lasts for you as well!

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning folks TGIF !!!

13. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    You said it Mike :) You working this weekend, buddy or are you and Jeannette up to something nice?

14. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    He's probably on call but plans are errmm *thinks* gaming (I'm addicted :p ), going to a nearby farm, me getting my hair cut, watching world cup....I think that is about it...I think [face_worried]

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Pretty similar to me then, apart from the haircut and we all know why that is! lol!

On the gaming front Jeannette, I picked up Tomb Raider Legends for the PSP today so it'll be interesting to see how it compares to our X-Box versions!

16. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol I have too much hair at the moment, I haven't had the money while in London to get my hair cut so it is below my shoulder blades....problem is it is so thick it pulls my head back and hurts my shoulders :(
    Also I keep loosing it because it is so long so hair is all over the place

I haven't played that on anything else, saying that still playing it at the moment. Literally. Just taking a break, I haven't got that far in at the moment. Still on the second levels in the ruins just after the water puzzle.

17. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    You're doing well, it's an awesome game! I've played through it twice so far but the PSP version should be interesting!

I remember the 80's when I had hair below my shoulder blades! happy days!

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    It is annoying me at the moment, I am on that stupid bit of press the buttons that appear on the screen.....I don't think I am hitting them fast enough as she keeps dying....that or the wrong buttons.

lol you can have some of my hair :p

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    You can have some of mine too George as I need a hair cut.

20. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    [face_worried]

Mike, thinking about you and hair just makes me think about "that afro" [face_worried]

[face_laugh]

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    George you would look very distinguished with an afro :)

22. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Good morning everyone. Just stopped into say hello for abit then im going to watch the first game of the world cup hopefully unless I fall asleep. Anyway Its a beautiful sunny day here.

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Should be a good game only know one player from costa rica (paulo wanchope) which really to be honest is not a big threat. As for the germans they have michael Ballack out which is there centre midfielder who pretty much likes to get forward alot and is pretty experienced but his time round they have got some pretty young players this time round as the european championships their average age was quite high.
    I am only watching it cause its a footie game :D

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, Germany has won the first game 4-2. Not really surprised at that outcome. On to Poland vs Ecuador in an hour! (Now for some food..)

25. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, I heard the neighbours yell, when Costa Rica made the 1-1. They're quite the fanatics me thinks. Oh and this is the 5000th post in episode XIII of the cafe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.