main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Happy thanksgiving! Trying to think about what I want to ask for, for Christmas. My fiancé told me I can pick out any sideshow/hot toys 1/6th scale figure I want. I have over a hundred bucks or so in rewards points too.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's a good thing you have points because it doesn't look like they're offering much in the way of sales on SW stuff on their site.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Here's hoping nobody gets trampled tomorrow!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    yeah, it's a very disappointing sale. I may just have her save her money for a Finn or Rey. I just KNOW they're gonna make another Kylo with a helmet-less sculpt.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just strong armed my team at work into picking "Star Wars" as a fandom for some celebration thing that we're doing in June where each work team will have to decorate their cubes for their intended theme. Bwhahahha - they have no idea what they're getting into

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We'll want to see pics of that..

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well since my sister's in the other room watching a "Sharknado" marathon today, I've decided to tackle reorganizing the shrine - I had taken it somewhat apart to take stuff in for our June sci-fi decorating contest at work. I desperately need more shelves, I need 2 more large ones to start and really need them once I'm back from vacation. My Hoth stuff just doesn't have enough room for displaying and I have nowhere for 1/2 of my TFA stuff. I figured out what to do w/ some extra Yoda stuff that I had, so that's my triumph so far for the day. Still working on it. Here are some pics from my office decorations (now long fully disassembled.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My desk - oops forgot to move my camera bag. And yes those are nerf guns everywhere - we have epic nerf battles in my department

[​IMG]

Gamma626 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's rad! Great job :D. I'm betting you weren't the only one with a SW theme?

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    No we were the only Star Wars - they only allowed 1 theme per department. My Little Pony beat us in the voting round....damned Bronies and their big rainbow :mad:

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000

Very nice job Jaina !!! Man I just have my Funko BB8 in my office and that is it. Glad to see after 15 years that the Café is still going strong :)

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I didn't know where to put this, so I'll leave it here.

If you're in the US there is an EBAY user selling hundreds of figures from all collections of Hasbro series. They are all at very low prices and so if you need any particular one have a look and find it because there are plenty of bargains.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reignman7911?rt=nc

I wish I could order but delivery is £10 to the UK so it isn't worth it for me.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - wouldn't be worth it for me either. Has some nice stuff tho.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving for all those celebrating! And time to limber up for those going to Black Friday sales tomorrow!

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bah humbug to crowds, but yay to Turkey day! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The Christmas rush is officially on and less than 2 weeks until Rogue One :)

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We get Rogue One on Dec 15 here in the UK. I've got a 10:15 AM 3D showing noted in my diary.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm hoping that my company is going to pay to send us to see it opening day. They've kind of moved things around so our company meeting is on the 16th which leads me to think that that's going to happen (they sent us to TFA last year and Star Trek this summer.) My sister is going to be out of town until Christmas Eve, so I'd be stuck going by myself to see it otherwise :(

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You must work for a good company if they pay to let you see SF films..

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I love my company - they rent out theaters and pay for us all to go. Usually they do that a couple of times a year. It's a nice perk :)

My gut tells me that we'll be going on the 16th to see "Rogue One".

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. May Santa bring you all the goodies on your list!

Gamma626 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    A belated Merry Christmas Les :)

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Happy Christmas, Mike! I hope Santa was good to you..

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    God this year just continues to suck, suck, suck! Of course this news comes when I'm at work and I can't have a good classic crying fit.

23. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Even though we had a heads up when she had a heart attack, I was still blindsided when hearing she had died. It still hasn't really sunk in yet, and likely won't for a few days.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating the day! I have the equivalent of a UK turkey TV dinner for my lunch later.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    And now we march on to Christmas and the last Jedi :) has everyone got their tickets yet :)