main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Howdy everyone. How was your weekend? I spent it cleaning, aka rummaging and pulling stuff out of places to get rid of.

I worked in my craft room and pulled a couple of boxes of stuff I'd bought to sell that I'm just sending back to charity. Then Saturday I dug in my giant hall closet and found that the not so stable shelves that the previous home owner had put in had collapsed so I dug through there and pulled about 1/2 of the stuff out to get rid of. Then this afternoon I worked in the closet in my SW room to better organize everything that is stored in there. Not really a lot of exciting SW stuff necessarily - lots of empty boxes and my collections of other stuff - Indiana Jones, X-Files, and Superman. But I was happy I moved things around enough that I was able to fit my giant BB-8 Playset box in there.

Now I'm sitting and thinking about how I can reorganize my SW room. I think I need to get my craft room fully cleared out first though because I want to move my giant desk out of my SW room and put it in there or it'll go in our extra room which is currently a junk room.

Winter I'll see about getting finally all of my extra bookshelves I need and want to get another comfy chair to go in there so I can have sitting space to just enjoy the room. Was hoping I could start that this fall but instead, I get to buy a new dishwasher this next weekend :(

I got enough done this weekend that now I'm feeling up to attacking the junk room next weekend. We want to clear it out to make room for a bed so we can have a spare room where my sister can sleep in it in the summer because her room gets too hot and/or have it as a guest room.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    anybody around for chatting. Trying to put off baking a coca cola cake for my daughter and niece's birthday party tomorrow. Not in the mood for baking at the moment

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Coca Cola cake sounds yummy! Did you end up making it?

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    No, I have to admit I wound up asking my daughter if she would be okay with a cookies and cream pie, she said yes!! The problem of the cake was that it involves cooking the icing and I just did not feel up to standing over the stove. I am still going to make it some time by end of March. My sister-in-laws family is expecting it and looking forward to it.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have to start stashing money - they just announced that Jeff Goldblum is coming to Phoenix Fan Fusion in May! Woot! I sooooo need his autographs. I haven't done autographs in years because we always seem to have a giant vacation to save up for in the fall. We don't have a big trip planned this year (that's going to be next year) so I can get autographs again! So far we have great guests - Billy Dee Williams, Elijah Woods, Summer Glau, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Matthew Lewis, and John Barrowman. Our con was rather weak for big guests last year (not the con's fault a lot of the big guests all bailed at the last minute.) This year is looking great!

I might need a photo op w/ Billy Dee - I got great autographs from him last time he was here so I don't need those but I might be up for a photo op w/ him and my Dad. Might see how much a Star Trek originals cast photo would cost and do that w/ Dad also (he's a huge Trekkie.) Might be way out of my price range though.

Not shocking - Jeff autographs are $110 each. So gahhh..... I need 2 at the bare minimum - Jurassic Park and Thor.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I will be heading to Chicago this weekend for Celebration. I can’t wait! I have a James Earl Jones autograph that I will be adding Hayden and Ian to. I have been spending less money on autographs lately as well.
    [​IMG]

7. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    Mission accomplished!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My sister's never been on board to goto a Star Wars Celebration, she heard it was coming back to Anaheim and said "we should go" for next year.

Sadly I had to say, yeah that's not going to happen. If it's in spring again (or even fall) it won't work because we have a very large trip to Europe planned for Summer. I have to save, save, save, for it since we're planning it to be 1/2 cruise and 1/2 land touring.

Any Celebration that I'm going to, I will need PLENTY of money.

Sooooo I'll be waiting for any future Celebrations to come along again to Anaheim that won't conflict w/ years that I'm doing big trips.

I also know for a fact that whenever we decide to to a trip just to Japan I'll need thousands of dollars to take with me. I can buy camera gear for a fraction of the cost since they're made there and yikes to all of the Star Wars collectibles I would want there that again would be a fraction of the price.

9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I would have loved to have gone, and would have been closer this year than any other. I wish they had announced Hayden's appearance a lot sooner.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yesterday I got notice that the feds took my refund and applied it to some past money I owed to my state. Grrrr - you know if that was an option at the time I was doing my taxes I would've actually done that - but I really didn't appreciate them making that choice for me.

Anyway - I was rather down about that, could've used the extra cash. Then I went to check my email before bed yesterday and found one of my larger Tonner doll items in my Ebay store sold and I had a message from another lady asking if I combined shipping because she wanted a few dolls - ended up she bought 24 of them, and I had another Tonner doll sell!

So thank you to everyone ELSE who got their tax refunds to help me out. I'm soooo excited, I have this week off. Was going to go somewhere but we killed our plans. Now I have enough money to goto IKEA this week to go get all of the shelves that I need for my office and Star Wars room. Plus I'm going to assemble my custom SW cabinet this week.

It's going to be a lot of work though particularly since my "craft" room is a disaster at the moment. But when all is said and done - both rooms should look fantastic! Woot! I'll finally be clear of all of the clutter in both rooms that I've had around since we moved here 6 years ago.

cathiecat and Juke Skywalker like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We'll want to see pics when the rooms are done..
    Always good to get unexpected money!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So it looks like craft room will be first. And I'll get my custom cabinet together this week. I'll have to wait until next payday to get the rest of the bookcases that I need for my Star Wars room.

cathiecat likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Looking forward to seeing it

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm officially sick of looking at my craft room. I've been working on it all week and it's not done. I finally have 2 bookcases in it (3 more to go) and still way too many boxes to get to to unload, move around to make room for more stuff to be taken out and put on display. I will be happy when it's done, but right now it just feels like all that I'm doing is shuffling boxes around and not getting anywhere - which isn't true, I have made real progress, but blahhhhhhhhhh....

15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I 've Been there before LOL

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I think I'm about 75% there. I pulled a ton of boxes out of my room and am now down to the bare minimum for adding my last two bookcases. I'll put them together tonight and start loading them. When they're filled I should be down to final cleanup and room set up. I'm hoping to get the shelves set up this evening and have all ready before the weekend.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like you're making good progress then.

18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Slow and steady wins the race. Keep it up and you'll finish.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I put one of my bookshelves together and the side split apart when we were moving it to my craft room. I put it together correctly, not sure what it's problem is. I'm going to smash it between 2 bookcases so it should be fine, we smashed it all back together again once it got put in my room. Damned annoying though. I've never had an IKEA bookcase do that before.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. Can you exchange it for a new one? It sounds faulty to me.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I COULD but that would involve taking it apart completely - hauling all of the heavy particle board pieces out to my sister's truck and taking it back, dragging in another one and putting it together. I think I smashed the dowels in too far on the main pieces. It seems to be doing ok. It hasn't fallen apart in the 2 days that it's been sitting in my craft room so I think pushing the last white one against it and making sure it's good and smashed between shelves will keep it together. I'm only putting dolls on the bookcases, so it's not like they're going to be filled w/ heavy stuff.

I'm going to put the white one together tonight and fill them both.

22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Good Luck!!!!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  23. FearTheFett

FearTheFett Game Winner VIP - Game Winner

Oct 23, 2004
    LAJ_FETT here - needed a place to test something with a sock. Ignore me..

24. FearTheFett

FearTheFett Game Winner VIP - Game Winner

Oct 23, 2004
    And now my test is done.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I've got nearly all of my shelf displays done, I moved my desks to where I want them....and my craft room is really crowded and cramped (the problem w/ it being the smallest room in the house.) I have a ton of extra random boxes to finally sift though, bags of reusable grocery bags to pull out (they take up a lot of room)...I don't know if I'll have room to put my new easel in there so that I can paint in the room. I suppose I can do it, but it'll be really cramped. It's great for my scrap booking and other crafts, but I was really hoping to PAINT in there.

Only other choice would be to takeover the living room and risk A) the wrath of my sister for getting more of my "stuff" out in open areas of the house B) Risk having easel and paint thrown all over as wild hooligan dogs fly unawares through easel's legs - I think I'm just going to have to risk being cramped to work in my craft room.

I still have a bunch of boxes to fully sort out and remove from the room. When I do that it should give the room a little more space so it overall won't feel so cramped. I don't overly care though. I'm happy to have all of my other collectibles out on display finally.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019