main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    FYI!! Anyone that smokes in their home, the cigarette smoke permeates what is in your refrigerator and even worse in the freezer!! And inside the ice cream as well!!!!! I may not ever stop gagging!!!!!

Vialco likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Eww that sounds majorly yucko.

I just got a lot of 3 dolls, seller said she didn't smoke. Get the dolls, they have a funky smell to them. Look at one of the dolls, her legs are orange. Now mind you, this is the EXACT same doll that I had in my smokey bin who I cleaned up and my paper towels came back sunflower yellow from all of the nicotine I pulled off of them. Went to clean new doll's legs - sunflower yellow nicotine. Same thing on the other 2 dolls. (They were the Mattel Starr dolls - Starr, Tracey, and Kelly. I had Starr growing up but never her friends. These 3 are in good shape otherwise, they just came smokey...and Starr has weird stains on her legs that I don't think will come out.)

Seriously I give up. The dolls are weird, their clothes don't stink, I guess it was just their bodies and hair smells a bit weird. I need to refresh all of my desmoker bags. Slowly but surely the dolls are having the smoke smell pulled out of them. I just wish I would stop getting new dolls to replace them.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    cathiecat likes this.
  3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Anyone want to convince me that if I clean my kitchen I can spend money I don’t have on Padmé! Preferably lot’s of it!! I have nothing to look forward to after cleaning my kitchen but a clean kitchen and at the moment that ain’t cuttin it

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I’ve wanted this for so long!! One episode in! So excited to watch second episode but I am exhausted. Going to get up in 7 hours and rewatch first episode with my roommate. It would break his heart if he knew I had watched first without him.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  5. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I’ve been working away a lot, so I hadn’t had a chance to watch Kenobi. I got back on Friday and I’ve seen all four episodes now. Excellent show, at least as good as The Mandalorian. McGregor really brought his A-game.

Jedi Knight88 and cathiecat like this.
  6. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So today is a very depressing day for me. Got a call from my sister who's been in charge of paying for our storage unit. She was late on a payment and they sold it off.

This means I'm now out my remaining Star Wars stuff that had been out there, which included a large batch of creatures and vintage items. I will now have to replace:

Vintage:
    Jabba the Hutt playset (had it in it's box - not mint, but figure was complete.)
    Max Rebo Band playset
    Wompa
    Tauntaun - Taun Taun and Wompa were mine from when I was a kid and still had the boxes :(
    Rancor monster
    Landspeeder
    Snowspeeder

Also
    POTF Falcon in box
    Many newer ships
    My Geonosis critters
    Furry Banthas.....

The list goes on. I had bought 2 sheds w/ the purpose of putting them up so we could move everything from the unit into them. If we needed more sheds we could get them. But my sister has been depressed for a couple of years and has been utterly immobile to get any progress forward on doing this - even w/ the carrot dangling over her that if we emptied it out she wouldn't have to pay for it any longer.

The worst part is everything from my Mom's estate was in there. She had a huge collection of lovely pink kitchen glassware that we could've used.

She left our number w/ the storage people and asked them to give it to the folks who bought our unit. We have TONS of family photos in there. I really hope that we get those back. Honestly the rest of the stuff - whatever, it's replaceable if I want it. Our family memories are irreplaceable. I'm heartbroken which I know will move to anger.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Vialco, cathiecat and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I am Truly sorry PLJ I hope everything will work out

9. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    @PadmeLeiaJaina I’m sorry to hear about that. I hope that the people who bought your unit show some understanding and you get reunited with your family photos and heirlooms.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That sucks, PLJ. I hope you can get some of your things back.

Vialco likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank guys. Apparently they're supposed to leave personal things. So hopefully we'll still get our photos back.

Even though I'm pissed at some stuff that:'s gone, I've come to terms with it....I guess. It's not like I don't have tons of other stuff. I just wish we had a month's notice so we could've gone through things.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Oh Erika! I’m so sorry! It hurts so much to lose items of significant emotional value and also any time I lose collectibles I get really steamed. I hope your sister is getting the help she needs to get over her depression. It is an ugly pest that haunts far too many of us.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My sister is off to pick up our "personal things" that were left behind. Fingers crossed that they found and left all of our photos.

Update: The obvious photos were found. I guess they didn't open the boxes from my Mom's estate which would have held a lot of our photo albums. Hopefully when they find them they'll reach out to us.

My sister said the unit stunk of standing water. So who knows what condition everything was in.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    cathiecat and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I am hope they reach out to you soon

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Happy Canada Day for those celebrating..
    And Happy July 4th for those who will be!

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    And a Happy Weekend to you!

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  17. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Happy weekend to all

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Guh Entertainment Earth is killing me. I had a bunch of Barbies I had pre-ordered that I knew were coming in during July - fine. $160 I had planned that. Then Hasbro got a ton of stuff in early. I just reached out to them trying to get them to put a hold on things until I get paid again. They were able to put a pop on hold. *Sigh.

Mega Millions - please pick my numbers tonight!

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My AT-AT popcorn bucket arrived. It's about 1/2 the size of Kenner/Hasbro AT-AT's which is fine for displaying.
    Also got my VC Droids C-3PO and R2-D2 figures.
    And the first Figrin D'an BS figure showed up.

Hasbro charged me for my VC Lando (Solo) figure so he's on the way. And I have BS Reva processing from Entertainment Earth.

*Sigh. I moved some boxes around to get to one of my shelves. Rather than shove them back, I'm going to try to start hauling them out of the house. I desperately need to get my room organized so all of this new stuff can go up on shelves.

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I have a question Mods If this is the wrong thread I am Sorry

I recently purchased Star wars High republic tempest runner and on the title page it said First edition and First printing I was wondering what that meant. All responses are appreciated:)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Means it came out in the first run printing of the book and that it's a First Edition. Basically, say a year from now if they decided to reprint the book in hardback, that would be a second printing. Great examples to see next printings are the hardcover Harry Potter books. If you go into a bookstore now and pick up any of those books in hardback (original covers) all will say crazy things like 45th, 97th printing etc. First Editions are those that belong to the initial first run publish of the book.

Generally you can get a lot of the Star Wars books as First Editions. But there are those that aren't going to be First Editions - example reprints or book club editions. If a book is super popular to warrant a second or third printing those editions won't say First Edition in them. Here's some more reading on the subject.

First editions are highly sought after by collectors. They can go up in value if you can get the author to sign it also.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks for the Info I really appreciate it:)

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Just bought the Black Series Darth Vader helmet today, and it is glorious!!
    The accuracy is incredible. Gonna look amazing displayed on my shelf.

The box is so enormous, I had to carry it home in a rubbish bag lol.

24. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    But you've got the helmet and thats what matters

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So my sister and I are ready to move from Arizona. We want seasons again and are sick of the heat. We want to be close to nature. It looks like moving might take 2 years - that being the case I'm going to work on getting my shrine room back in order. That will actually make it easier for me to pack it up when the time comes. I've bought so much stuff since the Pandemic that I'm not sure of what all that I have. I rather need to get everything out so that I can see what all I have and what I can purge. I've bought stuff from thrift stores over the years, I really need to take a hard look at stuff and decide what I need and don't need. Example - I have a ton of Darth Maul stuff...he's not really a fav character of mine, do I need everything with him? (Answer - probably yes, because the stuff I have is awesome :p ) As it is overall a lot of my shelves are really over crowded, they could use some editing. I also have stuff crammed in boxes in my closet that I don't display - that stuff needs to be seriously looked over.

A lot of the houses in Colorado (where we are looking to move) have finished basements. We figure that would be where we would put a family room for TV and all of my collectibles and my sister's massive Blu-Ray and DVD collection (my non-SW collectibles can get mixed in w/ the DVDs.) I will likely end up with more room for my stuff to be displayed, but I wouldn't mind lightening the shrine some to make it look more intentional w/ displays rather than being crammed.

I also figure if I get a full office room my Star Wars books will go there so that will also free up more display room for my shrine downstairs.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.