main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't know how they can stop people. Everyone just takes pics/videos w/ their phones.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    When I went to R2DToys smart phones weren't a thing yet. So any camera would have been obvious. (They did ask that no photos be taken. I think it was for security reasons since we were in their warehouse.)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We'll have to see if I go or not. It's an hour drive to get there from where I am and I'm on call for my work. So I really shouldn't be more than 15 minutes from my house.

If I don't go it's not the end of the world.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I remember being on call for work. I was in IT so I was first contact if we had database issues. And inevitably it was usually around 3AM. (It was an air freight company so things were 24/7).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Man, **** cancer.

A woman I went to high school with was married w/ 4 boys. Within a few months a few years ago she and her husband both learned they had different kinds of cancer. Her husband passed this fall and I just found out that Jessica died a few days ago. Her poor boys are orphans, they're not that old - maybe in their 20's. She had mentioned that she was really struggling with her own cancer treatments when her husband died. I had a feeling her time wasn't long; but crap, I feel so bad for her family. Her parents were ranchers out by where I went to high school. I remember having dinner at their house once and guzzled (what felt like) gallons of amazing, fresh milk. She wasn't a best friend of mine in high school but we got along. We played sports together, were in the same classes (my high school class was only 40 students so that was bound to happen,) worked on the yearbook together, and went on a school trip to DC together. I can still hear her laugh. I enjoyed finding her on FB years later. She and her family went to live in Barcelona for a year, I enjoyed watching their adventures. I just feel horrible for the people she left behind, particularly her boys who will have to face adulthood without their parents.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I will keep them in my thoughts

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, PLJ. My condolences to their families.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank you both. She's the first of my classmates (that I know of) who have died. Man, being around 50 is NOT old.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not these days, anyway.

Jedi Knight88 and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  10. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    That’s a real shame, PLJ. Cancer is a cruel disease. A friend of mine lost his parents in very similar circumstances a few years ago. It was hard, but people rallied around and he came out the other side. I hope your friend’s boys also have a good support system to help them through this.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm sure they do. Once their Dad passed I'm sure contingency plans were put into place for once their Mom went too.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I officially started the job of moving my boxes filled w/ empty boxes that have been sitting useless in my SW room out to my shed. Next time I have to remember to wear better shoes. But a dozen boxes have been moved. Only about 3-4 more trips to get them all out of my room.

It's not so easy. The flooring is completely uneven in the shed and I have a full second shed that is inside it's box sitting cockeyed right in the middle of the floor of the assembled shed. (It's OK to a degree, it's not getting wet being there, but it's way too heavy for me to move.) So I get to put stuff around it for now and wait until I have $$ to get the other shed assembled and out of the way. I don't want to step on it and risk ruining it. I should be able to get all of my boxes in there w/o a problem. It's just a pain hauling our cart across our very uneven back yard, having to reassemble everything after 1/2 of the boxes have flown off of the cart because it's flat and bouncy, ducking to get into the shed and putting things in there. Before I started putting things in I checked and there wasn't any water damage on the floors. When I'm done I'll get tarps to put over everything. And I'm putting plastic tubs on the bottom layer in case rain soaked through the MDF flooring. I can actually see my ANH Detolf and part of my huge bookcase w/ my Yodas in it. It's been eons since I've seen that.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Good Luck moving

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well it's just the boxes filled with empty boxes that are getting evicted out of my house, I'm not going anywhere. lol

15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Operation update shrine room is underway. The only box left in there now is my huge Jabba box. Boxes are on my porch this weekend we'll haul them all into the shed. Then I have to start organizing boxes. I will need 1 new bookcase to start me off so that I can put away tons of books. Those boxes being gone will open up space to move stuff around. The cases that were hidden behind the boxes are all exposed again.

Jabba won't fit where I had planned to put him, so he'll be hanging off of a Billy unless I can think of something else.

Things are progressing finally. I think I'm going to be parting with a bunch of SWPops. I just don't have room to display them all. I plan to take a long hard look at the stuff on my shelves and pull out stuff that doesn't grab me anymore.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  17. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Anyone know what happened to Eaglemoss Collections?

I pre-ordered something from them back in '22, never heard anything since. I also can't seem to access the website.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I have not heard anything

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Eaglemoss.
    They went out of business in 2022. The linked article has some information on other firms reviving their projects.
    You can also see an interview with their head of licensing at this link. Not sure how you'd go about getting your money back though. If you paid by credit card you could try asking your card's provider.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Did a bit of digging - here are the administrators for Eaglemoss. @Jedi Bluth - if you are owed money you could also try contacting them if your credit card provider can't help..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    Jedi Bluth likes this.
  21. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
  22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  23. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I agree :boba:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    LAJ_FETT and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  24. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    So I'm contemplating selling off some figures of characters that I don't like. Anyone have any advice?

25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    You could try E-bay