main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Aw, Saturday's almost over [face_tired]. Watched the China F1 GP qualifying this morning, picked up our new laundry dryer and hauled it upstairs with help from our neighbour. The weather's great, as was the case with the last couple of weekends.

Other than that I've been kinda lazy, playing a few rounds on my PSP and having fun with Linet. Of course, some minor chores on our attic as well.

Coming week Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is due to come out for PSP only o_O

I also saw some ads for a new PS3, which is priced 200 euros cheaper than the first edition. So far, the only difference I could find was the smaller HD (40GB instead of 60).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    France have beaten New Zealand by 20-18 to turf the AllBlacks out of the Rugby World Cup! Today has been a day of upsets, for sure. Both of the beaten teams were favorites to win. So England play France next weekend in one of the semi-finals.

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone and nice to see Jedi_ Liz posting in here :) We had a nice time visiting my folks. We even bought some.....Christmas decorations. Yes I know what you are all saying, I am nuts 8-} the decorations were very unique and those of you out there that know me also know that I am a Christmas elf :) It is very hard to focus on Halloween when Christmas decorations start appearing in the stores.

I have server work starting in 6 hours and running right into the morning. I am also going to start cooking for Thanksgiving lunch ( Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday )
    It is going to be a busy night :)

4. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    My boyfriend bought a Nintendo DS today. Now we can play against each other. I think I'm more excited about it than he is! :p I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass -- ordered my copy online and should see it by Tuesday. I forgot that Monday was a holiday or I probably would have picked it up locally. :oops:

I'm just starting to think about Christmas, Mike. Need to start on my shopping. Last year I waited till the last minute (I'm usually done by Thanksgiving at the latest) and I'm never doing that again!

I grabbed one of the Boba Fett Character Keys that's being offered over at SWS. Looks sweet!

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I forgot that your boyfriend was visiting Ruth. How long is he staying for.

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm watching "CARS". [face_love] What a great movie. [face_love]

7. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    I'm watching Dark Angel, season 1.

Jessica Alba. [face_love]

8. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Cars is great fun! I especially like that little Italian car and his sidekick. Very funny [face_laugh]

9. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Cars is one of my favorite movies. "He did WHAT in his cup?!" [face_laugh]

My boyfriend isn't sure how long he's going to be here yet, Mike. He's aiming for a week, but might be able to stay for 10 days depending on his work schedule.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I hope that you both have a great time together Ruth. I know all about having a long distance relationship.

My server work has begun. I am hoping to be done in 5 hours.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Morning all! Cloudy here but not cold. More rugby today - South Africa vs Fiji this afternoon and Scotland vs Argentina tonight. If Scotland make it through they could end up playing England for the final - assuming both teams won their semi-finals.

12. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Boy, Lewis Hamilton sure knows how to please F1 fans [face_laugh]. He was well on his way to secure the World Title, when all of a sudden his right rear tyre showed considerable wear and he practically limped to the pit area. But right before entering the pit lane he went off into the gravel and didn't get out! Raikonnen won, with Alonso second, so now we have one race left and still three contenders for the World Title!

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That would be a great match Les. Let's keep our fingers crossed :) Incom he is an amazing driver. Sorry I am suffering from lack of sleep. My work last night was really messy and I ran into several problems. The is in the oven so I am going to try and get a little sleep.

14. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Oh cool, the "Guess what Mike's got in the oven" game! o_O

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Probably a turkey, at least. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

16. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I see :) What do the Canadians say thanks for then?

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    [face_laugh] I see I left out a vital word in my last email. Yes it was a turkey. As a Canadian I would say that there is alot that I am thankful for :) I will be greatful for a good night's sleep after being up for 24 hours.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. it's cloudy but dry here and the forecast is for 60s F. I'm thinking of taking a wander into town after lunch. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, I had a decent night's sleep although I did keep Jeannette awake :eek:

20. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Well, Monday's almost over. On my way to work I drove straight into a 8 mile traffic jam. A year or two ago, I was hardly bothered by traffic jams, but more and more those become more of an everyday occurance. Tomorrow I will attend a congres for work. I've got a first class train ticket, so that should be relaxing. I'm a bit under the weather though. Hopefully a hot shower and a good night's sleep will remedy that.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all! It's a rainy day here. I think every woman with a screaming brat was in Sainsburys this morning. And still no Wave 4 there - just Chewies, Biggs and Vaders..

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    [face_laugh] Good morning Les :)

23. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Good afternoon everyone!

24. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    good "not really afternoon anymore but not quite evening" :)

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well it is evening now :) I these short weeks. Jeannette and I are starting to get our place ready for Halloween. Our party is on October 27th if any of you want to come :)