main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. BISMARCK

BISMARCK Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2001
    No doubt there is already a topic on this somewhere, but that's not the point. Point is, HALO kicks ass. I don't even have an X-Box, and I've only played one once. But those 2 hours playing HALO with my friends was awesome. I didn't think any action game could get better than Perfect Dark. I was wrong. This is awesome. Driving those Jeeps around with the machine gun blasting is priceless.

HALO = genocidal carnage = good stuff.

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Nah,

I still think there are better Games.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I played Halo for the first time on Sunday. It only kept my attention for a good 5 minutes. What's so interesting about this game?

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I thought this was monotonous garbage.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yay, we agree.

But I say "rubbish" is a more fun word to say.

6. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Halo r0x0rz. BISMARCK is the man.

7. teri

teri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 1999
    xbox sux and so do they games, MGS2 rulZ!!

8. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    They're just jealous cause we get to play the best FP shooter of all time and they wasted their money on inferior machines :p

Halo rocks, especially on a big screen HDTV in 5.1 Dolby surround. Anytime I feel stressed out I take a day off of work and do'er to'er. You've got to play more than 5 or 10 minutes to fully appreciate this game. It owns Perfect Dark and Half-life. But for all you "Halo sucks" kinda guys, the next Half-Life is coming to the Box as well so enjoy your Pokemon and your 3rd person games while we game in style. :cool:

9. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree. It's unfortunate that the first level is the worst in the game. You guys should give Halo another try. Once you get deeper into the game, you get into the "holy **** this is awesome!!!" frame of mind.

10. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Halo is a fantastic game. There's a lot of depth to it, but the real fun is wasting some other person. :)

I think the first level is alright, the worst level is when you're in that damn labyrinth fighting the Flood. It's just the same corridor over and over.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "There's a lot of depth to it, but the real fun is wasting some other person."

Interestingly enough, there are hundreds of other games out there that allow you to do the same.

12. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Really? What's a good, modern FPS on a console that lets you do that? I really can't think of too many.

13. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    The Co-op is alot of fun, cause you can clear a room then take out your partner for "accidentily" throwing that grenade too close to you. We actually played half of the game on Co-op as a head to head battle royal competition to see who died the least, with the covenenant being a minor nusciance to deal with.

14. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, co-operative is where it's all at in Halo. I really loved the last level, too. Put those together, and it's a blast.

15. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    The last level is awesome. As is co-op.

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    HALO can be summed up in one word.... INCREDIBLE. :D The co-op is awesome. Its so much more fun to have a partner on different levels. HALO RULES!!!!!! :cool:

17. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I beat the game failry quickly on easy mode, then went back with my brother and beat everything on hard. It was a blast, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more. I haven't given any of the other multiplayer modes a fair shot yet, though.

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You mean James?

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yes, James.

I remember when you played my brother in JK. lol

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I remember that. I know all the names in your family except your mom's, as well as your last name. :D

TEH POWA!

21. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    you need to play a slayer pro game on net with like 16 people to see how good halo is

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I was playing with 16 people.

I have played JO with 24 people. :D

And JO is more fun with 4 people than 16 on Halo. :p

23. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    24??? Pfft. Try playing Tribes 2 with 60 people.

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sorry, I have failed you DUM.

\\bows humbly\\

25. Mas_Amedda

Mas_Amedda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    HALO in my opinion is the best multiplayer game out. The cooperative makes the game so much better. I have beaten it a countless number of times though when I have someone to play cooperative with I'm up for it.