main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Maybe it's kid Reese they are protecting, before he time traveled?

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Every time a timeline discussion comes up with multiple diverging/alternate timelines occur I think of this:

So, I'm thinking they'll just simplify the continuity and alternate timeline issues and ignore the Terminators films 3-5 and just make this a direct sequel to T2, where Sara is convinced she stopped Judgement Day as it was her goal in T2. And me just reading too much into that Hollywood Reporter interview above, Tim Miller is just going to use modern day technology for the new arrival of Judgement Day. I mean, alot of online jokes are about Elon Musk creation of Skynet.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would be the original 2029 timeline that's gradually collapsing because of the events of the first two films. Think Back to the Future where the future is gradually being erased because Marty's parents are being prevented from getting together. That would basically be the premise here. The original 2029 is gradually being erased because of the events of the T1 and T2. Skynet is attempting to stop this by killing Kyle Reese thus preventing him from ever going back in time to protect Sarah Connor.

The hiccup with this idea is the fact that Kyle and Sarah didn't meet in the future. She was dead by the time he's sent back.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe Sarah and co. protect Kyle's mother who's pregnant with him, and she dies during the attempt to stop Skynet (ala Kyle Reese dying to help protect her in the past)? Would come full circle, so to speak.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That could work. And the next film is protecting Kyle himself. Just like T1 and T2. :p

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Now that's something I didn't think about; Kyle's mother. Could she be the other woman who Sarah is with (besides the cyborg) in the released photo?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The hiccup with that is that there shouldn't be any record of Kyle's mom because he was born after Judgment Day IIRC. I mean, Skynet couldn't figure out which Sarah Connor was John's mom and just went to the phone book to kill all of them. Additionally, I think the only people that knew who John's father was Reece are Sarah and John and I don't think they would go around telling people about it, so they would have to come up with something to make that information relevant and fall into Skynet's hand.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Somehow they knew in Salvation, even though that movie isn't "canon" anymore.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'll take your work for it. I don't remember much of anything from that film. I do have it recorded on my DVR. I may watch it again sooner than later.

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    From what I remember, John was only #2 on Skynet's hit list, with Kyle being #1.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do you mean in "Salvation", John was #2? I thought John was the leader of the resistance.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Going from what you remember, I'm thinking Skynet found out that Kyle was the soldier that went back in time and stop the T-800 from killing Sarah Connor and thus he caused the future/timeline to change as a result. Now I'm more interested in seeing Salvation again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    He was by the end of the film. Michael Ironside was one of his superiors, if not the leader of the Resistance.

Spoilers for those who haven't seen it:
    They intercepted a code/signal that seemingly weakens Skynet. However, when they activate it, it turns out to be a ruse, allowing Skynet to locate them. Only Ironside's character and his immediate support staff activated it, therefore the entire Resistance wasn't wiped out.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Kyle Reese being sent back in time causes ripple effects through the future timeline. Skynet is now aware of his existence and importance. Even before Judgment Day it could be compiling lists of Reese's who could be his future parents. Then once Judgment Day occurs they could systematically eliminate all these targets one by one until they happen upon the correct one when the film starts.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah; but that's too redundant of the original Terminator, isn't it?

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I guess. But it also makes sense that Skynet would use the same tactic.

PCCViking likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    True; but who uses a phone book in the 21st Century?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh I doubt it'd be a phone book. I was thinking more along the lines of social security numbers, credit card information, etc. It wouldn't be a Terminator physically looking through information but more Skynet as an artificial intelligence having access to all the information in the world stored via computers and such.

EHT and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Awww see Sarah and the T-800 do eventually get along!

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Jeez, what happened to Arnold (unless that's part of the movie)?

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I believe both the beard and the battle damage is Terminator-related. It'd be funny if Sarah and the Terminator were basically a bickering old married couple, although similar to the bickering father/daughter relationship in Genisys.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ‘Terminator’ Reboot to Face ‘Charlie’s Angels’ in November 2019

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know this should be another thread, but three Bosleys in Charlie's Angels? Jeez. The original movie was fine with Bill Murray; then the sequel got Bernie Mac to play his, um, half brother (who took over the role completely)?

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    From what I understand, the new take on Charlie's Angels is they are some sort of global organization like the Kingsman turned out to be. So, each office/branch of Charlie's Angels has their own "Bosley."

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Kristen Stewart as an angel kills it for me. Neither of these films are getting my money, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.