main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comfort Inn & Suites - Official Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Joker, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Oh, wow! It looks like I won't have to blast Duel of the Fates from a stereo in my room, afterall. Evidently, the Circle City Chorus will be providing that for us!

See the story here!

Kor-ah! Mat-ah! KOR-AH! RAT-MA-TAAAAH!!!

2. jcarlisle

jcarlisle Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Hello every one,

This is great!!!!!!! I am from Dayton and not part of any group.I just happen to book a room at the Comfort Inn.I will be getting there on Thursday early.I want to walk the city a little bit.I am from Indy but have not been there for about 15 years.
    I am really looking forward to SWC II.I think a party with Storm Troopers might be alot fun.So,what kind of hors d'oeuvre does the Empire serve.

Joe

3. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Mon Calimari and crackers. ;)

4. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Buahahahaha!!

Ok...Now you can tell just how giddy I am...LOL

How many days left?

5. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I just saw the article 'bout the chorus being at C2...

Man, talk about goosebumps! That's gonna be so awesome! It'll be a good $12 spent!!

6. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I cant wait til I get to Indy and see my old friends and make new ones... That Inn is going to be full of STAR WARS fans... oh well for the Business people who have to be at the crack of dawn for their meetings... VIVA LA' STAR WARS!

7. jcarlisle

jcarlisle Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh......so that's what the Empire did with them.

Joe

8. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    You suppose there's any chance I can have an Emperor's Throne installed in my room? Is Comfort Inn that accommodating?

9. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    If you get one, everyone will want one.....

It won't be pretty....{Lightsabers, force lightning, blasters... oh my)

[face_laugh]

10. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Better curb your the wookies then. Wookies + Alcohol = that Throne going out a window. Of course, it would still be fun to watch.

11. CaptainJia

CaptainJia Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey everyone! I was also part of Moff's Destination: Denver for Celebration I.

So far it looks like part II is going to kick some bantha booty! I can't wait for all the toys and goodies (I'm DEFINATELY nabbing one of those purple sabers--the duels in the parking lot would have been 10 times as grand with one or two of those and a couple of the maul ones...).

Anyway, see you all there!

Indoors!

With no rain!

12. Leia800

Leia800 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2000
    Heya Moff! I know Im pretty late in responding but I've been waaay too busy. I just wanted to say Hi to all my Denver buddies and let everyone know that I'm still working on nailing down my plans for Indiana. Can't wait! It's been three years...we've got lots of catching up to do. Anyone up for a lightsaber battle in the parking lot with me? [face_devil]

13. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Excellent! The gang's all here.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

14. darthroc247

darthroc247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Marselles Coe from San Antonio will be there!!!! I just hope you guys don't mind a complete geek reciting every line from Empire!!! The Budget Inn is cheap too, but you gotta love those king size rooms. And they are under construction, too!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

15. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    I have divined the future. While this isn't certain, I will also put odds next to each event, for the likeliness of it to happen.

1. There will be another "Pickle" chant, followed shortly thereafter by "Woobidy Woobidy Woobidy" 3 to 1 odds.

2. Someones going to get silly sprayed. 2 to 1. Odds of it being me, even money.

3. There will be a lightsaber duel in the parking lot, hallway, room, or lobby. Even money

4. Said lightsaber duel will be a melee that causes not less than 3 complaints. 3 to 1 odds.

5. Moff Joker will hold all of us spellbound with his utterly amazing Uncie Palpy impersonations. No bets

6. There will be no less than 10 cases consumed during the weekend of Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, and Diet Dr. Pepper. 4 to 1 odds

Anyone else have a prediction to add to the list? Heck, lets hear it!

16. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Just ten cases of Mountain Dew, eh? So what the heck are the rest of you going to drink?!?

:D

17. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    Better make it 20 cases, and bring the odds down to 3 to 1. Just in case. Then again, I do remember a bunch of us practically living off that stuff in Denver.

18. CaptainJia

CaptainJia Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I seem to remember a certain 'Duel of the Snores' back in Denver. I highly suggest everyone rooming with either Trem or Tom (TDHA) pack a couple sets of ear plugs and a decible reader. Oh, and an extra pair of shoooooooooooes!

19. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Boo hoo. Everyone's going to be partying at the Comfort Inn and I haven't heard of a single person yet who's staying at the Econo Lodge like my group. It must be pretty crappy. Oh well.

20. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Hey, I miss you guys!!!!!!!!! Can you believe we're going to be in Indianapolis re-creating the fun of Denver in about two months!?! Let's make this time even funner! I look forward to seeing all the old & meeting the new!

(Hello Trem, Jia, DL, Leia, and Moff!!!!!)

21. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I have since learned to control my snoring...thank you very much, Jia.

As for the choices of beverages...If I recall correctly...I was a Pespi/Coke man, and probably drank 2 cases myself in Denver... As for Lightsaber Dueling...

We ALL know who the Master is... Don't we? ::looks in Mirror:: That's right...ME! Any takers???

22. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Hmmm. That depends. If you're wearing your leather Darth Maul jacket and have a double-bladed lightsaber, I'd say the odds favor you. However, if I'm in possession of a purple lightsaber and my Sith cloak, the odds are even again.

Celebration Concert ticket: $12
    3-day pass to the Celebration: $75
    5 nights at the hotel: $225
    Gulping down an entire 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew and then beating the crap out of TDHArtist with a purple lightsaber while he's asleep snoring at an astounding 6.7 on the Richter Scale: Priceless

:D

23. Tremaniac

Feb 26, 2002
    For the record, I don't snore, I simply breath in a new and as yet undiscovered language. Of course, I happen to be sleeping while I do it. And methinks I'll have to pick up a lightsaber or three before my plane takes off. Of course, we could always take another detour to the local Toys R Us (someone needs to find out where it is ASAP!). There will be mischief, I have forseen it. MOWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

24. DarkGuri

DarkGuri Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Greetings to all my old friends, and to any of you I haven't met yet. I was a part of Destination Denver previously... wow... 3 whole Years ago!

Both Myself & my husband (Jason or COBRA whichever you prefer) will be going to the Celebration in Indiana. My brother in law lives there, so we will stay with him for a while, but we don't want to miss out on all the fun! Count on us in a hotel room Friday & Saturday nights, sleepless, delerious with excitement and laughter! Ahhh.... I too remember the origonal "Duel of the Snores" between two of our Dark Lords (YES TREM & DL - YOU!)... Who can forget Attack of the Killer Bunnies on the TV... as well as the classic chugging Dew contests and balancing spoons on noses (and chins and cheeks!)

I am thrilled to be going! Jason and I will be coming on the same plane as Jia, but will stay with his brother for the first bit of time we are there.

One question... I dont want to sound stupid, but that is somthing that I tend to do anyways. Hee. Anyhoo... Are we going to call eachother by our real names, screen names? Last time we had a fairly interesting mixture of the two, as well as adopting new versions of names along the way. (I.E. Yaddle = Yads HA!) I for one dont mind being called Guri, infact, it was kind of fun during the last Celebration. It is what many know me as... and I still call Moff, well, Moff! Anyone else object? Just one of those random thoughts that flows through my poor little brain. :)

I can't wait to see my old friends again, meet some old friends for the first time (AK!) as well as meet some of ya that I have never really heard of before. :)

Take Care and Keep in Toutch!

=Guri/Bekie=

25. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Guri: I think we'll pretty much all answer to either one! I'll answer to Christy, Misty, Glymmer, hey you, etc.
    (P.S. it's good to hear from you too)

All I have to say is that Moff and I will both be bringing digital camera's and we've got to have group pictures like we did last time!!!! Those were great!

Trem: Are you bringing the ole' video camera again? First dibs on a copy of the tape!

See you guys soon!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.