main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Comic Artist Mark Spears

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MarkSpears, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkSpears

MarkSpears Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Hi Guys! Just signed up on the fourms and wanted to say how much I enjoy the fan art section. Great stuff. For those of you who don't know me, I've worked for Image comics and currently working with Corgi creating Marvel licensed statues based on my designs, artwork and style. Hopefully if I have enough time soon I will be doing some more sequential art. Take a look at my stuff and let me know what you think. www.markspears.com I'd love to hear from you. Again, great forum.

Many thanks!

Mark

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/hulkvseveryone.jpg]

2. liambauckham

liambauckham Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    amazing work

3. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Thanks!

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Mark, welcome to the forum, and wow on your work! I love the action in this, and the fact that everyone is diving into the fight but Spiderman, who's hanging out there in mid-air, just observing thus far! [face_laugh] Great style and beautiful linework--it's quite obvious you're a professional! Any Star Wars-type pieces to share? We'd all love to see some in this style--it'd be awesome, I'm sure! Thanks for participating here, and again--welcome!

FF

5. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
    dont suppose you would want to do a sketch for my project would ya?

6. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Here are a few commissioned sketch cards I have done with Star Wars Characters..

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/yoda627.jpg]

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/fettcommission.jpg]

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/maul509.jpg]

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/sw408.jpg]

www.markspears.com

7. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    What kind of project?

8. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
  9. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Send me an email about what you would like, pencil, inked or inked and colored and I will give you my commission rates.

trademarkstudios@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Mark

10. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
    yes ha ha the check is in the post ha ha

wuold you accept my sister as payment

11. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    How pretty is she? hahaha

12. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
    well actually as an only child i couldnt say

didnt mean to screw you around a min ago but a part of the challenge on my project is to make it for as little as possible, the film at the mo has cost £20 hoo yaa

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Umm...I don't think "sisters-as-chattel" is allowed here in the forum... [face_worried] ;)

On to the sketch cards: WOW!! Awesome work on those!! The colored ones look like ink and markers--or were they colored digitally? Maul is fabulous--but my favorite is the pencil Aayla--you've given her a much more "Jedi-like" bearing here, rather than the coquettish demeanor we often see for her. Just wonderful! This is going to be a thread I have to keep up with, I can see! :D Beautiful stuff! =D=

FF

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let's be careful that this thread doesn't turn into a request thread and steer things off topic. :)

Welcome to the Fan Art forum, Mike! It's a real honor to have another artist working in the field drop by. I hope you plan to stick around. :)

Your art is really amazing. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share it with us!

15. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
    gotta love the fett-man. i rather admire your trooper too

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! Your art is fabulous! I really look forward to seeing more of your Star Wars drawings!

AG88

17. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the comments. If there are any Marvel fans out there, my first statues go on sell in May. I don't do many Star Wars pieces, only when someone commissions them from me. When drawings is what you do for a living it is hard to find time to draw something jut for the fun of it. Now that I have a place that I can show it off, I may try and do a few Star Wars pieces if I find some time. There are many characters out there that I have never drawn and would like to.

18. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    They were all colored with ink and marker on 3.5 x 2.5 trading cards. Thanks!

19. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Well, if you are looking for suggestions, I am a huge Luke and Mara Skywalker fan. I would love to see drawings of them.

AG88

20. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Mike? Who's Mike? hahah. I have been a big fan of force.net since it first started. I would reat the forums for info on the coming movies but never signed up. Glad I did. Lots of great people here.

21. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Wow, come to think of it, I guess I have never drawn Luke Skywalker before...oh wait...once years ago for a comic submission, I did use him in one frame. Now this was back in 94 so it was not that good.

[image=http://users.nehp.net/mspears/Marks%20Pics/starwars2.jpg]

I wouldn't mind getting a few Star Wars sketches together and shop them around to see if I can get some licensing work. It is just hard to get in contact with the right people, usually they contact you, thats how I got the Marvel statues job.

22. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    I checked out your work. Nice stuff! I saw that you used Poser and Bryce. After Ultiman #1 for Image comics came out back in 2002, I was hired to start up a Computer Animation division for a company. They were getting into Children's programming and were also trying to do special effects for movies. I used Poser, Bryce and mainly Lightwave. It was a great learning experience and I stayed there two years. The company was wanting me to relocate and I decided I wanted to get back to doing freehand artwork.

23. liambauckham

Jul 11, 2005
    what do you mean it wasnt that good it was effing amazing

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    *slaps forehead* :oops:

Ugh, sorry...typo. :p

Welcome, Mark

25. MarkSpears

Feb 8, 2006
    Well I remember a few editors yelling at me.."This is horrible!" Haha. But I liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.