main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Replacement Killers

Temugin, Black Knight / Death's Head II, Ares, Super Skrull, Selene, Indigo [Brainiac 8], MODOK, Namor, Bastion, Post (Kevin Tremain)

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    [Not Brainiac 8]

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's your whole team? It's small...

(which IS what she said...)

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That's actually a very big team. Every character not Brainiac 8.

Talisman, Invincible, Hercules, Monica Rambeau, Hellstrom, Plastic Man, Radioactive Man, Metamorpho, Starlord/Rocket Raccoon, Guardian

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    DCs profile on her says she is Brainiac 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Indigo is a separate personality matrix. They are distinct personas. They're capable of different things (though, admittedly, not that much). Her profile also says that Brainiac 8 hates the Indigo personality. If she's on the list as Indigo, then that is, based on draft precedence, all we should consider.

That's all I'm saying. I just seem to recall a huge kerfuffle about someone picking someone named something else at one point, and no one wanting to give that someone any credit for any feats accomplished under the non-list name.

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I seem to recall the same event, which was, in my mind, apples to these oranges. At least, its been B8 to this point and to change now I think would be unwise.

Plus the other time was totally ridiculous on several levels. And the person with that character arranged his team in such a way that he deserved to lose.

The real travesty came in the finals...

I would add that this also means you get the Brainiac 8 personality. Which at this team is maybe better.

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You're ridiculous on several levels, yet here we are.

Also that team was unbeatable.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I presume we are referring to Marvel Boy/Quasar.

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I think I agree with EF on this after more reading.

Especially once you consider that the character picked from the draft list was listed as Indigo, not Indigo/brainiac 8. That is a distinction dp4m added on his own.

Edit: actually a bit torn on second thought. We allow Machine Mans upgrade feats and that is a distinctly separate personality.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I specifically clarified which Indigo it was with Inty prior to drafting as I thought it may be the Purple Lantern, FYI.

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    And he said Brainiac 8 indigo?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Assuming Inty is okay with me reposting this part of our PMs:

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Of course, because if you're making the distinction between a purple lantern and the robot, she is "brainiac 8". But indigo is a separate character, to the point of actual brainiac 8 disliking her.

Yak is right, though. This is apples to oranges. Wonder boy/quasar, at least, was the same character, whereas this is more like an iron giant situation.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This is no different than that, carol danvers, hulk, Rachel summers, or any other character we've ever said "no, they're on the list as x, they don't get y feats", and I don't see where she's been judged or it being mentioned specifically that anyone was taking this as her after her switch from good to evil, so I don't know how you can say we've been doing that the whole time.

This is of little importance, obviously. It doesn't change much. I'll say things about my own team later.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    If commish said Brainiac, that works for me. We can make an ironclad rule for next time. Also for next time what if we drafted from who is now available and really got some good new fights?

EF can you get or just refer to a couple off-earth events for Talisman?

DP I need the best u have on Ares.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'll dig them up, but I've already mentioned them: dreamqueen's realm specifically is a fairly good one. She also travels to the spirit world plenty, which is no more connected from earth than this Asgard.

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    If Inty specified, ten I would view it te same as Machine Man's upgrade which we have allowed.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Machine man is still machine man after that upgrade. He's still Aaron stack to the present.

There is so much precedence on this scenario I don't see how it could be considered anything other than ironclad. Ignorance of the facts (though I'm pretty sure I brought it up before now, and no one has specifically referred to her being the wvil version) means we ignore the facts when they are presented? They're the most different something inhabiting the same body can possibly be. It's not just a name change, it's an entirely different character, and it's not listed.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Machine Man seemed to more more of a sentinel than Aaron Stack at that time.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Except that stack has appeared since and he's not a sentinel.

He also hasn't displayed those abilities since, really.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

May be a small while as I'm on vacation in England at the moment. Realistically, I think there were some scans a while back I posted where Ares successfully defeated Hercules in a fight, in addition to the normal ones (nuke to the face, lighting himself on fire and launching himself at Latervia, etc.).

In addition, he's the one who planned the invasion of Asgard (which was comic Asgard, so may or may not have bearing here).

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Exactly, he was a different personality at that time yet we still use those feats. Seems a lot like the Brainiac 8/Indigo situation to me.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He didn't defeat him in that fight. Herc goes on to win even.

Should we use those feats? If he continues to display them after, sure. But is that Machine Man's peak? I don't know, does he continue to show those abilities? I don't think he has. If you're judging a sustained peak...that's not really it, except there's no evidence to show that he was ever separated from the sentinel machinery. There is evidence of him being less sentinel since, so he's either overcome the sentinel programming or he's lost the abilities.

That's not the point, anyway. I never said she's incapable of the things she did as Brainiac 8, because they have the same body, I'm just saying there's a significant personality difference. Brainiac 8 refers to it. This is a thing.

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Doesn't really matter. I just crunched some numbers, Leroy Jenkins style. It's not pretty. POOR COMMUNICATION KILLS wins on power, cohesion, is competitive on leadership....

I removed Talisman completely and they were still competitive. In fact they could still win depending on how things are weighted.

Excellent work, DP. But I think destiny has finally knocked on EF's door.