main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coming Home (Luke, Anakin AU)--UPDATED 2/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks, I'm glad people like Overprotective Dad Ani (comes complete with Naboo transport and lightsaber, batteries sold separately). And the replies are great. :)

As unlikely as it would sound to Anakin, I think some of it was genuine pity. Obi-Wan argued for it and unless I cut the line and have since forgotten about cutting (which is quite possible :p), I think I had the Council have been skeptical, but he argued them into it. A less noble motive may be that they still see Anakin as a time bomb (fwiw, I don't think he is at this point). They're thinking, "We have this extremely strong, fully trained Jedi out there, who is in bad emotional straits, and upon whom our friendly neighborhood Sith Lord may have some reason to be fixated. Maybe it would be good to bring him back where we can see him..."

2. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Ahh, yes, I see. Better to keep an eye on him.

Annoying Question 3: Luke was aware of the plague on Naboo. Padme, of course, would be a famous personage there and I would imagine her death would be mentioned. I take it she wasn't referred to as Padme Naberrie Skywalker...

Forgive me if I seem to be looking for plot holes...I'm not, nor trying to be overly critical...just curious.

Looking forward to more,

-Tim

3. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Just catching up...

I loved Siri's death scene (well, I don't mean I loved that she died...you know what I mean). Very moving, particularly the kiss at the end. :_|

And Anakin as father/master with Luke is just as emotional to see.

Great posts! :)

4. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Tim, I'd guess that in the press, she'd be referred to as "Senator Amidala, the former Queen Amidala..."

5. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    That's what I figured.

-Tim (shutting up now and going off to write)

6. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    There can be no doubt, JG. You are the Master.

The last two posts were incredible, resonating with vision (which I assume was part of the epiphany in the cinema line). Your character portrayal is so realistic that the characters seem to leap out of the computer and take a swing at you with a lightsaber.

Siri's death was very moving. Since I was only introduced to Siri through your earlier fics, and she barely got a chance to appear here, it's a further credit to your writing how affected I feel at her death. The scene was perfectly in character for her, as well as Obi-Wan.

Poor Obi-Wan. He's facing his own Dark Side for the second time in his life, and under similar circumstances. With all your enthusiasm for Anakin, I always felt that it was Obi-Wan whom you brought to life most convincingly. He's realized what is apparent from your descriptions, and from canon SW: Luke is the one who can keep Anakin away from the Dark Side - he even brought him back in another life!

About Tazi, our new Sith. It seemed a little strange to send Siri fully infected with the most virulent Naboo strain of the virus, so that she was already visibly sick when she arrived. Wouldn't it have made more sense to send the slower-acting virus, that could infect all the Jedi before being discovered? Unless, as Siri saw in her vision, killing her was meant solely as a message - and a goad - for Anakin.

And as for Dooku: so he's looking for a new apprentice, hmmmm? And he shows preference for children whose parents refused them to the Jedi, hmmm? And Luke has a vision of her "lost in the dark", hmmmm?

I told you I get suspicious if I don't see the bodies.... ;)

7. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    Beautiful, JG! Absolutely fantastic!

Poor Ani, he has to try to do what's best for his son why still dealing with the trauma of losing his family.

Big question: Will Luke end up going with Anakin? It just wouldn't be as interesting if he didn't.

8. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Why is Luke allowed to be Anakin's Padawan? I know I'm a bit cynical but I figured another explanation: I don't want to say that the Council is making experiments on the Chosen One but as far as we know the Jedi know nothing about family bonds... no one knows exactly what the difference is between the normal - "artificial"- Master-Padawan bond and the possible bond between a Jedi father and his son? Is it more powerful? Can it reach farther?

Just a thought...

9. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Luke's coming along with him? Wow, the stubborness is like father like son... who's gonna win this fight?

10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Fantastic JG, that's all I can say. Recklessness runs strong in Skywalkers apparently. Up!

11. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks for all the comments. The post is going nowhere fast tonight and I have to be at work tomorrow morning, so I best put it off.

12. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    *delurks*

Note to All Readers: Nominate this and other deserving stories for the Winter 2002 Fan Fiction Awards! I did! :)

*relurks*

13. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
  14. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    New post soon, JG? I'm ever so curious to know what happens next...

uppers!

15. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Sorry about the delay. It's a relatively important scene, and it just wasn't playing out. It's still not where I want it to be, but it's time to move on in the story, and I hope that I can come back to it and fix it.
    -------------

Luke might have done as he was told.

It would have been easy enough, really. He could have just shut the door and sat on the sleep couch until he stopped being scared and mad, then gone on done to the crèche like Master Anakin said. Nothing simpler.

But Master Anakin had hugged him, and it was the same way he used to hug his daughter--Luke knew that without needing to ask--and when he thought about his daughter, he wasn't always safe. Luke had promised Master Obi-Wan that they would help to protect Master Anakin.

And there was Master Obi-Wan.

As long as Luke could remember--longer, he thought--Master Obi-Wan had looked out for him and been kind to him especially. Any time he was sick, Master Obi-Wan came and stayed with him. Any time he got scared, Master Obi-Wan talked to him until it went away. No one knew why he did it, but Luke loved him because of it and now he was sick and Master Anakin was going to try and help him and...

Luke turned on his heel and went out the door, barely remembering to close it behind him. Master Anakin was most of the way to the corner, and Luke ran to catch up.

"I told you to go to the crèche, Luke," Master Anakin said, not even turning to look down. He just kept moving at the same speed, like Luke wasn't even following him. "I'm not going to take you with me."

"Please, Master. Please, I want to help Master Obi-Wan."

"I know you do, Luke."

They'd reached the door to the hangar, and Master Anakin opened it. They went out into the wide center row. Most of the room was full of starfighters, waiting to connect in orbit with their power rings, but at the end, an irregular space had been cleared for a sleek yellow ship. It looked like it had been beaten up a few more times than the starfighters, but it was still in good shape. Master Anakin touched a remote device on his mechanical hand, and the gangplank lowered. They'd reached the end of it when he finally turned around and squatted to look Luke in the eye. "Luke, go back now. I don't have time to pick you up and carry you."

Luke flushed hotly at the thought of being dragged back into the Temple. "But--"

"Don't try me, Luke. I did it with Leia when she wanted to follow me someplace she shouldn't have been, and I'll do it with you."

"I'm not her!" It was out before Luke knew it was coming, and he clapped his hand over his mouth, even though it was too late. "I'm sorry..."

"No, that's fair. It doesn't change anything, but it's fair." Master Anakin stood up. "I'm going now, Luke. Get back to the crèche." He went up the gangplank.

Luke followed him. "I'm supposed to stay with you."

"You're supposed to do what I tell you."

"How can I learn to be a Jedi if you send me to the crèche every time you go on a mission?"

A wave of anger started to come off of Master Anakin--it was like boiling pot of something spilling--but he kept his voice low. "There will be other missions. It is not 'every time.' You're putting yourself in danger and it will impair my ability to pursue this properly."

"I want to go. The Council says I should go. You're the only one who says I shouldn't."

"As I'm your Master, that's all that's necessary. Luke, I want you to go to the crèche or I will carry you there. That was not an idle threat."

Luke reached out into the Force and found Master Anakin's presence, found the feelings that were inside of him. The wall started to go up, but Luke fought it. What he was doing and what he was feeling were different, and he'd promised to be honest.

Well, he'd sort of said he probably would be, and that was good enough.

His low, thundering voice broke Luke's concentration, but it didn't matter. Luke knew what he needed to know. "I didn't give you permission, Luke."

"You're acting mad, but you're not."

16. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    WOW!
    Anakin, you did it "again"... No wonder that the original "I'm your father" was just voted for No. 1. Movie moment... He has a certain talent at speaking about family relations. :D

I liked that during the post Luke was thinking all the time about the "daughter of Master Anakin" comparing himself to her... it doesn't only show that the boy sees his master's true feelings but also it proves that deep in his heart, unconsiously he knows the truth... I think :) only the "search your feeling" aspect was missing.

"You don't want to teach me..."- OOOOO, I'd love to take a look into the mind of the Council (or Obi Wan)!!!! Do they know? What are their true motives? Who should learn here - the master or the padawan?

I think I have every chance to see this wish come true :D sooner or later -it's exactly the kind of "cliffhanger" post Gala likes so well to continue with a review of the Galactic press releases regarding the epidemic :D :D

17. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    my goodness that post was beautiful, absolutely wonderful JG lord knows how you inherted such great writing skills. that post was just sooooo worth the wait.

i thought that it was just going to be a short little sweet post with father and son in a little fight *thinks awwwww*. but then the truth comes out and i was so not expecting that.

captive reader
    kithana

18. DarthCuppa

DarthCuppa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Oh my gawsh. This is what, the fourth post or so? And you've managed to land one on us. This is absolutely brilliant.

(And the entire dialogue between Like and Anakin is exactly right. Bravo!)

19. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks! I'm glad that one worked (and relieved).

Yeah, Anakin does have a penchant for dramatic revelations, doesn't he?

Who should learn here - the master or the padawan?

LOL. I think with Luke and Anakin, the positions are always going to be a smidgen reversed. :)

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, Anakin does have a penchant for dramatic revelations, doesn't he?

Most defintely, I agree. :)

Who should learn here - the master or the padawan?
    LOL. I think with Luke and Anakin, the positions are always going to be a smidgen reversed.

I think that was kind of what happened in the original triliogy also. In the end I got the feeling thLuke knew more of the "Living Force" than Yoda or Ben, that's why he knew to save Anakin. I think by ROTJ the force was "using" Luke to get its "wayward son" back... so to speak. :)

Great story JG. I'm loving Anakin in this. I think this would be how he would have been in the AU of not turning and getting to keep his family. (I'm speculating somehow his "family" or Padme will be taken from him in Ep3, even its not true, only told to him)

Some pieces of fic have him being almost too soft as a father. I tend to think he would be more like your Anakin, fiercely protective of his children.

21. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I think that as long as they're not in trouble, he's a teddy bear. Arthur Weasley with a lightsaber (of course, I have a feeling Mr. Weasley wouldn't be a slouch in the family defense department if push came to shove, either). But if anything at all encroaches on them, they're his responsibility and his family, and we got a pretty good indication of how Anakin feels about losing people who are supposed to be under his protection.

22. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *slaps hand against forehead* Doh!

Well, Anakin, you've done it again! What a way to get what you want. You wanted him to stay and by opening your mouth and uttering the one thing you weren't supposed to say, you got him to go back.

Figures.

Very awesome post, JG! Very very cool stuff!

AQ

23. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    *claps hand over mouth in shock*

WOW! Incredible JG! That was just as unexpected as Vader's "I am your father" line! I now have a new fanfic favorite moment. That was perfectly executed. I loved the way it just came out...so true to the way Anakin behaves. I'd write more but it's getting late, and there are no words to describe the immensity of the emotions in that last post. Excellant!

Up!

24. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Wow.....this is an amazing story JG. Your characterizations are wonderful and I loved the Anakin/Luke interatctions. This is one of my favorite fics.

Wonderful as usual.

The last post was awesome! Only Anakin can do what he does....or shall I say....only he can "say" what he said. Gotta love him!

25. Cindy_Cupido

Cindy_Cupido Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    WHOA! Ani, u have done it again! *giggles* Poor Luke! What a shock it must be.. I wonder how it will go next.. Post soon!!

Luv Cindy :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.