main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coming up with Titles

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by solojones, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Not too bad - but does Praxeum actually mean "School" or "Academy"?

I'm actually leaning towards the "Between the Stars" title, as its actually starting to warm up to me.

I'm thinking something like "Between the Stars - Rise of the New Jedi Order" or something.

2. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Yes, as in a place for the practical application or exercise of a branch of learning.

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Uhm, titles, very interesting issue. :)

I give a lot of importance to the title of the fic, after all, the first impression does count in this cases. Most of the time the titles come to me after a while, frequently after a good portion of the story is written - or all of it if it's a viggie. The sources are varied, but they mostly have a strong conection to the fic.

Examples:

Afterthougths ---> my first story (lame, I know, but I couldn't come up with something better)
    The Best I Can Do ---> something both characters said by the end of the story (but I didn't write all the chapters in proper order)
    What Have I Gotten Me Into? ---> same as above, it was a sequel for TBICD so I wanted the titles to have something in common but it also was a sort of self-inflicted joke too :p because I had not planned to write a sequel - fortunately this line appeared in the first chapter
    Warming Up ---> the name of a short viggie about Han coming back from rescueing Luke in Hoth and it refers both to the physical cold and H&L feelings for each other
    The Death Of Me ---> a little songfic, that was the last line of it and it automatically became the title
    How Can I Go On? ---> another songfic, but this time I took the title of the song directly as the fic's title because it just fit
    The Other Leia ---> direct reference to the main (OC) character of this very, very short vig. I thought it would be kind of intriguing too.
    The Blood of a Jedi ---> inevitable title for a fic based on an adopted bunny dealing on jedi blood transfusions, sounded kind of grand too

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.