main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Commonwealth Cantina! I need a drink!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by James3, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Any ghosts left up in here?

Danny?

2. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    hi im BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    WOO HOO!!!

Clear out the cobwebs and post it up!=D=[face_dancing]

4. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    No lie. Theres another website I visit that SciFi related but I still come here and linger time to time. Star Wars is what interested me in Sci Fi as a kid and this was one of the first sites I found for Richmond area folks many years back now. It may not have the steam it used to but as long as there's someone to post, it'll be here for all who love the genre!

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Right on! If nothing else it is a place for new folks in the area to find quickly do to it's international fame. A little slow but there are a few of us still around to keep the place alive for all those with the love of Star Wars and looking to get together.:cool:

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Lets use this thread as our "FREE FOR ALL" thread. Meaning, we can post about other genres or comments not related to Star Wars on this thread.

Starting out, I'd like to ask if you've seen AVATAR? Its got a lot of buzz and looks to still have legs since its crossed the
    $1 billion mark. I havent seen it and dont mind any spoilers if they're posted here as I plan on seeing it on dvd. Who'd thought that a movie that looks like a video game filled with Dungeons & Dragons type characters would become one of the greatest of all time? I guess a good story is a good story or is it more about the hype in advertising?

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I tend to wait for flicks to come out on Netflix or whatever but Julie and I did go see it this weekend.

Short version: WOW! AMAZING! You really want to go see this on the big screen.

Long version: This is a MUST SEE in the theater. The overall landscape shots and most of the action scenes are just so incredible. The 3D was really well done and it is the first time EVER that I didn't get a headache trying to watch. The story was fantastic. Yes, of course it is a bit predictable but this is a grand scale popcorn flick. Sit back enjoy the story and have fun.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Hmmm. I want to yet I wait. Saw over on Hulu, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart from this past Tuesday night. George Lucas was on there. There was some fun banter back and forth about Star Wars. I believe he was there about a book he had recently written on interesting movie facts. Whenever i see him do interviews, he really doesnt say much. Makes a labored attempt to sound funny but he kinda comes off as the uncle you only see at Christmas that nobody wants to sit beside because they dont know what to talk about.

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    [face_laugh] Sounds about right!

Hey Danny! Why the heck did ya change the name of the boards? Keep it Commonwealth Cantina Dude![face_shame_on_you]

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    YEAH DANNY! DONT BOGART THE BOARDS! You've got your own site so change this one back man. We've come to discuss all things Star Wars and why we like it! :)

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    [face_laugh]

It's Commonwealth Cantina and we love it. Bring on the good times.

BTW, ever notice that Obi-Wan liked the pubs? Can't ya picture yourself sitting there hanging out with him and having a drink?

12. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey Troy, you seen Avatar yet?

It just beat Star Wars on the all time charts.

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    No, still havent seen it. I cant understand it. Is the story that good or is it just marketing. I mean, I have family members that went to see it based on word of mouth and marketing who would never go see something like that. Just mention 10 ft blue people and they would laugh yet there they went. Said they liked it but I'm holding off to rent it when it comes out.

14. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    The story will carry over fine at home. Like I said before the real reason to enjoy it in the theater is due to the amazing job of scenery and the pullback shots of battles.

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Wonder what other big flicks are planned for release this year? I havent really kept my eye on the movie scene but I'm sure theres got to be some good stuff in the pipeline.

16. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I have no idea either. I just wait till I see something cool.

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I was visiting www.starwars.com and on the top header, they have a bit about Wampas vs. Tauntauns. If you check it out, notice the pic of the Wampa. That thing looks like a werewolf. Has more of the muscular build of a man than say a bigfoot! Looks alot more menacing!

Also, for shirts, posters, hats, mugs, etc., take a minute to checkout www.zazzle.com/starwars

I love the "Go Green" stuff as well as the travel posters to visit "The Ice Caves of Hoth" and "The deserts of Tatooine"

18. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I may have to get the "FAIL" T-Shirt! That is funny. Some really cool stuff on there.

19. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Wow! The snow is really rockin out there! Came in for lunch with the girls about an hour or so ago and still drinking my coffee. Couldnt really stay out there long though because I think its about 20 degrees. Hope you all are having fun with it!

20. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I ended up whacking my back out again. I would like to find a good place for sleigh riding that doesn't cost anything. Anyone know of any good hills?

21. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Man, I'm sorry to hear about that! You never know how much you use something until you lose it! Hope it gets better soon. About the sleigh riding, when I was a kid and I stayed at my cousins house, we used to ride that big ol hill on Arch Rd! They lived in the neighborhood at the bottom on the right.

22. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I have thought about Arch. They get it cleaned off so quick these days. [face_thinking]

So far the stuff tonight has been minimal but maybe the snow this weekend will show up a plenty.

23. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Happy Birthday JediMaster Vidal!

24. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    my birthday is march 2

25. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Oops! Happy early birthday then! What a nasty day around the Richmond area! The drive into work usually takes about a half hour but today about an hour & 45 minutes. Counted eight accidents due to the snow, one of which was a school bus. Thankfully no kids on board!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.