main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends [COMPLETED] - On the Shoulders of Giants - Post-NJO OC epic - [Thank You - 1/30]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arin_Atona, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Part 3.2

Kali knew she was on Mon Calamari before she ever opened her eyes. The air around her was moist and held a salty taste that could only be produced by the sea. She could also hear the gentle sound of the surf rolling against the floating city somewhere in the distance.

She opened her eyes slowly, allowing them to grow accustomed to the light and focus on her surroundings. The room itself had a sterile look to it, and the walls were made of durasteel - common for a medical facility. The room itself was illuminated by the natural light pouring in from the window that ran the length of one wall, and was open to allow fresh outside air into the room.

Kali was quick to realize that she was in a bed, and to her surprise, alone. She turned her head to look out the window, which had an incredible view of the edge of the floating cityscape and the endless ocean beyond. She would have gasped at seeing the sheer beauty of the scene? but she only managed a short half-gasp before her body disagreed with her and reminded her of the experiences that very nearly claimed her life.

Tik! She panicked when she remembered her friend, now certainly in the hands of Nori da-Boda, and far beyond her reach. How long had it been since that event? Days? Weeks? Months?

Her sudden panic did not go unnoticed. A nearby presence? no, two presences? were suddenly aware of her and were moving toward her room. As they approached, she was able to recognize one of them. That presence was unmistakably strong, gentle, and quiet. Master Skywalker. The other was unfamiliar to her? also strong, but not so quiet. She rolled her head over to be able to see them when they came through the door.

The door slid open, and two men walked in - Master Skywalker with his blonde hair and twinkling blue eyes, and another following with long, dark, curly hair and dark green eyes. Both wore traditional Jedi garb - Luke in his traditional black, while the other wore brown - but without their long flowing cloaks.

"Welcome back," Luke said. "You've certainly been sleeping long enough." Both Jedi moved to the side of her bed where she could get a good look at them.

Kali tried to manage a weak "Hello," but her voice didn't cooperate.

"Don't test your lungs too much, Kali. They've been through quite an ordeal and you'll need time to fully recover."

Fully? She tried posing the question to him through the Force, hoping he would understand what she was wanting to know.

Luke nodded. "You'll make a full recovery. Eventually. You have a few new flexitanium ribs, but everything else is miraculously still functional. You just need time."

Kali didn't mind the ribs. She already had one flexitanium rib replacement as a result of her first and only melee combat with a Yuuzhan Vong warrior a few years earlier. That fight had left her beaten and bruised quite badly, but she did at least walk away from the fight in one piece, which was more than she could say for the Yuuzhan Vong warrior. She was pleased to learn that she hadn't needed mechanical replacements for her lungs as badly as she thought they were hurt.

How long?

"Three weeks? minimum. You still have a few more bacta treatments ahead of you."

Kali managed to groan. She had wanted to know how long she had been in this condition, but the length of her recovery was going to be her next question. She managed a weary sigh, and then turned her eyes to the other man in the room. From his appearance she already guessed that this was Kyp Durron, famous for being a bit of a rogue? and an exasperating influence on Jaina.

Kyp leaned forward and placed his hand on hers. "I'm Kyp Durron. I've heard about a few of your exploits."

Kali tried to snicker. She had heard of a few of his as well. She gave him a slow nod.

Luke stood up straight and slipped quickly into the role of Jedi Master. "Jaina tells me that you want to finish your training."

Kali looked up at him, almost apologetically. He had been very upset when s

2. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Part 3.3:

Six weeks, two days, and seven hours. According to all of his intelligence reports, that was exactly how long this 'Nori da-Boda' had been at large... and still she had not been found. Despite that, the plans were proceeding along better than expected. The rogue factions in the Empire were gaining support from various commanders down the line. In all, fully one-fifth of the Imperial fleet was loyal to the Dark Ones.

On the surface of the forest world of Yaga Minor, Moff Flennic sat undisturbed in his luxurious office. The deep red sochor-wood walls, cabinets, and desk accented the atmosphere of the room with their rich scent, which nicely complimented the black leather-appointed repulsor-chair he sat so restfully in. The view from his office over the top of the capital city and the forest beyond was exquisite, and played nicely to his lavish tastes.

The only thing that disturbed the Moff while he was in his sanctuary was the occasional information officer that would bring him tidbits of intelligence data that was being collected from all over the Empire and the rest of the galaxy. This day, however, had an additional annoyance.

Moff Flennic rose to his feet as the office door slid open and an older man wearing Imperial dress-whites entered the room with him and stood before his desk, placing his hands behind his back. His well-groomed white moustache twitched slightly as he regarded the Moff.

Moff Flennic proffered a quick salute. "Grand Admiral Pellaeon. To what do I owe the honor?"

"Consider this a surprise inspection, Moff Flennic."

"My dear Gilad, this is highly insulting."

"'Admiral Pellaeon' would be a more proper form of addressing your superior. And I could care less about your injured honor," Pellaeon snapped quickly. "You are fully aware of the insurrection that threatens the Empire... and I have a gut instinct that you and your officers are at its core."

"I can assure you that I learned my lesson well after our little discussion last year. I wouldn't dare do something so bold to undermine your authority."

"Perhaps, but I'm not going to rule out gross stupidity on your part."

"Admiral Pellaeon, you know full well that I hate you with an undying passion. But you also know that my loyalty will always be to the Empire alone. Come... Let me offer you a small luxury... from one loyal Imperial to another." Moff Flennic opened a box of cigarra that lay on his desk and removed two, offering one to the Grand Admiral.

Pellaeon looked at it with a sterile gaze for a moment before reaching to accept it. "Let it never be said that I am not willing to endure the hospitality of even those that hate me."

Flennic smirked as he pulled an arc-lighter from his desk and lit his cigarra, then graciously lit Pellaeon's. "You certainly seem to enjoy the hospitality of the Rebels."

Pellaeon glared at him. "They are no longer 'the Rebels', Moff Flennic. They won their war, and we are now a member of the Galactic Alliance."

"Yes," Flennic replied. "So it would seem." He took a few puffs on his cigarra before returning to his leather repulsor-chair. "So, Admiral, if this is an inspection, then by all means... Inspect away." He gestured rather grandly around the room. "Maybe then you will learn how deep my loyalty to the Empire runs."

"Believe me, Moff Flennic, my security teams are sweeping the entire facility. I told you before that I would come down on you hard if I had so much as an inkling that you were trying to undermine me. I have had such an inkling, and I'm here to follow up on that threat."

"Oh, please stop your grandstanding," Flennic stated in a rather annoyed tone. "Do have a seat Admiral, and enjoy the view. Your men will confirm that I have nothing to do with these Dark Ones or the mutinous Imperial officers that they employ."

"No. Indeed not. But I have noticed that your office has been a contributing element to much of the intelligence data we have on them recently." Pellaeon did not sit down, but instead turned around

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, the galvanium slug thing reminded me of a nasty trick my anatomy teacher played on a friend where she went and picked up a box like it weighed fifty pounds. Then her friend tried to do it and totally fell over when it was empty. That was a great lesson.

4. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    I thought that would be a good fake-out. I was originally going to make it only about 50-kilos or so, and have her drop it on Kyp's foot... but what kind of Jedi Master would let somebody drop a bowling ball on their foot... not to mention the dark side element of attacking her master. I went for the ton just because it makes for a better effect when it falls ;)

The only problem is... Kali is a wee bit attracted to Kyp, but will she ever trust anything he says now without checking first?

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    owwwwwww, that would have stunk!

6. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    FYI: My droid is having a memory wipe tonight (laptop is getting OS reinstalled), so I may not have a post up until Friday (7/30).

*BUT* 3.4 will be worth waiting for (IMO). Two OT cameo appearances!

/edit: Laptop setup was delayed by a family emergency. I'll try to get 3.4 posted today.

//edit: Blegh. I didn't make it. I have most of it ready, I swear! I'm making some edits to some chunky dialog that doesn't move right.

7. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Finally!

Part 3.4:

"How much longer do you think it will take to complete my training?" Kali asked from underneath the bridge comm console. Kyp was laying next to her under the command console.

"As long as it takes," came his reply. "You still have a ways to go, and we don't really have anyplace here on Mon Calamari to work on your physical conditioning. We'll need to find a ship to go someplace more conducive to Jedi training."

"What's wrong with this ship?" Kali asked in an irritated tone.

"Let's see? the only things that work are the lights, gravity and the lift."

"And the comm console."

"Even that's not working yet. I don't care if you get it working tonight, the ship still has no engines, hyperdrive, or any of the systems required for space travel. You don't even have the parts for it."

"Let me get the comm working and I'll have the other parts in a few days. We'll have this bird as space-worthy as any ship within two weeks," Kali retorted.

"First of all, I don't know where you intend to find the parts, or enough credits to acquire them. Secondly, you still have other training that you must work on in the meantime. I don't see how?" Kyp trailed off as he turned his head to look at Kali, who was looking back at him with a far-away look in her eye. "What?"

"I'm sorry?" she asked, breaking her stare and returning to work on the console.

"You were staring at me funny."

"No I wasn't."

Kyp rolled onto his side and propped himself up with an elbow to look at her. "Yes you were," he said with a grin. "You were staring at me with a strange look in your eye."

"You're delusional."

"I've seen that look before," he said with his grin vanishing. "Either your eyes were magnetically glued to me, or I would think you're developing feelings for me? Am I right?"

"I think you need to have your head examined, nerf-brain."

"Ooh, name-calling. Now I know you're attracted to me."

Kali shot him a stare that was intended to promise pain and bodily harm if he continued the conversation, but which only really reflected how flustered she was. Her stare cracked and she sighed with her eyes closed.

"So what if I am?" she asked. "I'm you're apprentice, and you obviously don't have feelings for me? or else you've been hiding them exceptionally well."

Kyp arched his eyebrows, but remained silent.

"Besides," she continued as she reached up to work on the console while she spoke, "I have other priorities at the moment."

"Like completing your training?"

"Like finding Tik. I'm not relenting until I do."

"Passing up a chance at love to ensure the safety of a friend," Kyp said, nodding to himself as he lay back down and returned his attention to the command console. "That's very noble."

"What do you mean 'passing up a chance at love'?" She turned her head to look at Kyp incredulously. "Are you saying you have feelings for me?"

"I'm not saying that," he replied. "But if you never explore it, you'll never find out. There's always the possibility that I might develop feelings for you later."

Kali gave him an exasperated sigh that almost sounded like a groan. "I don't have the luxury of exploring it. Not when Tik is missing? in the hands of? that woman. And Jaina seems to be the only other person in the galaxy besides me that gives a damn."

"That's not true, Kali. I care about what happens to Tik? even if you did have to shame me into caring.

"My point is," he continued, "that despite Tik's disappearance, despite being nearly killed by Nori, and despite your feelings toward me? you are willing to detach yourself and remain committed to your training. Not only is that noble? it's nearly uncanny. I couldn't do it." He let out a short sigh and shook his head. "Stang, Kali. There's no way I could do it. I admire you for that. What you are doing is the height of greatness? the height of Jedi philosophy."

"Hmph. Do you know what Tik would say to that?"

"No, but I'm sure you're going to tell me."

"Ewok wisdom," Kali

8. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Part 3.5:

Dust swirled gently down the darkened corridor as two dark figures passed by, one twice as tall as the other. The taller of the two moved with an uncanny grace, but completely shrouded by a dark brown cloak that masked any possible information about the person within? except for a slight hint of swaying hips that were distinctly feminine. The smaller, diminutive figure trailed behind, also cloaked in a dusty rag that hid its occupant's identity.

Another shroud covered their movements as well as they passed through the dark corridor and along the walls that lined the dirty, dusty street. The very shadows they walked in seemed to bend around them and encourage any that saw them to look away and pay them no attention. Exiting the corridor, they entered a crowded, sandy alleyway that was basked in sunlight. Stepping from the dark corridor, the cloaked figures stayed close to the wall and passed through the crowd unseen by anyone. The crowded marketplace full of people was an even better place to avoid detection than the darkened corridors because even without the Force to mask your presence, nobody in Mos Eisley really cared what you were doing as long as it didn't affect them.

Reaching the end of the crowd, the taller figure looked back, scanning the crowd to determine whether they were being followed. The sunlight finally touched and illuminated the smooth skin of the woman's firmly set jaw as she regarded a few potential tails carefully before pulling her hood down further over her face and returning along her path. The smaller figure behind her seemed much more nervous than she, always turning this way and that as they passed by people to consider them carefully.

The smaller figure, perhaps because of its size, or perhaps because of its wariness, drew far more attention than its taller companion who led the way, getting suspicious looks from passers-by, but never more than a look. Occasionally someone would follow them from one passage or alley to another, but always turned from the path after only a short distance.

The two figures made their way to the Mos Eisley spaceport, one of the busiest places on the desert world of Tatooine. Passing by several bays, they came to an area reserved only for private berths, typically belonging to Hutts and crimebosses. An older man in a guard's uniform rose from his seat as the two approached, pulling his blaster.

"Stop, there. Ya can't go any furtha'. This area is private-like and we don't want any company."

The taller figure never broke stride, but simply gestured with a hand and spoke in a low feminine voice. "You've seen us before. We belong here."

"Uhh? right. I forgot. My 'pologies."

"You do excellent work."

"Always happy to be of service, ma'am," he replied as he holstered his blaster and returned to his seat.

The two figures passed out of sight and into the private berthing areas. They passed several small hangers before reaching one very nondescript bay. The taller figure looked back at the shorter for a moment before pulling a cable from inside her cloak and plugging it into the security socket on the bay door. After a few moments, the socket panel beeped and the doors slid open. The tall figure removed the cable and passed into the bay with the smaller in tow.

They stopped a few feet in front of the sleek Alliance G-Wing fighter craft that was stored in the bay as the taller figure regarded it for a moment.

"That's the one," the taller figure said, removing her hood to reveal the face of Jaina Solo. "Right where you said it would be."

The smaller figure chattered something in its native Jawa tongue.

Jaina turned and stooped towards the Jawa. "Of course. Thank you for your services." She reached inside her cloak, pulled out a few strips of latinum, and handed them to the Jawa. "Now, how long has it been here?"

The Jawa chattered a few statements and then spun around to make a hasty exit from the hanger bay.

Jaina sighed and returned to full height, pulling her cloak aside and rem

9. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Part 3.6:

Kali couldn't believe this was happening. This kind of thing only happened in children's tales. The audience hall was packed with people from all over, with some faces that she knew and many that she didn't. Kyp had probably invited them. She was surprised that it had only taken a few days for Kyp to come to his senses and devote himself to her. Now, here they were only a few weeks later, standing together at the head of the great audience hall, arm in arm.

Her shimmering white dress clashed well with her dark brown eyes, and her brown hair was curled in the full, wondrous loops she hadn't worn since she was a little girl. Three varieties of exotic white flowers were woven into her hair that smelled lovely together. Her hand was placed delicately in the crook of Kyp's elbow.

His black floor-length overcoat was pulled back over his shoulders to expose his black trousers and bright blue tunic that he wore for the occasion. Their lightsabers looked somewhat out of place against their otherwise formal attire, but they had felt it was important to symbolize that they were both Knights of the Jedi Order on this special occasion.

Everyone in the audience chamber rose to their feet in applause as Kali and Kyp entered through the grand archway and slowly walked down the center aisle toward the raised dais at the center of the chamber. Kali couldn't help but beam from ear to ear on this magnificent day. Everything had turned out exactly like it was supposed to, and nothing could ruin this occasion.

Upon the dais stood Luke Skywalker, dressed completely in black and standing like a stoic figure, awaiting their arrival. Next to him stood Tik, recently brought back to Kali after a long sojourn with Nori da-Boda. Even Nori was there on the front row next to Kali's father, Jev. Just seeing them together brought tears of joy to Kali's eyes. How incredibly the last few weeks had turned out.

Only a few days after their first kiss, Kali had finished her training and became a Jedi Knight. She had solved her mystery? her father, whom she had thought dead, had been in a rehabilitation center after the battle over Ardiese. She had been told that he was dead, but he was really in recovery and then taken by the Yuuzhan Vong as a slave. A recent exchange had released him and he was now here for his daughter's magnificent wedding day.

Her discovery of his existence had made her a Jedi Knight? and she went on a mission with Kyp to find Nori and Tik. Boba Fett had been true to his word and protected Tik through a firefight with several bounty hunters that had been trying to capture Nori. He had sent word to Kali, who came to his aid with Kyp.

Nori had been surprised to see her alive, but was willing to accept her help in escaping from the bounty hunters. Aboard the completed Noble Encounter, Kali had shared everything with her that had transpired and the visions she had. She comforted Nori in the loss of her daughter, Heleyna, and with Kyp's help, they were able to convince her to turn away from the Dark Side. The doctors had been able to treat her condition, and she was back to being the intrepid Jedi Master she had always been, teaching even Master Skywalker about the ways of the Jedi of the Old Republic.

As Kali and Kyp passed the front row, Kali stopped and broke away from Kyp. She embraced her father and kissed him on the cheek and exchanged a quick hug with her living ancestor, Nori da-Boda. She returned to Kyp, and the happy couple ascended the dais to where Luke and Tik were awaiting them.

Luke reached out to Kyp and exchanged a firm handshake, which cascaded into a full embrace. Luke then turned to Kali and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Congratulations, Knight Atona? or should I start calling you Knight Durron now?"

Kali smiled warmly. "You can in a few minutes."

Luke nodded, then took a step back and extended his arms and addressed the crowd. "Friends and family? We gather today to bear witness to a great union. We are blessed to be able to unite ou

10. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    3.7 is going to take another day or so. The whole Ben Skywalker abduction was added late and now 3.7 doesn't make any sense -- and has been trashed. I'm rewriting as quickly as possible.

I'm also changing up the subject line as well... just to possibly attract more readers.

11. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    GREAT LEAPING NERFS! AN UPDATE!
    Part 3.7:

"We have the entire planet locked-down, Master Skywalker. They aren't getting away."

Luke shook his head at the small hologram image of a Bothan with smooth white fur. "They've already taken Ben off-planet, Admiral Kre'fey. I can sense it. He's still alive, but nowhere on Mon Calamari."

The white fur on Kre'fey's head shifted in agitation. "I don't see how that's possible. Nobody has been allowed to leave the planet since the explosion. We have the entire system covered with interdictor cruisers and more than a quarter of the fleet to intercept fleeing traffic. I assure you they haven't gotten by us."

"Many of the Imperial agents that died in the explosion were posing as Alliance security forces. I don't think we can assume that everyone in an Alliance uniform is loyal. We have to assume they planned on needing to get off Mon Calamari after abducting Kali. They didn't capture her, but they probably stuck with the same plan in getting Ben off-world." Luke sighed. "If they were expecting to escape Mon Calamari under these conditions... what would have needed to happen to allow them to get away?"

Kre'fey was silent for a moment, thinking carefully through the scenarios. "This could not have been accomplished by simply bribing a few Alliance officials. If they did escape, they must have been assisted from inside. These rogue Imperials would need legitimate Alliance officers and security forces in their employ. That hardly seems possible."

"If that's the only way, then that's how it happened, Admiral." Luke turned to the Mon Calamari officer seated next to him. "General, please continue your search on the planet. Not all of the agents have necessarily left. If we can track them down, we may be able to find out where they have taken my son."

The Mon Calamari nodded, stood up and left through the room's exit behind Luke.

"Master Skywalker," Kre'fey's hologram stated, "Rest assured that we will find young Ben. I will task a large portion of the fleet to tracking down any leads we find."

Luke nodded. "Thank you, Admiral. Several Jedi are returning from their assignments to assist in the investigation as well."

"Very good. That is all. Kre'fey out."

Luke nodded, waved his hand, and the hologram disappeared. He settled his elbows on the table and rested his face in his hands, trying to not to cry.

Luke had been keenly aware of someone behind him brimming with anger and resentment. Luke gestured toward the seat beside him without looking at the person. "Have a seat Kyp. What's troubling you?"

"I don't know Master... It's difficult to admit when you're wrong and that someone else is right." Kyp seated himself and swiveled the chair to face Luke who looked up at him in confusion. "It's quite another to see it right before your eyes."

"I'm not following you Kyp. I've got a lot on my mind right now. This may not be the best time for a philosophical debate."

"You should tell that to Kali. She was right about us." Kyp frowned deeply and rested one arm on the table. "When Corporal Tikamooti went missing... how many ships did we send after him?"

Luke shook his head. "I don't know, Kyp."

"How many Jedi were sent to look for him?"

"None, Kyp. They were all on assignment in the Empire investigating..."

"What changed?" Kyp interrupted.

"What changed?" Luke repeated. "My son is missing, Kyp! That's what changed!"

"I see," Kyp noted. "When an Ewok - a war hero with two commendations for bravery, I might add - is taken hostage on a military mission, it's perfectly okay to wait three weeks and then send a single task force to look for him." Kyp's voice changed to one of grandiose condescension. "But when the son of Luke Skywalker goes missing, we lock down one of the busiest planets in the galaxy and put the entire fleet on alert. Half the Jedi abandon their assignments and come rushing back to search. Even Kre'fey put 'a large portion of the fleet' on the assignment... inclu

12. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    The gut-crunching conclusion to Part Three (of Four)...
    Part 3.8:

Mara Jade Skywalker's green eyes flashed with malice and her long red hair slapped against her face as she spun around to face her husband.

"How did you expect me to react, Luke? Did you think I wouldn't sense something that strong coming from you?"

"No, Mara, I expected you to behave rationally. I knew you would be angry, but I also thought you would accept that what I did was right."

"You know I'm not talking about Kyle Katarn, Luke."

Luke let out a desperate sigh. "Then what are you talking about, Mara? I don't have a clue what this is about!"

"I felt it, Luke!" she shouted.

"Felt what?" Luke was already regretting the tone he just used before the second word was fully out of his mouth.

Mara glared at him with a look full of anguish and rage.

"I felt your reaction to the news. I didn't even need the Force to tell me, Luke!" She gritted her teeth and seethed at him. "When I first told you that I couldn't feel Ben anymore... when you first figured out that he was off-world and that there was a chance we might never see him again... I felt it through the Force... and it was written on your face!"

She pointed a condemning finger at him and yelled at the top of her lungs. "Relief! You were RELIEVED!"

The accusation kicked him square in the gut, nearly doubling him over from the heartache alone. The absurdity of it... that she could possibly think he was relieved that his only son had been abducted and taken away from them.

The only thing that hurt worse than the grossly absurd accusation from Mara... was that she was right.

"Mara," he croaked through the painful lump that just appeared in his throat as he reached to place a loving hand on her arm. "Please understand... I didn't want that thought... and I willed it away as quickly as I could."

Mara was now in tears as she retracted from his reach, denying him the only thing he needed in that moment. "How am I supposed to understand that? What can possibly justify such a feeling?"

"Nothing," he admitted, not willing to hold back the tears any longer. "Nothing could ever justify it. It was just a moment of weakness when all the feelings of the last year came out at once.

"Do you realize," he asked, "that the night after they took Ben was the first time you slept in my arms in months? Ever since the war ended, we haven't let him out of our sight... afraid to miss a single moment with him." He wept bitterly as he tried to continue. "All the while missing thousands of moments with each other."

"What are you saying, Luke? That you took some kind of sick pleasure out of our son's kidnapping because you were sexually frustrated? Is that it?"

"No... I... well... maybe..." His voice cracked as he whimpered. "It was just jealousy. Ben had your undivided attention for the last year. It isn't sexual, Mara... I just miss you and I've just wanted so much to have any time with you that I can get... whatever form that takes.

"When Ben was kidnapped, and I suddenly realized that I was going to have you to myself for a while... that jealousy escaped. I love Ben. Nothing can change that. It was just a moment of weakness and a human emotion escaped. I'm sorry, Mara." He hung his head in shame. "I'm so sorry."

"Of all the selfish..." she retracted from him again as he tried to reach for her. "No!" she shouted, shaking her head and backing away toward the door of their apartment. "I can't take this. I can't handle this."

"Mara," Luke called out as the door slid open and Mara ran out. The door snapped shut and Luke dropped to his knees and buried his face in the carpet. "I love you!" he wailed repeatedly, convulsing in the waves of agony that tore through his heart like no pain he had ever known before.

The pain in his chest didn't come from the uncertainty or the unknown... but from what he knew in his heart. The sickening tidal surge of emotion from

13. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    *sigh* I think I finally worked out all the typos in that post. I'm glad all the mystery and hidden plots have now been revealed... now I can concentrate on blowing things up!

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry I didn't respond before, but man, that last part was unbelievable. Loved the three strongest words from the heart. I'm going to paraphrase one of my own stories and say that love is of the light side and the strongest force of love is forgiveness. L/M I know what you put into it and that's why it turned out so tragically fantastic.

15. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Ishy: that last part was unbelievable.

Like I told you, that was the scene that really inspired the plot of this story. I wanted to make it very dark, but very beautiful at the same time.

Loved the three strongest words from the heart. I'm going to paraphrase one of my own stories and say that love is of the light side and the strongest force of love is forgiveness.

I agree.

L/M I know what you put into it and that's why it turned out so tragically fantastic.

I have more I'm going to use, as well. If it turns out half as well as the L/M scene here, I will be happy.

16. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    You. Need. More. Readers.

. . .
    Spent the evening catching up on this. Yes. omgyes I should never have drifted away from it.

I love... everything in this story. Your writing is superb, and if you tell me you're not a published author, I'm going to go petition to all the publishing houses I know (which, erm, isn't much, but eh...). Tell me you write original fiction too, so I can go write them and make them publish it.

There were about a thousand moments in this that almost made me cry (some with laughter - hehe, young Yoda...), but you got me at the cave scene. I had to force myself to not cry though, so I could keep reading. The screen tends to blur.

You even make me almost like this absurdity that I shall refer to as Kyp/Kali. It's almost believable.
    >_>
    [/K/J-obsession]

Very very very good, awesome, brilliant story. I still can't believe you only have one - two, now that I've returned >>; - readers. Moremoremore.

And wow, that now makes two stories that split up L/M and I still continued reading. Though I'm not taking anything at face value in this story now... >_>;

More! :p

17. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    djcati: You. Need. More. Readers.

Bonk them on the head and leave them in this thread!

Spent the evening catching up on this. Yes. omgyes I should never have drifted away from it.

Welcome back and I hope I have you hooked!

Tell me you write original fiction too, so I can go write them and make them publish it.

I have a five-year old original fantasy manuscript that has been rejected for publishing more times than I can count. I'm still trying, though.

There were about a thousand moments in this that almost made me cry (some with laughter - hehe, young Yoda...), but you got me at the cave scene.

The cave is my favorite part of this fic. I always loved the Dagobah cave, and even got mad when Tahiri didn't go in the NJO. I'm a *huge* fan of ESB, so I consider "the cave" to almost be it's own character. There is a bit of humor returning in 4.1, some of it a little sadistic... so it should be fun.

You even make me almost like this absurdity that I shall refer to as Kyp/Kali. It's almost believable.

Alas... poor Kyp. I too believe in K/J, but I'm trying to stay to the canon. I've dropped little breadcrumbs, though... letting you know his heart still truly belongs to Jaina. Kyp/Kali... well... you'll see.

that now makes two stories that split up L/M and I still continued reading.

Keep reading. That was a very late plot bunny... and even *I* haven't figured out where it's going yet!

More!

4.1 on Monday!

18. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    hehe..

I always loved the Dagobah cave, and even got mad when Tahiri didn't go in the NJO

Ah, but she went in JJK... Read Anakin's Quest. ^^ Of course, it was kinda lame that Uldir didn't get a vision.. ;_; Silly non Force sensitives... but yeah.

19. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Ah, but she went in JJK...

I didn't read that series, unfortunately.

Of course, it was kinda lame that Uldir didn't get a vision.. ;_; Silly non Force sensitives...

Kinda makes you wonder why Synet and his descendants went there to bury their daughters... doesn't it? Hmm... I wonder if we'll find out... Hmm....

20. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jedi_Guard_of_Death Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    The Luke/Han scene was cute and wonderful and I loved it and GO YOU! FIGHT THE HOMOPHOBIC MODS!
    *hugs you then goes off to play with fire*

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmmm, i don't know if I'd read the homo into that part, unless you count the threat of a busted jaw flirting...

22. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Part 4.1: The end begins!

PART FOUR: REBIRTH

If you're strong enough, there are no precedents.
    -F. Scott Fitzgerald

If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    -Sir Isaac Newton

The uneasiness in Kyp's heart was as thick as the dense fog that covered the jungle swamp of Dagobah. The evanescent form of the old Jedi Master, Yoda, had departed and left he and the hologram image of Nori da-Boda alone in the mist to await Kali's return... a return that Kyp wasn't sure she would make.

He had felt her - the sadness and the fear, and then the bright luminosity that seemed to radiate from her like a starbirth - but he couldn't feel her anymore.

She still lived, he could tell, but beyond that he could sense nothing. Yoda had said she ceased to exist, and aside from the generic sensation of her life essence nearby, there was nothing that denied that. Kyp could sense nothing about her anymore. Kali's normally open-book heart was closed fast, denying him a glimpse into her feelings and rendering him essentially blind to everything but the knowledge that she still lived.

Were it not for Yoda's words forbidding him from going to her, he would have assumed she had simply lost consciousness and run to her to help. Part of his rogue nature screamed for him to go anyway, but what could he have done in such a Dark place? The cave would have tested him as well... and there were things buried in Kyp's mind that didn't need to ever come out again.

All he could do was wait for her to return... if that ever happened.

Ever since Yoda's departure, he and Nori had remained silent, keeping their troubled thoughts to themselves. Kyp simply kept his eyes shut while sitting on his rock, and meditated - trying to reach his apprentice, to connect with her and rouse his lost connection to her.

Kyp's ears perked and his eyes opened when he heard a distinctly familiar sound. The faint humming could be heard approaching before the sound of crunching sticks under Kali's footfalls as she approached, and the gleaming green blade of light could be seen through the fog before the silhouette of her body became visible.

Kyp slipped off his rock to his feet and walked over to her, but stopped short when she became completely visible through the fog. Her green jumpsuit was soiled to nearly black, and dirt was clumped to her face, revealing only trails of her fair skin where her tears had been sufficient to wash the dirt away.

Kali stopped, deactivated the lightsaber, and reached down to pick up her utility belt that she had left earlier, putting it back around her waist. It was only then that Kyp remembered that she hadn't carried a lightsaber when she left.

"Kali? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not," she replied curtly. "We'll talk about it later." She removed Kyp's borrowed lightsaber from her belt and handed it to him. "I won't be needing this anymore."

Kyp glanced at the weapon as he took it, and then watched Kali place her own lightsaber on her belt. It certainly wasn't the lightsaber she had been working on so unsuccessfully, and it looked very old.

Kali sidestepped Kyp and walked over to the hologram form of Nori, who regarded her with wide-eyed surprise.

Nori glanced down, noticing the lightsaber on her belt, and recognized it. She snapped her attention back to Kali's eyes.

"Where did you get that?"

"Hell has a gift shop."

Nori regarded the ferocity and determination in Kali's eyes, and then her haggard appearance. "So it would seem, Kali Atona."

Kali nearly sputtered a laugh. "My name is not Kali Atona. She doesn't exist anymore."

Nori's hologram wore an expression nearly as confused as Kyp's.

Kali didn't wait for a response or a request to clear the confusion. "I carry memories with me that need to be recorded. Will you show me how to record them in the holocron?"

"Gladly," Nori responded. Her hologram vanished and the holocron floated gently toward Kali, but Nori's voice ga

23. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Jedi_Guard_of_Death, I read that as a brother scene (which it seems it was supposed to be) rather than a slash scene... >_>

I love Tik... oh, I SO want him to kill Nori, but I don't. Hm. Strange.

Holo-Nori's statement to Kyp, about women being dangerous, was.. yes. I laughed. hehe... The mark of a good story, one that can be funny and dark in the same post. Yay...

Unfortunately, I'll probably miss the next few posts since I'm back at school tomorrow, with no access to TFN (heh, I'm lucky I even have Internet at the moment), but that just means I'll have loads of great stuffness to read when I get back on unblocked net again. ^_^ So can't wait.

24. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    djcati:
    I read that as a brother scene (which it seems it was supposed to be) rather than a slash scene... >_>

You are correct.

I love Tik... oh, I SO want him to kill Nori, but I don't. Hm. Strange.

Hmm... knowing what happened to her makes it a bit difficult to just want to see her whacked, eh?

Holo-Nori's statement to Kyp, about women being dangerous, was.. yes. I laughed.

Nice lead-in to the Kali/Jaina duo, I think.

I'll have loads of great stuffness to read when I get back on unblocked net again.

Yes, you will!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    AUGH! Poor Ben! But Jaina/Kali Twi'lek prostitutes was SO funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.