main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Con] C3 Caravan Stuff

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I am really hoping to drive, but at this point depending on school i might have to fly. i hope not, cuase i want to see the stuff in between. right now im still down for the driving part.

and its cool that you will driving jenn!!

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, I am up for driving. I love road trips. Plus i have this weird thing that if I am in a new place I cant fall asleep( thats really sucked whne i was going through utah).So i could talk to people the whole way or put some miles behind us.Plus I can navigate awsomely(new word).
    I am a night person so I can volunteer for night driving if needed.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I know a lot of people are not wanting to leave as early as Monday, and if we're going to rent one large vehicle to transport all or most of the driving folk...then I must be flexible.

My thing is I cannot drive or be a passenger in a vehicle for that long...long story, but basically I get super sick...I dont know if its the constant sitting or what...anyway

If Tuesday will work for everyone else...Tuesday would work for me.

MA has a lead on a super good deal...I dont know what kind of time frame we're looking at for the reservation, but if we have that many people interested in it, we might want to jump on it soon.

If theres only 5 or 6 planning to get there by car, then we can go with a much smaller mini van...as long as there is a tow hitch.

So far I've only seen 3 definites on driving out...anymore takers?

4. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I would like to be part of the caravan--preferably at the more leisurly pace. I don't care to drive at night and don't sleep in moving vehicles well at all so I think it best if I take more time.
    Has anyone actually checked on prices to rent a van? It can be costly to take one out of state--especially if they make you pay for mileage.

5. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I know that I am driving. I will be leaving Denver on tuesday and arriving at Indionapolis on Wednesday. Then I will leave Indianapolis on Sunday and Get back to denver by late Monday.

6. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    road trips are fun

7. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    Since I've decided to take the boy, I think flying is the best option for me. JGoC, let me know what you find out about discounts for groups, I'll be happy to book as early as needed.

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
  9. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    I believe Rachel and I are flying, and I'd like to try keeping my luggage space as small as possible, so that means no armor, and probably no helmets.

And remembering Taeriel's airport dilemma -- lightsabers look like pipe bombs under the X-ray machine.

And if we get a large enough group flying together, maybe it wouldn't be that weird to fly in costume, since clothes take up *much* less space. LOL.

10. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    In fact, I may just neglect to pack clothes altogether. I'm pretty sure I can buy licensed SW socks, underwear, pants, shorts, and shirts while we're there.

Right?

11. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    ooh p-josh i would almost pay to see you try to get on the plane in your stormtrooper armor!

12. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    That would be hilarious, the only reason we are driving is because of costume space. Maybe I could reconsider wearing Fett to C3?

13. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    A word of note....contacting any airlines in question well before traveling, and offering to have all equipment & costumes specially inspected usually goes over very well. I make it a point to do that voluntarily when transporting some of my more exotic rifles and such. It takes more time, but they know yur coming, and it generally makes for a smooth transition to and from; my stuff is usually done and specially marked well before take-off time, and it is never inspected again as long as that airlines inspection tape/tag is undisturbed.

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, I had the image in my mind of going to the airport in an X-Win Pilot Costume. It would certainly ..... negate any questions about why you have lightsabers, blasters and other exotic items in your baggage. ;) [face_laugh]

15. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    When I went to D*Con last year, Zoo told me to tell them I had a movie prop in my luggage (twisted up hoop skirt). It worked. THey scanned it real quick and let me go on my way.

16. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Heck, the Droid Transport Ship is easily made to fly in Earth skies...we should just make our own fleet fer travelin' to Cons and such...FLOL!

17. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Well i want to take vader ( gotta do the 501st group photo).

Umm.. id be hot as hell.. But maybe i could just wear vader on the plane. I can sit down in vader. Umm..

TK armor has to stay home.

Any wo.

Plane Prices :
    Denver - Indapolis

Orbitz - $246
    Cheap Tickets - $240
    TravelOcity - $240

As of 11pm 9-25
    They have gone down about 100 dollars sence June.

18. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Wishing I could sit down in my Vader rig...

Thanx for the price updates, DL.

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm thinking for tickets they will get cheaper closer to the date, I will contact a travel agent & see if we get 10-12 tickets at the same time if we could get a group rate. The only thing with that is we would all need to leave at the same time, same plane & what-not, anyone up for that?

DL, we do have a caravan going & we are thinking to rent a u-haul trailer to bring costumes for the people flying. Your welcome to this option as well :D
    For a "Motley Crew" we can get organized :D

20. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Let me know about the group rate,im thinking I should fly.

21. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Still trying to get motivated to drag ANY costumes half way across the country...

22. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am sure we could figure out something to motivate you....

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Okay... It might be down to a few people driving again, so I was hoping to get a better idea of numbers for this part of the C3 planning. :)

I know that I will be driving out, and I know that the Brothers Birrer will be joining me. My nephew will be flying (I'm not letting him get away w/ missing that much school [face_not_talking] ). And after a conversation w/ a certain dark Gungan, I know that he will be in another car. So, as far as confirmations, I have 2 cars and 5 people. I'll start a running list here, and if you are taking this option we need to know.

The other issue at hand is the trailer. I am not in a position to be able to rent one of these, so if anyone is thinking they want their costumes transported, then they need to step up and get this one worked out. I will have just enough room in my car for 2 barabel tails, and the rest of our gear. That's it! So, if you want me hauling a ton more stuff across the country, then there will need to be some work done. I can figure out how much drain it will put on my gas mileage, and that's all those needing stuff transported will have to chip in, but that HAS to be taken into consideration as well.

The current plan of action for the drive out is going to be a two day venture; leaving early on Tuesday and getting through Kansas in the first day (trust me, it's the ONLY way that drive makes sense - and who wants two days in Kansas :p ). Spend the night in Missouri and then leave first thing Wednesday to get into Indy prior to the dinner hour (hopefully before rush hour even) and then joining the group for an "OMG WE'RE AT C3!/BIRTHDAY/CON PARTY BLOW-OUT."

Transportation Orders
    Speeder 1*
    ZOO
    Birrers
    Cargo Manifest = Full

Speeder 2*
    darth-jar
    Bone
    Cargo Manifest = Full

*We'll have to think of a better name for the vehicles as we get closer to the event

24. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    What happened o the van/trailer rental idea?

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Like I said, I can't rent it, and no one else has stepped up to get that worked out yet. Plus, my *understanding* is that some people have dropped out of driving. The people listed are the only ones who have *confirmed* that they are driving.

I would like to have some kind of plan and #'s together before talking to any other groups about joining any kind of *caravan* we might have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.