main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [CON]MonsterCon, Oct 4&5 - Volunteers needed!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    To make my life easier I'm quoting RipRoar's post in my next post.

What *I* need is volunteers to work 2 hour shifts at the registration table. If you can make it please sign up here:

1) Jada - Registration Mistress

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006

3. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    any gaming at monstercon?

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Not that I know of. Let me ask Ray.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    No gaming but lots of fun! ;)

VOLUNTEER INFORMATION

OK, now that I have your attention :p here is the deal.

Anyone who volunteers for 4 hours over the MonsterCon weekend gets a free weekend pass and a t-shirt OR 1/2 price admission for a friend.

Ray . . . as well as me - need people to work the registration table and to also check folks for wrist bands around the con.

~Jada

6. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    well i wont be able to make it regardless. just found out that we're heading to the beach that weekend for a couple of days. this makes the 2nd time i've missed this.

7. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I will volunteer - I'll get you times available (Not sure yet if 2 hours or 4 or 2 hours both days)... AND I copied the above from Ray's information so Ray gets all the credit!

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I still own you a PM RIP. Only so many hours in a Wench's day. ;)

Jonathan, bummer. :(

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I can work saturday any time (Will be there from opening on). Sunday will most likely be from 1PM on..

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    If it is ok with you and Paul (if he is still available) I'll have you help open with me.

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    SURE - that would be GREAT! I'll ask Paul to confirm too. I will have my older son and his friend with me but they will probably wander around as paid customers...

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, tomorrow is the day! Hope to see some of you there. :D

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Paul can't make it but we will be there

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Many MANY thanks to RipRoar, Stardancer and roydh for their volunteer work. Without you *I* could not have done my job and Ray couldn't have had his con. You all really were there when I needed you. Thank you.

I do have pictures uploaded here.

Unfortunately on Sunday I fell victim to some zombies and I am now one of them. MUST EAT BRAINS NOM NOM NOM!!!!!

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/MonsterCon2008/Picture069.jpg]

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    No it was my pleasure to help out "Friends". I'm just sorry I couldn't make it back on Sunday since my car breaks went (Fixed Monday AM). As far as the CON - it was Great! Especially with the economy tanking lately. Can't wait to help on something else... Thank you Jada for inviting me. Looks like I missed out on more Star Wars FUN by ALL from the pics you posted AND THE CONCERTS TOO (Had to get the kids home).

Working on Halloween costumes now and still working away on my SW armor, etc. Want to make sure it's right the first time before going forward!

You guys are GREAT! The Con was a lot of Fun - hope it keeps growing and I can be a part of it again! So glad things have worked out...

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey, don't forget the CFF is going to Pirate Day at the RennFest on the 8th. I know you all usually go for the Halloween weekend but you have an open invite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.