main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CONFIRMATION: Live Series will be between ROTS and ANH!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Lapti_Nek, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lapti_Nek

Lapti_Nek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    From Ain't It Cool News, April 24th:

"Lucas said that there were plans in the works to continue with the Clone Wars as half hour episodes on the Cartoon Network (applause erupted at this point, but I think underneath all of the clapping I heard Lucas say it was going to be 3-D animated, but there was a lot of applause so I could have been hearing things). He also commented on the live action future as well. He said that the whole project was probably about 2 years out, but that they wanted to get a full season of scripts written before production would start (like they did on Young Indiana Jones). He also said that the series would take place between Episodes 3 and 4. At a later edition of the 6 minute Sith montage (awesome by the way) Rick commented on the TV show as well, saying that there was a plan for 100 episodes (queue applause)."

From this thread:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20012

So now we know for sure, and it sounds GREAT to me!

2. AmazingDM

AmazingDM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    that sucks because there wont be that many jedi

something before ep1 would be nice

3. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I'm down with the Empire being all big and bad again.

4. DarthSidiousIII

DarthSidiousIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    So long as the acting's good, I'm all set.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    As I said in another thread:

As far as I'm aware, only AICN have said that Lucas said the live action show is between 3 and 4. The OS never mentioned that little 'fact' when they mentioned everything else Lucas said.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

6. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Latest word is that there will be 100 1-hour episodes, with at least some of the first season episodes being directed by GL himself! (The good thing about having a definite number of episodes is that the story arcs will be clear and won't meander aimlessly from plot to plot, like a lot of show end up doing).

In this day and age where shows like ALIAS and LOST practically make mini-movies every week, I am rather optimistic about their being able to pull this off.

Let's just hope the writing and acting are up to par, and that the stories don't get too Trek-y.

Hopefully, GL won't do something *too* different, like he did with Young Indy. I loved that show, don't get me wrong, but it did not feature the type of Indiana Jones stories most audiences had come to know and love.

7. Jonger1150

Jonger1150 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    If there are going to be 100 live actor episodes I'll crap myself. In fact, it might be time to invest in "fruit of the loom" now.

8. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I'm telling ya! It's going to have Captain Antilles and the droids!

9. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    No, I hope Aayla Secura survives ROTS, sheds the head tails and lives out her life as a normal-looking blonde with Jedi powers.

A fanboy can dream, can't he?

10. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I kinda hope it has all original characters mostly.

11. Lapti_Nek

Lapti_Nek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    ...A normal-looking blond with Jedi Powers who fights the Empire in a thong and pasties!

Yeah... now back to reality.

I was thinking it might end up being an anthology series. There are so many characters, it would be possible to cover them all and have a story arc that crosses and connects them all.

We could have young Han Solo's adventures, including meeting and saving Chewbacca from Imperial slavers, and his good times with a young Lando Calrissian.

We could have Boba Fett's earliest adventures.

How about some stories about young Luke and Biggs on Tattooine?

Political intrigue as Bail Organa teaches young Leia to be a skilled politician.

The Droids travel from place to place, seeing amazing things and people.

MORE Political intrigue as Bail, Mon Mothma, and young Leia oppose Emperor Palpatine's every evil step, and they forge the earliest incarnation of the Rebellion.

The purge. Certainly, not ALL Jedi will be killed in ROTS...

Yoda sets up his home on Dagobah. "Better Homes & Swamps."

Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi has some adventures as an older man, when he travels to Mos Espa to look in on an old friend.

Vader's paternity test results come in, and he is stunned to find out he really does have a father, and that father is. . .

Crix Madine's forbidden romance with a young Mon Mothma. Va va voom!

Commander Ackbar: Special Victims Unit.

etc. The potential is great.

12. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    Much as I love them, anthologies don't usually do too well. AMAZING STORIES, QUANTUM LEAP, TWILIGHT ZONE -- cult favorites, but they don't usually run longer than 3 or 4 seasons, because there's not enough of a thread to keep the viewer hooked from episode to episode (QL is an exception, as it did have a mythology tying it all together, but even it ran out of ideas).

I'd prefer long stories of the ROBOTECH variety, arcs that last a couple of seasons, get resolved, but then lead into other greater plots. (Yes, I know ROBOTECH was actually 3 separate series stitched together).

13. RandallFett

RandallFett Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Don't you think it would make sense for the series to be the begining of the Rebellion?

14. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Why would lucas waste his time directing this show? I thought Lucas said he would never direct another star wars movie. (aka episodes 7-9) Because LUcas wanted to move onto other things.

If lucas is gonna direct alot of these episodes then why not just make episodes 7-9 while harrison ford, mark hammil and carrie fisher are still alive (and lucas).

15. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Because Episode VI is the end of the story. End of Anakin Skywalker=End of Star Wars.

16. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Is there gonna be 100 episodes in season 1,is that correct?

This gonna be cool,too see other Jedi being wiped out.Too see Boba Fett in armor action.

What king of lightsaber duels will there be?The only bad guys with lightsabers for the Jedi too fight is Vader and Sidious.Are they gonna fight in it?

Is GL directing the whole first season?

GL is probably not going to have purple or yellow lightsabers in it,that sucks...

17. DarthTwoface

DarthTwoface Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2000
    It has to be about the adolescent Boba Fett and him becoming a Bounty Hunter, I mean its so obvious. Thats the guy most mainstream people know about. Bad thing is that there wont be a lot of jedi, if there are...

18. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    It has to be about the adolescent Boba Fett and him becoming a Bounty Hunter

Gosh, I hope not. We've seen enough of that character already. He was much cooler when he was a minor character. The backstory he got in AOTC was plenty.

Plus, why follow a character who is destined to die in such a cheesy way (EU stories excluded)?

19. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    I would hope the series takes place about 5 years after ROTS, and perhaps follows a character through the new Imperial Academy. Perhaps s/he gets kicked out, or leaves on his own.

Vader could pop up in a very minor role once a season. Obi-Wan, Yoda and the twins would of course be out of the picture. Maybe the hero/heroine would bump into one of the last remaining Jedi (who would of course eventually get killed by Vader in a season ending cliffhanger).

Whatever GL and Lucasfilm do, I hope they remain true to the saga and don't take the "quick and easy path." A series done on the cheap would anger many fans and bring down the STAR WARS saga as a whole. See what happened to STAR TREK?

20. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    Funny. I was joking before about Aayla Secura. Now check this out this story from TF.N:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_91649.asp

Woo-hoo!

Of course, it's still wishful thinking at this stage...

21. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Wow, I realy should cheek here more often!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

22. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    so any other info about this series? maybe kinda cool

23. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I think that the number 100 comes from the number of documentaries that will accompany the Young Indy DVD set. I haven't seen anything on the official site about the 100 episodes part. In fact, GL said that depending on the success of this series, we could see other series set in other time periods.

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Aayla Secura could definitely star in the show. Maybe not as the "STAR" but definitely a main character.

25. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    It will be a comedy starring Jar Jar Binks and will be called "Jar Jar's Big Adventure!" I hear that they will even do a Gungan Holiday Special at Christmas time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.