main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CONFIRMATION: Live Series will be between ROTS and ANH!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Lapti_Nek, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was there- Lucas said he'd "get things started" then hand things off to the show runner. By that he could mean directing the pilot or simply that he's functioning as a producer, assembling the creative talent that will run the show from the get-go.

They said they were making something like 100 documentaries for the forthcoming Young Indy DVD's- one for each historical character in the episodes.

If there was mention of "100 episodes" at another panel/showing I didn't attend, it's more likely they mean that they are aiming for a finite amount of episodes with a pre-planned story arc ala Babylon 5, whih also usually meet the requirements for syndication.

2. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    I hope Gary Kurtz is brought back............

3. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    I used to always believe that a TALES OF THE JEDI TV series could be the awesomest thing, but changed that when I saw EP 2.

WHile I still have serious doubts about the quality of Ep 3, I will give it a chance. I still have doubts about the current GL to get SW done in a manner that lives up to the original Trilogy,b ut if it is on TV, all I have to do is change the channel and I will be done with it.

4. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    You'd do 100 episodes over about 4 or 5 seasons, because at that point you have enough to go into syndication, and make a metric tonne more money out of the series.

My preference would be a "birth of the rebellion" series, scattered between the last of the Jedi Knights, a new squadron of x-wing pilots, some rogues and some senators with occasional guest appearances from Vader or other luminaries.

5. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    This would be sweet.

They'll definitely do enough to get into syndication.

I'm thinking they'll do a SW scroll at the beginning of each season and then play out that way. That way if they make only 100 episodes or 5 seasons worth they can cover the full 18-19 years to ANH.

Maybe start season one 3-4 years after ROTS, then each season is 3 yrs later, so if they do five the last season would be 3 years before ANH, and the finale could be Vader taking out Amy Allen or any other token remaining Jedi.

I would also love to see a KOTOR themed show, I think that would rock!!!

6. Mandalore1324

Mandalore1324 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    personally i think it would be nice to see a series involving boba fett he lost a lot of credibility in AotC for being Jangos clone i think this show could show how he becomes the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy and how he is a force to be reckoned with

7. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I was initially against the idea of having an opening scroll, but I think that putting it only at the beginning of each season would be a terrific idea. That way, the show could really "reset" at the beginning of the season.

Finding the right balance of what works in a small screen serial format, and what works in an expensive big screen movie, is going to be a great challenge. The show will of course not have the budget of the films, so they'll have to use big action setpieces sparingly. (YOUNG INDY had quite a few grand sequences, among them a giant WWI battle between the French and Germans).

8. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    "personally i think it would be nice to see a series involving boba fett he lost a lot of credibility in AotC for being Jangos clone i think this show could show how he becomes the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy and how he is a force to be reckoned with "

HE DID ONE COOL THING IN EMPIRE, AND THE REST IS CRAP.

KamenSentaiMetalHero likes this.
  9. SaberLover

SaberLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    I was also there at that show,m when lucas talked about this..

He never mentioned anything about 3D Cartoons/animation..

All the other information is accurate.. My guess is that the TV show will cover the beginnings of the rebellion (A very meaty part of Star Wars lore, rich with climatic battles and tons of drama. If done right, it should make for an awesome show.

The cartoon, on the other hand, Im confused about..
    The clone wars are over..So what is this new Animated series (In Lucas's own words, "similiar to the Clone Wars") to be about??..
    My Guess... And I can limit my Guess to one word...

VADER (post episode 3)

HEH HEH.. We'll see if my guess is right.. Remeber, you heard it from me, here, first..

10. SaberLover

SaberLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    seems I am mistaken!
    "QelDroma- Just checked the Official Site for updates, and its there. GL states that they will be doing the 30 minutes 3-D animation on the Clone Wars. "

11. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Why couldn't they just use regular animation? I don't want Star Wars looking like Toy Story or the Care Bears.

12. Courtney_of_Yavin

Courtney_of_Yavin Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Has there been any announcment of when it is to start, i.e. Fall of 2006?

13. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    And I can limit my Guess to one word...

VADER (post episode 3)

That would be absolutely BANANAS!

In fact, I was just saying to myself that the only thing that could make Clone Wars cooler is if it somehow could have had Vader (which it obviously couldn't...but I just wanna see a cartoon Vader). [-o|

I think you're on the right track btw. It might be wishful thinking having Vader in it, but when GL says "like Clone Wars", I think he just means that the plan is to have a cartoon series about SW, which is what CW is...hence "like Clone Wars". Not literally having more Clone Wars.

I'm REAL nervous about a live-action series though. It looks real lame in my head. But like someone said earlier, tv shows are becoming more and more sophisticated. Heck, 24 is like a movie every week.

My guess is that it's going to focus on two storylines: 1 or 2 Jedi who are trying to survive, and 1 or 2 Stormtroopers and their careers.

We have to understand that tv shows have to be more character driven, and thus aren't going to be as expansive as the movies. There won't be huge story arcs that effect continuity as a whole. It'll be a microscope into the lives of one or two relatively insignificant people living during that time (post E3).

14. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Folks, this is a Godsend for the hardcore fans of the Classic Trilogy. I have wanted to see the Empire and Vader in their primes for so long. I hope *crossing fingers* that this show will feature the man in black (Vader of course) hunting the rest of the Jedi down, and perhaps trying to acertain the location of Ben and Yoda. I think it could feature Vader, Tarkin, and the Emperor easily. Vader is in a suit, so that is easy as far as castnig goes. They can easily cast someone to put in make-up as Palpatine, and Tarkin shouldn't be too difficult. Mon Mothma, Bail, the Imperial Senate, and the rebellion shouldn't be too difficult to cast.

I would like to see the expansion of the Empire. Surely it didn't gain control of the galaxy over night. This could be very good. I will be happy even if it sucks.

15. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    ""QelDroma- Just checked the Official Site for updates, and its there. GL states that they will be doing the 30 minutes 3-D animation on the Clone Wars."

Where on the official site is that info?

Man that's too bad they're going the 3-D route instead of more of the great animation that they've had so far.

And like you said before, what exactly are they going to do with Clone Wars anyway? Fans want to see what happens NEXT, not what happened AGAIN. We've seen Clone Wars, and with E3, we've seen what happens after. Do we really need to see more of what happens right in between? I just can't understand why Lucas has no desire to cover the seemingly ultra-cool Jedi Purge period.

And I'm REAL skeptical about the prospects of a 3-D show. All of the attempts at 3D cartoons have failed miserably, and looked terrible. I know GL is in love with his technology...I guess we'll have to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.