main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    whostheBossk and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is huge news. Can't believe this is happening. He seems to imply that some of the spin-off films will come at the same time as the ST. I don't actually like the idea of that. I would prefer the ST to be done and dusted before any "spin-offs" are produced. And as for the question, I put movies and EU characters.

Joe Antonetti, eht13 and fistofan1 like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I voted for both. I would like to see a Darth Bane series, maybe a Darth Plagueis film, a Qui-Gon film would be very interesting (anything to get Liam Neeson back would be awesome IMO.) I'm very interested to see what Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have in store. I'm even more curious about these spin-offs than I am for Episode VII right now (that will change when Episode VII gets closer of course.)

SaucySarlaac, Graphic and Vespasian like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have zero problem with this.

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Yesssssssssssssssssss.

That is all.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Anyone else get the impression that things are bat **** crazy at The Ranch right now?

Jcuk, Padme501st, Graphic and 5 others like this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Disney needs wants your money guys.

EUdiscoverer1136 likes this.
  8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Six years?

We'll see...

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Count me in for Ewok Adventure 3. I'll skip Boba Fett vs. Predator

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Disney will get my money! TAKE IT!

Echo-07, Vespasian, Jobertus and 3 others like this.
  11. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I get the impression that Disney is going to milk to desert dry. That's my impression. I find it disgusting. Look what happened to Assassins Creed. A game every single year, and the gold has lost it's luster. I quit buying them because it's just more of the same with a different paint job. Quality, not quantity!!! When corporations take over things they always ruin them with over-saturation. This is exactly what I was afraid of Disney doing...."sigh". More Star Wars is fine, but TOO MUCH is not fine. It loses it's QUALITY when done too much. Look at TCW. Half the season is filler and even some utter garbage, the other half is quality and epic (like the last 3 episodes). Why not cut the season in half and just make ALL QUALITY episodes? This is my point with Disney.

Now there will be about 5-6 movies in 6-7 year span, and Star Wars wont be so shinny and glorious anymore. It will just be "there". More of something does NOT always mean quality. People obsessing and ruining it even more until I am sick of hearing about it. Less is more!!!

I will be one of the few people who refuses to go to the theater and give them my money. I don't go to theaters. I don't fund the corporate machine. I wont fund this milking to death of something I enjoy. Because I wont enjoy it anymore with over-saturation. I have other ways to watch movies....

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No surprise.That's what they're doing with Marvel, and it's worked well so far.

So yeah - looks like Joe Johnston will be getting his Boba Fett movie!

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Guess that confirms Episode VII in 2015, Episode VIII in 2017, Episode IX in 2019.

Episode Swag likes this.
  14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    They're going to milk every last cent from your wallet. Much like the franchise. :p

15. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Marvel has released more than 9 in the last 8 years, and they still make the top 10 highest grossing movies, and in the case of The Avengers they're also highly reviewed and remembered.

16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The endgame is a stand-alone Star Wars theme park. The idiotic EPCOT repurposed as StarWarsLand. Giant DeathStar right smack in the middle. I will buy my retirement condo there at the gate and spend my twilight years shaking my cane at anyone who says complimentary things about the prequel trilogy.

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    What's nice is that, just like the other EU, you can just pick and choose.

Dra---, Lee_, V-2 and 6 others like this.
  18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Anyone else up for a Cad Bane movie?

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Eh... see to me, there's a dark side to big franchises being creator-owned. Ask a Ninja Turtles fan how fun it is for the Turtles to just up and disappear for a decade at a time, at the whim of Eastman or Laird. The filler nature of TCW is totally at the behest of Lucas guiding the show. A Disney TCW would almost certainly have more focus, if for no other reason than maximizing merchandising potential. It's hard to sell Obi-Wan and Anakin toys when they don't even show up on the cartoon for 8 episodes at a time. For all their indie charms, Lucasfilm has often been too quirky for their own good.

The upside to corporate ownership is a steady flow of content: like how Batman never completely disappears from the public consciousness. It also means opportunities to get new and compelling artists working on the franchise. You've mentioned the downside to that constant flow, and I share those concerns. I agree that there's definitely such a thing as too much Star Wars.

20. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Wonder how long we're going to get before some genius comes along and says "These will suck. Not seeing these even though I know absolutely nothing about them."

I give it within 3 pages.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll be sure to put a second mortgage on my home so I can go see all these spin-offs and then go again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Julius Vernon, Lee_, Echo-07 and 2 others like this.
  22. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    2015 - Episode VII
    2016 - Yoda origin movie
    2017 - Episode VIII
    2018 - Boba Fett movie
    2019 - Episode IX
    2020 - Darth Maul origin movie

:)

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't see Disney mentioning spin-off films as massive news, wasn't that pretty much known when the deal was done? They were always going to make more than just the ST movies.

As for having the ST finished within 6 years, Iger said "starting in 2015" which to me means they plan to have them finished within 6 years of 2015 when VII is out, meaning 2-3 years for VIII & IX as was always stated.

I am fine with K & K doing spin-off movies, I hope to see a Boba Fett one and something from the Old Republic era.

TreborSabreon, Echo-07 and yodasbum like this.
  24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Bob Iger has a big smile on his face now.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh, well. Not surprising. They're Disney, what do you expect?

I'll wait and rent them....wait, will one still be able to rent normal DVDs in 7 years??? [face_dunno]

Episode Swag likes this.