main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY ** Confirmed ** Star Wars Bowling League Episode II

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm definitely burned out too. I'm not sure if I want to bowl in the fall or not too. If we do, I am in favor of looking for another facility that will give us our own league. Thruway Lanes doesn't seem to give a hoot if we're there or not, which is surprising considering how deserted the place is on Friday nights as of late.

2. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Good to hear you might have a date Kyle, and sad to hear the "whammy" man won't be at bowling anymore.....This season seems like it will never end, if we bowl again we definitley need to find anohter place that is more receptive to us....

3. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Bowling with Rochester would be great fun! I dont know if I could commit to another league though, it gets quite difficult with all the little one is into, being forced back into full-time at work and Tae Kwon Do to commit 4 months of Fridays.. NOT that it hasnt been a blast!
    If everyone is burned out, we could always just do an occasional bowling night how we used to do game nights! That would be fun! Dinner, bowling, maybe a movie or whatnot. :)
    But yes, I agree, definitely another bowling establishment who appreciates the business and money we give to them. The Transit lanes is a really nice alley, but maybe kinda far for everyone?

4. Darth_Snappahead

Darth_Snappahead Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2005
    I hate bowling!

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I wish I could just pay what I still owe for the ball and skip the rest of the season. It's fun, and aside from burnout, it's summer. There's lawn fetes to go to and poker to play!

6. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    i think i might be there:_|

7. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    She bailed on you already??:eek: [face_worried]

8. Darth_Snappahead

May 20, 2005
    Hey Kyle! Maybe if you spruced up your armor a bit, more chicks would dig you! A little bondo and a fresh coat of paint would do the trick! Being the chick magnet that I am, I know what I'm talking about! Like the song says "every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man...dalorian"

9. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
  10. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I'll be there if anyone needs a spare bowling partner... [face_whistling]

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    It may be a possibility. Kyle may or may not be coming and Scott definitely won't be there.

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    As we all knew would happen, the mnager of the center came in today, and did not call me. I called this morning and was told that she was already gone and won't be back for a week. I have the contact for the district manager and will be calling him and the corporate office to complain.

If anyone else would like to call to voice theor concerns, the corporate number is 1-800-342-5263

I also voted several;) times on THIS site to rate my experience at the center.

I will keep everyone posted

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I am not suprised in the least that they have adopted the head in the sand routine...

Called and visited site. [face_skull]

14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    PROGRESS!!!

Received a call from another associate atthe center. She is very understanding of our situation and upset that the issue has gone this far. I explained that I do not want to give any more money to the facility and that we deserve some respect since we are paying patrons, especially during the slow summer season.

She is going to calculate the totals and see if anyone owes anything for their merchandise, minus the remaining weeks of bowling. The center was counting on us to return in the fall, but I hope they can see the writing on the wall and clear our lanes for someone else who is willing to be treated this way.

I was told that I would be getting a call back on Monday. If I do, I am going to suggest the party to be held this week so that we can all get together one last time there and at least get our merchandise.

I'll keep you posted!

15. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Good to hear that you got a response.....a little late, but a response none the less. If they are counting on us to return so much, then why are they treating us like we don't exist. Granted we may not be the league that spends alot of money there, but we've still showed up for the last 30 some weeks....If you got the contact info for the manufacturer of the balls, could you send it to me and I will see if some of the other fine establishments would be interested in us joing their roster of bowlers. Hopefully we can get this whole issue resolved and this thing put behind us.....

Oh yeah lets invade Batavia again and show Rochester who the champs are again...

16. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    I voted [face_skull] Their ratings dont look good for them....

17. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    You're not the only ones having trouble with AMF bowling centers. Many have closed across the U.S. recently, included my home house for 4 years, Rose Bowl. The bottom line with AMF is money. If you are looking for an independant bowling alley, Town Edge Lanes on Clinton Street in Kaisertown is a possibility. The center is 12 lanes and recently changed owners. Broadway Sports Center is also a possibility. They have 26 lanes and are synthetic, like Thruway Lanes. They are located across from Holiday Twin Rinks and is not far from Union Road.

I'm with Dan. Let's invade Batavia and show Rochester who's boss.

18. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Monday came and went........

no phone call.

I'll give it another day. All they are doing at this point is fuelling the fire.

19. Darth_Snappahead

May 20, 2005
    What ever happened with this? Are we getting our mechandise or what?:confused:

20. STORMTROOPER8919

STORMTROOPER8919 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2006
    We have a few out here in HAMBURG Area?How Can A "NEW" guy get involved in this Bowling THING?

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The bowling league has already ended. I am working to coordinate our end of season pizza party.

I called today and just missed Kelly at the alleys. I'll be calling again tomorrow before work.

22. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Good luck, hopefully we can get the league officially over by the end of the month

23. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    The perfect end to a screwed up season... I feel that my not getting my stuff was in a way some sort of petty-assed revenge from the staff at that mismanaged hell hole! I had a problem, and had the nerve to say something about it. They had to actually do something, and were upset... Boo-hoo I can't sit on my ass and watch people bowl. I *GASP* have to use customer service skills to deal with a problem! Never mind that they screwed up. I guess if you stand up for yourself, and are not a sheep, it makes people uncomfortable... Hey, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it! Just ask Super Chicken!

I cannot understand why this happened. I know I called and it was confirmed on 3 separate occasions that I wanted the poster package... I put a note in with my money on the first week, and even talked with Kelly (useless tool) herself! To find out at the end I could not get it. Better yet, to be told I owed $15 at the end, for what I asked. Oh for my memorabillia package, of course! Then to be told I still wasn't getting my stuff was beyond incompetant! How could you not know what I was supposed to get, and those of you who were supposed to get hats, that didn't... I would raise all kinds of hell until I got my hat, never mind that you didn't want it! Hell. I'll buy it off you if they send it! I actually didn't want to talk to the manager again, because I was certain I would have done something I later would regret... That's how pissed off I am right now! Red stapler/Milton pissed off! Tornado? Why not 100 yards further? kind of pissed off!

Then, I can't get my money I paid in without manager approval? I paid for the stuff, they never delivered, and I have to wait while they ask daddy for their allowance? (The truth is they probably didn't have enough in the register to cover it) This is total BS, and just goes to further the feeling that they never gave a rats ass about us... Funny how we all walked into an empty bowling alley today? I guess we all know why it's empty.

24. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    So, I take it everything went well today?

o_O

25. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    They are pathetic. I came back later that evening to hand in what I owed so that I can get my ball. She didn't bring the bag back - after giving it out to the rest of the gang earlier that afternoon. Talk about short-term memory. I kindly asked her if the bag came with the ball. "Oh, yeah. I forgot to get it." Now, if I didn't remind her, I wouldn't have a bag.
    :mad:

(Just as a (unrelated) side-note, the attendant at the park pool didn't even know what the word 'subsequent' meant. And they call us geeks?)
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.