main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Confused about Jedi and Seperatist slaughter

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH-SHREDDER, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    The slaughter at the Jedi Temple was Anakin's Sith Trial--Palpatine needed to know right then if Anakin truly was Sith material. The murder of the separatists is the reward. The trial needed to be something Anakin didn't want to do--so by doing it showed he was committed to Palpatine and the Sith.

2. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Well, once Anakin realizes that Palps is the sith lord, he says he would very
    much like to kill him. This is before he tells Mace. He is able to put together on his own that Palps was behind Dooku and the plot against Padme. but he needs
    Palps too much not to follow the dark path.

3. Darth Philo

Darth Philo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 1999
    What I want to know is, who gets the credit for stopping the Jedi and killing the Separatists, Skywalker or Vader? Remember, most people don't know Vader is Skywalker. Also, Skywalker is a hero of the Republic. What do most people think happened to him? Did he rebel with the rest of Jedi? And where did they think Vader came from? From what we can gather from ANH, people think Vader was a Jedi, right? What would the Emperial spin machine write?

4. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Darth Philo posted:
    What I want to know is, who gets the credit for stopping the Jedi and killing the Separatists, Skywalker or Vader? Remember, most people don't know Vader is Skywalker. [hr][/blockquote]
    Darth Vader gets that credit.

[blockquote][b]Darth Philo[/b] posted:[hr]Also, Skywalker is a hero of the Republic. What do most people think happened to him? Did he rebel with the rest of Jedi? And where did they think Vader came from? From what we can gather from ANH, people think Vader was a Jedi, right? What would the Emperial spin machine write? [hr][/blockquote]
    The people, except for the Imperials, are led to believe that Darth Vader (suited) led the assault on the Jedi Temple and in the process, killed the Republics "Hero" Anakin Skywalker. IMO, only the high ranked Imperials know Anakin is Darth Vader and to evreyone else, Vader is just Palpatine's assistant. That's my take on it.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Krueger is absolutely correct. The dark side is something that esnares you and makes you evil, very much like the ring of power in the LOTR. Anakin is the Gollum in this story.

6. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Shredder you raise a good point. I guess the way I saw it when viewing the film was Anakin suspects the Jedi may be trying to take over the Republic based on 1) the fact that they were trying to spy on Palps and 2) that Palps predicted they would attack him. Meanwhile it turns out that 1) Palps is in fact evil and is a Sith Lord who has been plotting a glactic takeover for over a decade and 2) The Jedi attack Palps only AFTER Anakin tells them the truth about Sidious? identity! So how the hell can he blame them???

If he does this all to save Padme, the fine. But any notion that the Jedi are ?taking over? when you know for a fact that Palps is a Sith who engineered the entire fake clone war and has been trying to kill Anakin and Padme for over a decade, is just ridiculous.

7. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    Anakin slaughters the Jedi and the Separatists because he's under orders to by his new Sith Master. Everything he does in ANH is also based on orders. His quest to find Luke was for his own want for power to take over the Sith Order and Empire. Once the Emperor learns of Luke, the search also becomes part of Vader's orders.

In ROTS, Anakin follows the orders of Sidious in hopes of learning this fabled power to save Padme. Everything is centered on that aim. Once he begins to fall away he starts to buy into the hate for the Jedi that Sidious generates. At first, Anakin is willing to capture Sidious for this power, but once Mace pushes the issue, Anakin feels compelled by his own fear of loss to turn on Mace. Once Sidious is saved, Anakin sees no way out but to join the Emperor and try to take over from the inside. He may or may not believe that the Jedi tried to assasinate Sidious. Once he joins him, that's a minor detail. The bottom line is; once he feels learning a power to save Padme can only be achieved by the darkside, anything that opposes the darkside is evil because it opposes knowledge that can save the ones he loves.

Ofcourse Anakin's logic is twisted and we're not really supposed to understand why he thinks on these terms. The film is trying to demonstrate how Anakin gets lost in the madness of it all. It's not the same as the kind of story where a soldier swiches sides of a war in something like the American Revolution. The darkside twists Anakin's faculty to reason. Although the Old Jedi were stable because they lacked emotional investments, Anakin was trained at an older than normal age and so his ability to disconnect himself from those investments were too difficult for him. He not only had to disconnect those early attachments, but also he wasn't able to fully develop his understansing of those kinds of feelings. He still had the emotional maturity of a young boy. With Luke, he is able to fully develop his emotional maturity because it's developed to adulthood under the care of the Lars family. This is why Luke was able to hang on to attachments without letting them blind him to his sense of duty and goodwill.

8. Jedi-Atreides

Jedi-Atreides Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Alot of good thoughts from you all. Jovieve, that's a good point, he could've blackmailed Sidious. Just makes it more tragic that he's starting to fall hard and he's blinded and in a state of complete confusion and desperation.

9. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    "No one but Sidious knew Anakin helped cut down Mace. It was a perfect blackmail scheme for Anakin, but he was too dim to pick up on it and then killed the only ace up his sleeve - the Jedi."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ONE KNEW? That's really confusing me. If no one but Sidious knew, then he could have just gone back to the Jedi and said "it was all Sidious." I thought the whole point was that he couldn't have gone back to the Jedi becuase they would kill him.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:.............

10. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    DARTH-SHREDDER posted:
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO KNEW? That's really confusing me. If no one but Sidious knew, then he could have just gone back to the Jedi and said "it was all Sidious." I thought the whole point was that he couldn't have gone back to the Jedi becuase they would kill him. [hr][/blockquote]
    Anakin couldn't have just came back to the Jedi and blamed everything on Palpatine. The Jedi might not have known that Anakin killed Mace but they still saw the hologram recordings of Anakin killing other Jedi.

11. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    So he always knew that the Jedi weren't evil, he just tried to convince himself that they were, even though he knew they weren't. So he doesn't ginuinly belive that they're evil?

12. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    No, Anakin believes they are evil. He walked in and saw Mace trying to kill Palpatine, just like Palpatine said they would.

13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    He (Anakin) also believes he's been deceived by the Jedi...that there were secrets of the Force they were not allowing him to learn. Anakin says as much when Obi-wan confronts him on Mustafar.

14. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    "The Jedi might not have known that Anakin killed Mace but they still saw the hologram recordings of Anakin killing other Jedi."

Yes, but he killed the other Jedi after he killed Mace. My point is, right after he killed Mace, he could have gone back to the jedi and they would have known nothing.

15. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    The fact is that Anakin made up his mind of what path he was going to take during his alone time in the Council Chambers. After he made that decision there was no turning back from it and he wouldn't try to go back to the Jedi.

16. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Anakin's decision in the Council chambers was to go to Palpidious' office and intervene if necessary. His decision to disarm Windu was not made until Mace was about to strike. Remember when he's speaking with Mace he's trying to convince Mace to spare Palpatine. He wants him alive so he can learn the true power of the whole force...not just the narrow teachings of the Jedi. However, Mace readies his killing blow and Anakin makes a split second decision. It's not premeditated, rather it's made in the heat of passion.

Anakin's only decision in the Council chambers was to go and intervene to try and keep Palpatine alive...not necessarily to kill Windu. That changes after the events in the office.

17. Ltrey33

Ltrey33 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2002
    Anakin is trying to bring "peace" to the galaxy, and is once again manipulated by Palps as to the best way to do that.

18. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    I understand what your saying, NoONE, and you are right. But Anakin had to have known that things could get a little hairy. This is just my opinion but I think that while he was in the Council Chambers he knew what had to be done if Mace wouldn't cooperate with him.

19. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    The slaughter at the Jedi Temple was Anakin's Sith Trial--Palpatine needed to know right then if Anakin truly was Sith material. The murder of the separatists is the reward.

I agree with the first line, but not the second. He's crying after the separatist slaughter. It's not something he WANTS to do, he's just doing his job - and doing something that he believes will make him more powerful.

20. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Krueger is absolutely correct. The dark side is something that esnares you and makes you evil, very much like the ring of power in the LOTR. Anakin is the Gollum in this story.

LOL i can see it now,

Vader: MY PRREEESIOUS!

but aside from the joke your pretty right but if Anakin is Gollum eek well i guess they are both ugly so that fits lol. enough joking *slaps his hand*

but I think Sidous wanted to test him to see how far he had fallen to the Darkside by killing the Jedi it should Sidous he had fallen really far. Destroying the Jedi in the Jedi Temple was a test, finishing off the Seperetist from the face of the Galexy was the "Cookie" aka reward because, Anakin really did hate the sepertist after all the things he witnessed during the Clone Wars and they were to blame so im sure he was pretty happy to kill them.

21. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will"

This question all has to do with not understanding the full power of the dark side. It is like a massively addictive drug. Once he kills (or at least gets an assist in the kill) Mace, there's no going back. He is so convinced that he's been deceived by the Jedi all along, mainly because of the effect the dark side has on an individual. Look at Anakin as Sidious tells him what a powerful Sith Lord he'll become, he looks hypnotized.

22. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    He gets to this point where he feels the Jedi aren't any better than the Sith. Both of them break the Jedi codes of honor (Mace is willing to kill an unarmed Palpatine) so he picks the side that can save Padme.

23. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    well like your saying the Darkside is always to have a lust for more power that is what Anakin wanted in the first place was more power.

24. DarthFarted

DarthFarted Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    He goes off to kill Nute and company and shut off the battle droids and still has no idea Palps has been playing both sides and he started the war and was basically in control of those trying to invade Padmes planet, then kill her in the next film. Then Anakin and another Jedi rescue his butt and then he sez they are out to get him because they are bad. Anakin is really stupid my god. Whats even worse is i think it takes him all the way till the end of ROTJ to figure all this stuff out

25. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    Anakin was Blinded by love like Padme say "So, love has blinded you then." I laugh at that part when she isnt that serious but it foreshowds the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.