main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Consolidated Celebration Panic Announcement Thread!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 7, 2023.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here we goooo!

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    So there's going to be a Rey movie set in 50ABY. The era is going to be called the New Jedi Order... which does not necessarily mean the Vong will appear.

As a side note: Grogu will be 90, if he were to make an appearance.

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is directing. I can't say I have heard of her or seen any of her work, but apparently she has a prior relationship with Disney because she worked on Ms. Marvel. The release date is supposed to be 2025, which does not really bode well for me... don't they have to start shooting next summer, if they want to hit a Winter 2025 release? I might just be a bit nervous because of how the ST was often pressed for time.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That is straight up the craziest thing I've seen and the idea of Mangold working on a Jedi origin biblical epic! What?

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m way too hyped for NNJO era content!

7. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I need them to secure Boyega for that NJO movie. Finn needs to be a Jedi!

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    SWCE 2023: Three New Star Wars Movies Announced | via SW.com

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The Filoni one seems likely to actually happen if it's so closely tied to the current TV-verse, but the other two sound like they have a lot of potential to some day no longer be in active development.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll have to catch up on this. When I am done school today

Nehru_Amidala and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The DotJ definitely has that potential the most. I’m very hyped for NJO so have to seeeeeee as we do have a cast for that ready made at least.

darklordoftech and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Pretty hard to be "hyped" for announcements like this when the last, what, 5? 6? of the exact same nature haven't ended up happening

13. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Easy to be cynical about new films, but hyped is a lot more fun.

I guess the Celebration audience got to see some Acolyte and Skeleton Crew footage, too.

14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Let's see. there is officially 24,500 years in-between the Dawn of the Jedi and the High Republic. Del Rey and Marvel are crying with joy right now as they can fit as many new eras in-between that time as they want.

darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Username checks out.

16. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Seeing the Spectres and all that NR iconography in Ahsoka is exciting, especially off the back of last week's Mando episode. I'm so glad they're bringing Mon Mothma into this era. Those GR-75ish ships at 0:50 are a new model, right?
    The James Mangold DotJ sounds really promising, but I can't help but think that whether or not it comes out will depend heavily on how Indy 5 does.

17. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Yeah Mangolds movie seems to be the most volatile one, if Indy 5 tanks we are never seing this.

The other two I'm quite optimistic about. The New Jedi Order one starts a new era and has a big name attached with Rey, with Bob Iger on their backs about finally making a movie again, I think no amount of difficulty can prevent them from making this. I think if this one doesn't make it it might be game over for Kennedy at Lucasfilm and I think she'll make certain it does. The fact that they will already start filming next year and the Director has no other project to make anymore which can ruin their reputation, also makes this likely to happen.
    And I think the Filoni one is also very likely, he has been at Lucasfilm for decades and this concludes a story they've already started telling, I don't see this one getting cancelled. Mangold's one might be in danger though.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, some of those sound familair... :cool:.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Real happy for Daisy Ridley being comfortable coming back after all the hate she got. Star Wars has a way of bringing people back, doesn't it? Ahmed Best keeps returning even though it literally nearly killed him!

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The Rey movie has been through some ups and downs in the press recently. I don't think it was even officially announced until today, but lots of Bts shenanigans with writers shake ups. Did they confirm this is the one Steven Knight is supposedly working on?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    As a fan of British panel shows, I went "I know that voice" when I heard the Andor panel start, looked up and went "Oh wow, Edith Bowman!"

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah it's the Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy film.

Dawud786 likes this.
  23. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    So, I found some leaked footage of The Acolyte and this thing looks like it's going to be the Star Wars wuxia movie I always wanted!

24. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m hoping that the NNJO film works to make itself distinct from the Filoni New Republic era film (so ideally, new baddies).

But otherwise I’m ridiculously impressed by this spread. Dawn of the Jedi by Mangold? Speechless, the Wolverine duology he did are my favourite superhero films. Be still my heart!

Sinrebirth and Dawud786 like this.
  25. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    There's a couple things in the Ahsoka trailer that make me wonder about whether there might be ties to the NNJO.

Prof Huyang talking about starting over and no Skywalkers in sight. I don't know, I always liked the idea that while Luke was doing his thing maybe Ahsoka was out there doing something in even more secret. That way, there's more disparate enclaves of Jedi acting independently and therefore less likely to be wiped out in one fell swoop as, seemingly, Luke's group was.

Would it redeem him in some eyes if he and Ahsoka planned such a thing, thus leaving Rey with more of a legacy to draw upon and connect to?

Kind of puts Ahsoka in a K'Kruhk position.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023